PDA

View Full Version : Obama Cat guy

DSemple
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Yesterday afternoon I swung by to check on one of my crews that was finishing up a re-roof on a large residential home. Im coming down the ladder, after inspecting the roof, when the neighbor walks over and says he sees that we have extra materials left over and explains that he has built an outside house for his 3 cats and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house.

Well the guy still has his Obama sign in his yard, but never one to turn away money, I shingle in his little 3 x 4 cat house roof. It only takes me about 15 minutes, but the whole time Im working the guy is going on and on and on about the election. Im ignoring the guy but getting mad under the collar and he says to me, I gather you are not an Obama fan. Well we get into it and argue heatedly for about 5 minutes about what we have to look forward to the next 4 years before he finally asks exasperated, well what do I owe you. I tell him $150 will cover it.

As he is counting out his money for the work, trying to get one last zinger in, he says rather pointedly I want you to know I would have paid $200". I immediately grabbed his money saying thats alright I would have done it for $90, and walked off.

...Don

Hew
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
thats alright I would have done it for $90

:D Classic

Juli H
11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
you should have added ----
' but since my taxes are going up, I've decided to raise my rates.'

Juli

Buster Brown
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Yesterday afternoon I swung by to check on one of my crews that was finishing up a re-roof on a large residential home. Im coming down the ladder, after inspecting the roof, when the neighbor walks over and says he sees that we have extra materials left over and explains that he has built an outside house for his 3 cats and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house.

Well the guy still has his Obama sign in his yard, but never one to turn away money, I shingle in his little 3 x 4 cat house roof. It only takes me about 15 minutes, but the whole time Im working the guy is going on and on and on about the election. Im ignoring the guy but getting mad under the collar and he says to me, I gather you are not an Obama fan. Well we get into it and argue heatedly for about 5 minutes about what we have to look forward to the next 4 years before he finally asks exasperated, well what do I owe you. I tell him $150 will cover it.

As he is counting out his money for the work, trying to get one last zinger in, he says rather pointedly I want you to know I would have paid $200". I immediately grabbed his money saying thats alright I would have done it for $90, and walked off.

...Don

You should have told him you would have done it for $90.00 but in the spirit of Obama Patriotism you wanted to spread the wealth...:razz:

Ken Bora
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
the neighbor walks over and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house. ...Don
most folk take that out in trade;-)

DSemple
11-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by DSemple
the neighbor walks over and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house. ...Don

most folk take that out in trade;-)

Quite a number of years ago I re-roofed a small titty bar. Still on the books waiting to get paid on that one. ;-)

...Don

Ken Bora
11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Quite a number of years ago I re-roofed a small titty bar. Still on the books waiting to get paid on that one. ;-)

...Don
well that the problem right there. by limiting themselves to performers with small titties they are excluding the customers who would prefer large titties. but as a nation we need to get past this and reach out to titties of all sizes. it is time for us to come together and end stripper discrimination now.

firehouselabs
11-07-2008, 10:05 AM
:BIG: OMG Ken! Now that is funny!!!