PDA

View Full Version : Seems McCain was none too pleased with Palin. Off Topic

Losthwy
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
An aide of Sen. McCain is being quoted as referring to the Palins as "Wasilla Hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus coast to coast", told she could buy three suits by the McCain campaign, instead purchased clothes for herself, her husband, and kids totaling over $150,000.

FOM
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Sen. McCain is being quoted as referring to the Palins as "Wasilla Hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus coast to coast", told she could buy three suits by the McCain campaign, instead purchased clothes for herself, her husband, and kids totaling over $150,000.

We have a politcal forum now.....and this is being discussed over there....

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32437

TANK
11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm sure all the neg. comments will come out flying now it's over for them. All I can say for this nation is to pray long and hard and to get right with the Good Lord quick! Because it's gonna be a looooong 4yrs. I hope and pray our new elect will prove me wrong but their is a certain race that is rubbing our noses in it and it won't get any better and the one's that are shoving it down our throats probably didn't vote.

TANK
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Didn't see it sorry please feel free to move my comment over.

Cleo Watson
11-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Looks like they are not finished trying to destroy what they fear and can't control. She always conducted herself as a lady.

achiro
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
When asked in an interview about the comments, she denied them and basicaly said that she wouldn't comment further until this "anonymous" source wasn't anonymous any more.

She also said it takes a small person to take shots at someone anonymously like that.

K.Bullock
11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Sen. McCain is being quoted as referring to the Palins as "Wasilla Hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus coast to coast", told she could buy three suits by the McCain campaign, instead purchased clothes for herself, her husband, and kids totaling over $150,000.

And the source for this was who?

Juli H
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
the media's portrayal of Palin, post election, has been nothing but biased, unfair, negative, and POOR.

Does anyone really believe that she didn't know the answers to such basic questions as Africa being a continent? Or the countries that make up NAFTA?
I watched the Today show and their story on what she was going to do when she got back to Alaska quoted her as saying she was looking forward to a more normal life and getting her girls back into school...of course they didn't include the part where she said she was looking forward to getting back to work as Gov.....

the media, because most of them are dems, will always put any conservative in poor light...perhaps they don't do it intentionally, perhaps they do...but that is the sad fact...Why I like to watch Fox News...the most unbiased news you can find.

Juli

Buzz
11-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Why I like to watch Fox News...the most unbiased news you can find.

Juli

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........

Juli H
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I didn't say they weren't unbiased, I said the MOST unbiased....

Juli

Arturo
11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........
Well mr. ha ha. Who do you think is the most unbiased? The key word is most. You gots to pay attention or this stuff will go right over your head. Then you will end up posting about stuff you didn't even understand. They are all biased. Which one do you think is the least biased. Feel free to add any network you want!
abc
cbs
nbc
msnbc
cnn
fox

AmiableLabs
11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Buzz, Fox News IS the most unbiased. EVERY objective study I have seen proves it. Try watching it. They make every effort to have on commentators from both sides of every issue.

They are perceived as biased mostly because those of us on the right flock to it. But the mistake in that is we are in fact flocking away from the left-tilt bias on CNN and MSNBC.

We on the right just want a fair shake. And Fox comes the closest to giving it to us. If they error in their objectivity and it is to the right, fine. They are still less biased than CNN and MSNBC.

sbakerz71
11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I feel the left will continue to try and destroy her because,they fear her coming back in 2012
If not before.

Even though Ted Stevens was Re-Elected, I don't believe he will be able to take his seat. That will leave Governor Palin to appoint herself as Senator.

K.Bullock
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Well mr. ha ha.

LOL that made me chuckle. :D

Juli H
11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I feel the left will continue to try and destroy her because,they fear her coming back in 2012
If not before.

Even though Ted Stevens was Re-Elected, I don't believe he will be able to take his seat. That will leave Governor Palin to appoint herself as Senator.

By Alaska law the Governor cannot appoint herself....If Stevens does step down, as I hope he will, there will be another election in or within 90 days....

Juli

sbakerz71
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
By Alaska law the Governor cannot appoint herself....If Stevens does step down, as I hope he will, there will be another election in or within 90 days....

Juli

Sorry

I thought when there was a vacancy the Govenor was to appoint someone to serve the remainder of that term.

