PDA

View Full Version : Turing It All Around

Joe S.
11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Taking a que from my good friend KG, thought I'd start a poll...it's a poliltical thing to do, you know.;-)

So...how long will it take #44 to turn the economy around and why that long?

It's my first poll, so be gentle cause ya'll are kind and caring.

Political Regards,

Joe S.

Golddogs
11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
At a minimum 3 + years. Too many major financial hurdles to overcome in less time than that. The core industries need to get back on track before any significant economic change will occur. Heck, 3M just announced another 1500 to be layed off and they had a good year. Just like a cold, it will get worse before it gets better and we will hurt in the meantime.

Recession regards

YardleyLabs
11-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I voted 2-3 years, but it's not clear what a recovery will look like. Our economy has been based on credit to an extent that can't (and shouldn't) be replicated. The big challenge is to get growth started again without such a heavy reliance on perpetually growing debt. Of necessity that will result in a lower standard of living for an extended period.

Matt McKenzie
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
It all depends on how many of his campaign promises he delivers on.

Goose
11-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Since when has the government done anything good for the American economy and when was the last time a politician made a positive difference for the American economy?

They're all a bunch of bums and if you're sitting at home waiting for the latest one to make a difference you're wasting your time. He's no different than the one he's replacing. He's not going to buy your gas and he's not going to pay your mortgage. That's up to you...not some sleezy lawmaker in Washingon DC. They couldn't care less about you.

Look in the mirror and you'll see the one responsible for making a difference. You're responsible...not some low-life politician who's only in it for the power and prestige.

We're in this mess because of politicians like Obama. They've driven this country into the dirt and it will stay there as long as we continue to believe they have the answer.

They don't.

Bob Gutermuth
11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Until they throw those crooks like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd out of the Congress it ain't gonna happen

subroc
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I didn’t answer because I am not sure what his actions will be that will directly effect the economy in a positive way. Could you identify specific actions that he will enact that will have a direct effect on the economy?

Attempting to learn about economic issues from any that want to provide real economic information.

Edbuck
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
One place he is already helping the economy is guns sales. The Bass Pro I work at is up 700% this week.

Buzz
11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I will say that it will take as long as is required for people to shed some of the loans they have, getting their debt/income level down to a level where someone will feel comfortable giving them a loan for a car etc. For many I would bet on a 3-5 year timeframe - if they don't default in the meantime that is...

Marvin S
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
So...how long will it take #44 to turn the economy around and why that long? Joe S.

This depends on who he chooses in his cabinet & inner circle. I would be comfortable with Larry (not politically correct) Summers at Treasury & Paul (sound dollar) Volcker in his inner circle of economic advisers. I believe it too early to vote, & won't, until we see some flesh on his machine.

There are already 2 things that have happened that are cause for concern - David Axelrod is known for excellent campaigns & candidates with mediocre results & is now one of his WH advisors - & his potential decision to rescind the Bush executive order on domestic drilling, there is no logistical way to Alternative Energy this situation into economic progress. We are too far behind on infrastructure to accomplish economic recovery without slow phase out of the present system. Just look at the burden caused by the ethanol boondoggle,

I for one hope he shows a modicum of success so we can get the we don't get a chance crowd on the sidelines & just judge performance based on success or lack thereof. Some of my favorite coaches are minorities & I am able to look beyond their color to the successful programs they create.

WRL
11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
The economy will turn around regardless of who is in the whitehouse. Its the American way.

So are you asking what specifically he would do that someone else in his place would not do, thereby he gets full credit and how long would take?

WRL

Bruce MacPherson
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I had to go with 36 months because the next step up is longer than 48 months and frankly after the people get a look at what a piece of work this guy really is 48 months will be the end of the Obama experiment.

subroc
11-10-2008, 05:43 AM
...Just look at the burden caused by the ethanol boondoggle...Careful, the left considers that an economic success. I don't think the left measures economic success in the same way others do. They merge agenda with economy, hence the proposition that just being "green" will stimulate the economy.

Marvin S
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Careful, the left considers that an economic success. I don't think the left measures economic success in the same way others do. They merge agenda with economy, hence the proposition that just being "green" will stimulate the economy.

Oh so TRUE, but FUNNY, just the same.

Fuzzy thinkers, regards.

badbullgator
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
The economy will turn around regardless of who is in the whitehouse. Its the American way.

So are you asking what specifically he would do that someone else in his place would not do, thereby he gets full credit and how long would take?

