PDA

View Full Version : Did I Hear Obama Right?

sbakerz71
11-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I was watching MSNBC and just a couple minutes ago Obama was talking about the new dog they will eventually get.

He said that one of the girls was allergic so it would have to be a hypoallergenic puppy so it would probably not come from the shelter since most of them were like him.

Did he just on National tv call himself a mutt.

I will post a link as soon as I find it.

JS
11-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes, he did. He said "most of them (dogs from the shelter) are mutts like me", with a smile and a wink.

Which raises a point I have been contemplating for some time: everyone, it seems ... and this is not directed at anyone, it includes folks of all persuasions as well as the media ... everyone refers to him as a "black". First black president, breakthrough for blacks, etc.

This guy is just as much white as he is black!

What is the rule for being white?? 100%? 75%?? Just wonderin'.

JS

Buzz
11-07-2008, 06:28 PM
I am curious, is there any such thing as a hypoallergenic dog? I don't believe it.

sbakerz71
11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I am curious, is there any such thing as a hypoallergenic dog? I don't believe it.

You dont believe he said it or that there are hypoallergenic dogs?

JS
11-07-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't have any facts, but it is widely understood that some breeds, poodles among them, cause less problems for people with allergies.

He also said the kids wanted a "goldendoodle". Gawd, I hope that doesn't happen. This board will go crazy!!! :razz: :razz: :razz:

JS

sbakerz71
11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Found the link.Could not copy it from msnbc but,I found it already on youtube.

Listen close at the 1:09 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piiv28duEk4

AmiableLabs
11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Did he just on National tv call himself a mutt.
I would hazard to guess at least 90% of Americans are mutts.

Not a problem.

dixidawg
11-07-2008, 07:30 PM
What are the other 10% ?????

Thomas D
11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
This mornings Today Show called him the first bi racial president.

Illinois Bob
11-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Obama is not black.He is Scottish.:rolleyes:
http://news.scotsman.com/barackobama/Presidentelect-Barack-Obama-invited-to.4662092.jp

Paul Johnson
11-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Yes, a German Shorthair Pointer

Kris Hunt
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes, he did. He said "most of them (dogs from the shelter) are mutts like me", with a smile and a wink.

Which raises a point I have been contemplating for some time: everyone, it seems ... and this is not directed at anyone, it includes folks of all persuasions as well as the media ... everyone refers to him as a "black". First black president, breakthrough for blacks, etc.

JS

I'm wondering right along with you.....................

T. Mac
11-08-2008, 01:38 AM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images7/pulistand.jpg

One suggestion might be?

Bud Bass
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM

JS

I have often considered starting a thread entitled "black and white" as I have a difficult time wondering why he is always refered to as black or the first black president, etc. I guess I figured that he must have perfered it and let the midia know, but now I'm not so sure. I guess mulatto is not considered acceptable, personally I like the word "zebra" but I'm sure that is not acceptable either, I'd be just as happy to hear him refered to as white as black. What would be great if they just refered to him as Barack or as Mr President, without reference to his color. Bud

Terri
11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
The Chinese Crested (hairless and powder puff) is a hypoallergenic breed. This isn't the breed that can be left outside and house training is not always easy in areas with cold/wet whether.

God pray for the first dog.

I always worry about people getting dogs because the kids want it. Most breeders won't place puppies with people wanting a puppy only for the children. The adults should want the dog and allow their children to learn through taking a second in charge role. Too many people dump the dog because they didn't realize the work involved. The first family can always say it is the allergies when the kids get tired of taking care of the dog. Just my 2 cents.

K G
11-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I have often considered starting a thread entitled "black and white" as I have a difficult time wondering why he is always refered to as black or the first black president, etc. I guess I figured that he must have perfered it and let the midia know, but now I'm not so sure. I guess mulatto is not considered acceptable, personally I like the word "zebra" but I'm sure that is not acceptable either, I'd be just as happy to hear him refered to as white as black. What would be great if they just refered to him as Barack or as Mr President, with reference to his color. Bud

Before the election, BHO's supporters were VERY quick to point out that he was "half white," not "half black." Now that the election is over, all we hear is that we have the country's first BLACK President.