Juli H
11-06-2008, 04:51 PM
not in Alaska...I believe it is law in most other states...

Juli

Losthwy
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
If not before.

Your right, the left put that credit card in her hand and forced her to buy Gucci shoes for her kids. Where do you think that money came from?

Paul Johnson
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Your right, the left put that credit card in her hand and forced her to buy Gucci shoes for her kids. Where do you think that money came from?

So you know this for a fact? Maybe you are one of those people that will believe anything as long as it fits with what you want to believe.

Clearly the anomymous source is trying to deflect the blame for a poorly run campaign. Maybe they are trying to destroy a woman that may be a rising star in the Republican party. I for one, will not give any credibility to an anonymous source that has nothing to lose by revealing their name.

If this forum is going to have any credibility, we need to discuss FACTS, not slurs, innuendo and gosip!

Patrick Johndrow
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
And the source for this was who?

Probably the RNC…they are trying to make this loss anyone’s beside their own. I hope the days of the milk toast, apologetic, NON conservative Republican Party is over.

Ron in Portland
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Juli

I read something today that said there was a similar situation in the past where a "deal" was made. The Governor stepped down, the Lt. Governor took office as Governor and appointed the outgoing Governor as Senator.

Juli, could it happen that way?

Paul Johnson
11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I read something today that said there was a similar situation in the past where a "deal" was made. The Governor stepped down, the Lt. Governor took office as Governor and appointed the outgoing Governor as Senator.

Juli, could it happen that way?

If it is possible, a few years in Washington would probably be quite educational, assuming that she did not get corrupted like the rest of the beltway crowd.

Joe S.
11-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Buzz, Fox News IS the most unbiased. EVERY objective study I have seen proves it. Try watching it. They make every effort to have on commentators from both sides of every issue.

Kevin has a point.

Wasn't it Fox that first reported the leakage on Lady Sarah? If they were really in the bag for the Republicans they would have buried it like the LA Times did with the Obama Tape.

Fair And Balanced Regards,

Joe S.

Losthwy
11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Do a Google on "Wasilla Hillbillies".

Juli H
11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't believe Palin would be so stupid as to step down as gov, just so that she could be a Senator....

but hey, you never know!

Juli

Buzz
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Well mr. ha ha. Who do you think is the most unbiased? The key word is most. You gots to pay attention or this stuff will go right over your head. Then you will end up posting about stuff you didn't even understand. They are all biased. Which one do you think is the least biased. Feel free to add any network you want!
abc
cbs
nbc
msnbc
cnn
fox

FOX = MSNBC

Paul Johnson
11-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Are you saying that a disguised anonymous source is credible? If that is the case, then I could register on this forum under an assumed name and start a thread saying anything I want about you and everybody should believe me just because it appears on this forum.

Arturo
11-06-2008, 08:33 PM
FOX = MSNBC
Maybe something went over my head this time. What the hel does that mean.:confused:
FOX = FOX
MSN & NBC = MSNBC

Buzz
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Maybe something went over my head this time. What the hel does that mean.:confused:
FOX = FOX
MSN & NBC = MSNBC

Fox is to conservatives what MSNBC is to liberals.

In other words, I rate both networks equal in objectivity.

I would not try and rate the other networks. I watch a little CNN, but I primarily watch FOX, MSNBC, and CSPAN.

Paul Johnson
11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Fox is to conservatives what MSNBC is to liberals.

In other words, I rate both networks equal in objectivity.

I would not try and rate the other networks. I watch a little CNN, but I primarily watch FOX, MSNBC, and CSPAN.

Is there a media bias? The answer is clearly yes! The press spent $9.6 million following Obama on the campaign and $4.4 million following the McCain campaign. In other words, the media spent more than twice as much following Obama. The worst offender was CBS, which spent $1.2 million traveling with Obama but only $222,000 traveling with the McCain. In other words, CBS spent almost 6 times as much following Obama as they spent following McCain. Even FOX News spent more on the Obama campaign, $496,000, than on the McCain campaign, $313,000. Clearly, the media was more interested in traveling on the Obama Express than on the Straight Talk Express. So much for objectivity!

I you do a little objective research you will note that even FOX News leans a little to the left.