WRL

Ding, ding, ding....winner! IT will not be the fact that BHO is in the White House. The economy will turn around in time regardless of who is POTUS. However, the left will take credit as would the right. I don;t think it will be as strong as it was a few years ago even after 4 years of BHO, but it will be more "normal" I hope. I am just still not sure how we are going to pay for all of BHO's tax cuts (can't make it all up from the rich can they?) and spending. Seems like a bad more to vow to spend more and take in less....kind of like making loans to people who do not qualify...good business plan if you ask me:rolleyes:

Ken Bora
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I had to go with 36 months because the next step up is longer than 48 months and frankly after the people get a look at what a piece of work this guy really is 48 months will be the end of the Obama experiment.

a great post from 08... dang you sure nailed it!!:cool:

Brian Cockfield
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
a great post from 08... dang you sure nailed it!!:cool:
Perfect. He definitely nailed it.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I didn't get a chance to vote. As someone else said, the economy will improve regardless of whom is in office. Although, I think that if both sides would quit bickering, and find common ground to the betterment of the entire country, it would happen faster and better.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't look for one side to work with the other side, no matter who gets elected. Harry Reid said he will not work with Romney and the R's will not work with Obama. We are not the United States anymore after this election, we are the Democrats and Republicans.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't look for one side to work with the other side, no matter who gets elected. Harry Reid said he will not work with Romney and the R's will not work with Obama. We are not the United States anymore after this election, we are the Democrats and Republicans.

That is very sad but true. Why can't they just get along and work together? What makes it so bad is that nothing gets done because they all act like a bunch of spoiled brats that need a good swat on the behind. Another argument for term limits.

Uncle Bill
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for "bringing 'em back", Ken. Where have these fellow RTFers gone? Of course we know Bob G has passed on, but I'm not aware of any of the others 'crossing over'. Hey Corey...Dover Joe...Bruce Mac...even Lee (WRL)...where are you folks? BTW, it would be good if Lee could 'splain her answer. How is it you were so optimistic, Lee?

I don't recall if I was available at that time...probably hunting...and missed that poll. But I would have been #26 in the group that it just wouldn't happen, primarily because I was in favor of Rush's proclamation that "I hope this guy fails." By now, most should understand why.

And now, why would you want 4 more years of this regime? If the same poll was run, would the 61% change? It really doesn't take much prescience to predict the past 4 years will only get worse if the oligarchy succeeds in energizing enough fools to put them back in office.

The Democrats in that poll must by now be demoralized at what a sham Obama has been. I can't even see any of them voting for him again. Guess I see them being more intelligent than that.

UB

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Sorry Uncle Bill but most of them are voting for him again. Fool me once...

WRL
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Sorry Uncle Bill but most of them are voting for him again. Fool me once...

I am not sure who THEM are but I did not vote for him then or now.

WRL

WRL
11-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for "bringing 'em back", Ken. Where have these fellow RTFers gone? Of course we know Bob G has passed on, but I'm not aware of any of the others 'crossing over'. Hey Corey...Dover Joe...Bruce Mac...even Lee (WRL)...where are you folks? BTW, it would be good if Lee could 'splain her answer. How is it you were so optimistic, Lee?

I don't recall if I was available at that time...probably hunting...and missed that poll. But I would have been #26 in the group that it just wouldn't happen, primarily because I was in favor of Rush's proclamation that "I hope this guy fails." By now, most should understand why.

And now, why would you want 4 more years of this regime? If the same poll was run, would the 61% change? It really doesn't take much prescience to predict the past 4 years will only get worse if the oligarchy succeeds in energizing enough fools to put them back in office.

The Democrats in that poll must by now be demoralized at what a sham Obama has been. I can't even see any of them voting for him again. Guess I see them being more intelligent than that.

UB

I am an optimistic person UB. No matter who the president, I believe in the american PEOPLE.

"This too we shall get through"....

WRL

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I am not sure who THEM are but I did not vote for him then or now.

WRL
If you read Uncle Bill's post above, THEM=Democrats that voted for Obama the first time. At least that's the way I interpreted it. I am very surprised at the amount of people that still support him.

Joe S.
11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Well now, isn't this special...

JustinS
11-06-2012, 08:14 PM
if Romney wins Florida i might go buy a whiskey drink and celebrate

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 08:18 PM
He lost PA it doesn't look good, but he won a lot of states. Looks like Republicans will maintain the house so more gridlock.

Uncle Bill
11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Well now, isn't this special...

Holy Moly...Zat you Joe? What's with the "plasterboard" get-up? You B gettin' more smarts? Dat mean you B texting now?:cool:

UB

Larry Thompson1
11-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I did not vote on this. It all depends on of far left this guy goes. He said in his acceptance speech he wanted to see the US become energy independent. If he will allow drilling we might do alright if not well pack your grip its time to run. A little reference to the NAFC champ running this coming week. Good luck Chad.