Make positive moves against the recession, make SMART tax moves that don't punish small business, and keep America safe....that'll be a good start in making people NOT CARE what "color" he is.....

kg

harvey8542
11-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Why would they get sick of taking care of a dog. I'm pretty sure Joe taxpayer is paying for someone to do that.

Joe S.
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Make positive moves against the recession, make SMART tax moves that don't punish small business, and keep America safe....that'll be a good start in making people NOT CARE what "color" he is.....

kg

...or what party he is from!

Um...yeah...or maybe not on the party part. ;-)

Penn State Broke My Heart Regards,

Joe s.

SueLab
11-09-2008, 06:09 AM
DOG = reason for a non political photo op...

It will probably end up like Bill Clinton's lab - dead on the road because they couldn't seem to keep it in their own yard after leaving the White House...

Leddyman
11-09-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images7/pulistand.jpg

One suggestion might be?

He can't take Whoopi Goldberg to the white house! come on.

YardleyLabs
11-09-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm wondering right along with you.....................

The most common rule used in the United States for defining a black person was the "one drop rule." A person with any known ancestor that was black was considered to be black. Given that most states prohibited "inter-racial" marriage until after WWII and that some, including Virginia, maintained such laws until several years after Obama's birth, the definition has a long legal history. In 1967, the Supreme Court finally ruled that anti-miscegenation laws were un-Constitutional, overturning Virginia's law which applied the one drop rule. I guess that's what happens when you allow a bunch on Liberals to be appointed to the court.;-)

K.Bullock
11-09-2008, 06:50 AM
I have often considered starting a thread entitled "black and white" as I have a difficult time wondering why he is always refered to as black or the first black president, etc. I guess I figured that he must have perfered it and let the midia know, but now I'm not so sure. I guess mulatto is not considered acceptable, personally I like the word "zebra" but I'm sure that is not acceptable either, I'd be just as happy to hear him refered to as white as black. What would be great if they just refered to him as Barack or as Mr President, without reference to his color. Bud
I saw a funny one yesterday. The Scottish government sent him congrats and invited him to come and visit his homeland. The article states that Obama is directly descended from a Scottish nobleman. I don't have time to hunt that article this morning but it is out there on the AP.

Illinois Bob
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I saw a funny one yesterday. The Scottish government sent him congrats and invited him to come and visit his homeland. The article states that Obama is directly descended from a Scottish nobleman. I don't have time to hunt that article this morning but it is out there on the AP.

I told you he was Scottish.I about spit out my Balvenie when I read that.
http://news.scotsman.com/barackobama/Presidentelect-Barack-Obama-invited-to.4662092.jp

By the way,I've decided that I no longer have a Black Labrador.He is an English/American Labrador.I thought we were suppose to keep color out of everything.

JS
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
By the way,I've decided that I no longer have a Black Labrador.He is an English/American Labrador.I thought we were suppose to keep color out of everything.

Well, just for the sake of argument (and I'm out the door so I won't be here to participate :D):

There are 105 dogs starting the Open today. Can you tell me which ones are black and which ones are yellow??? ;-)

Unless you are a regular FT participant, I'll bet you can't.

Too bad we can't view people like we do our dogs. THAT would be "keeping color out of it."

JS

Steve Amrein
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I thought Clinton was the 1st black President

When BHO is in office can I also say the '' THE MAN'' is keepin me down

sandyriver
11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
AKC did a whole election candidate pole on Obama dogs and Biden dogs. In addition they also did an intro to possible McCain dogs...he does own a Yorkie apparently.

Anyhow---I think they should get a rescue poodle...that is my 2cents worth. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.akc.org/poll/special/presidential.cfm#McCain

MooseGooser
11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
sbakerz71!!!!:shock:

My last name is Baker!!

My X wifes first name was SANDY!!!

She drives a Chevy truck!!!

If U is HER!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not Postin here NO MORE!!!:D

Gooser

sbakerz71
11-14-2008, 07:06 PM
sbakerz71!!!!:shock:

My last name is Baker!!

My X wifes first name was SANDY!!!

She drives a Chevy truck!!!

If U is HER!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not Postin here NO MORE!!!:D

Gooser

No I aint a her I is a he.

My x wife I found out let everybody Gooser.
You aint her are you?