Marvin S
11-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Fox is to conservatives what MSNBC is to liberals

If you do a little objective research you will note that even FOX News leans a little to the left.

Buzz - The only thing objective is the market (CNBC &/orBloomberg), numbers don't lie. You will note Paul's answer in case you missed same.

But if you believe Fox is conservative, you are really out there in LaLa land.

Buzz
11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Buzz - The only thing objective is the market (CNBC &/orBloomberg), numbers don't lie. You will note Paul's answer in case you missed same.

But if you believe Fox is conservative, you are really out there in LaLa land.

I forgot to mention CNBC. That's what I put on the TV in my office.

I maybe shouldn't have said that FOX is conservative. I meant to say that FOX is Republican. I do not believe that Republicans are necessarily conservative. Democrats tax and spend, and Republicans borrow and spend. A conservative would probably do neither.

Anyone who would say that FOX isn't Republican is out there in LaLa land. It wouldn't be a question outside the demographic that frequents field dog training type websites.

Finally, I don't know about numbers not lying. I have seen plenty of engineers calculate their way down the road to perdition. Some of the best decisions I've made were when I concluded that I didn't have faith in the numbers I was seeing.

Bruce MacPherson
11-07-2008, 12:36 AM

Maybe you missed the Pugh research poll that showed where the bias really was and it wasn't with Fox. Facts are stubborn things

Bud Bass
11-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Juli, I hear you are pretty critical of a certain ap reporter also that at one time was a friend of yours. Bud

ErinsEdge
11-07-2008, 03:30 AM
told she could buy three suits by the McCain campaign, instead purchased clothes for herself, her husband, and kids totaling over $150,000
That right there should tell you something isn't right. I can just see if she appeared in the same three suits what people would say. Tens of millions were spent by both campaigns in just jet fuel and ads and this is what people are going to dwell on? The whole spending process is pathetic.

IowaBayDog
11-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Maybe you missed the Pugh research poll that showed where the bias really was and it wasn't with Fox. Facts are stubborn things

In case you did miss it Buzz, here it is. It was really tough to find so I don't blame you for being uninformed.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1011/color-of-news-coverage

20 Seconds on Google Regards

Hew
11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Is that how you found out that your original claim (before you edited it half a day later) that it was McCain who said "Wasilla Hillbillies" was wrong? You should probably vet your Air America sources with a little googlin' of your own before rushing breathlessly to the keyboard to repeat them. ;-)

And not even a little mea culpa for the original disinformation? Just a quick edit and you're back on your way, eh?

Marvin S
11-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Finally, I don't know about numbers not lying. I have seen plenty of engineers calculate their way down the road to perdition. Some of the best decisions I've made were when I concluded that I didn't have faith in the numbers I was seeing.

Numbers derived from faulty assumptions are just that, faulty. But we aren't talking about rocket science when we deal with a budget - the last time I checked 2 + 2 still equalled 4. But when people start saying things are different is when the faulty predictions start. The problems all begin when people buy into something they do not understand.

When you don't have faith in the numbers that means your experience is kicking in. I do that a lot but I'm not working anymore just do the simple things: Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide. So don't need to worry about load paths, fitup & accumulation of tolerances. Even those I was able to explain to the mechanics in terms they could understand.

Losthwy
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
This an interesting read. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid=&id=&pnt=102

Hew
11-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Very Interesting.

Also is related to "confirmation bias"

It sure does. A very liberal .org supported financially by a who's who of liberal special interest groups and foundations (including the infamous Tides Foundation) comes out with a study surprisingly (:rolleyes:) showing that Fox is biased and the people who watch it are ignorant, and you boys gobble it up as if it's the gospel. Confirmation bias indeed.

Paul Johnson
11-07-2008, 11:56 AM
This an interesting read. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php?nid=&id=&pnt=102

Please stop digging up biased sources that support your biased opinions. People use statistics incorrectly to "prove" a point. The correct use of statistics is to show the probability that a hypothesis is incorrect. To understand this distinction, consider this: No matter how many examples you find that agree with a hypothesis, it only takes one example to to disprove that hypothesis. If you paid attention to the last election, the statistics were used incorrectly to show that Obama would win by a double digit lead, yet, his lead was only 6%, less than half of what the pundits predicted.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
Benjamin Disraeli