PDA

View Full Version : Up against this as well

Steve Amrein
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
In addition to folks against guns and hunting "they" are working hard to limit other sports as well. Take some time and look at this stuff and go to links and go to a few of those sites. You will see that these groups are all tied together. They will not be happy till everyone wipes with 1 sheet of TP and walks to work. Very scary stuff. see link

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/index.htm

labdoc
11-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry Steve, can't agree with you on that one. I live in a state where the 4-wheelers have become rampant, invading the wilderness areas and choosing to ignore the signs to stay on the roads. Several years back while packing out of elk camp on my horses, we met several of these entering the wilderness where they are prohibited. After a little verbal confrontation, they chose to buzz up behind us and attempt to spook the horses. A stupid thing to do with an armed person who is not half bad at roping a moving object at a run. One saw me unwrapping the lariat and decided it was wise to back off. This is the norm of behavior from ATV owners who don't live in the state and feel it is their right to destroy our land. I just wish the things would have been restricted before they became so prevalent. Now it would be impossible due to their numbers and lobbying power, ...kind of like limiting the illegal immigrants.

Steve Amrein
11-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry to read about some allhose that makes things bad for ALL.

I would bet if you looked at some of the links like the ones that talked about the farmers and ranchers ruining the pristene wilderness you may change your mind or maybe how horses should be wild and free and not used for beasts of burden or the damage the make to trails.

They also want to outlaw ALL hunting on federal and state land. While ATV's may not be your cup of tea I am sure there is enough land availible for all to enjoy. BTW we plan on coming to your state and plan on hunting and fishing and will bring our ATV's which we will tread lightly and make sure we are in legal areas.