PDA

View Full Version : From USSA: Sportsmen Dismayed by Overthrow of Congressman John Dingell

AmiableLabs
11-21-2008, 07:22 PM
E-mail: info@ussportsmen.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sharon Hayden (614) 888-4868 ext. 226

November 21, 2008

Sportsmen Dismayed by Overthrow of Congressman John Dingell
Anti-Hunting Representative Assumes Pivotal Committee Chairmanship

(Columbus, Ohio) – The United States Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) expresses its dismay today over the news that U.S. Representative Henry Waxman (D- CA) toppled Representative John Dingell (D- MI) as Chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Rep. Dingell has been a tireless champion of sportsmen issues for decades, while Rep. Waxman has a long history of supporting the causes of extremist animal rights and anti-firearm groups. Given the recent call by President-elect Barack Obama for a broad and bipartisan approach to governing, this action raises serious doubts in the eyes of sportsmen.

“Rep. Dingell understood and cared about sportsmen and their devotion to conservation,” said USSA Vice President of Government Affairs, Rob Sexton. “On the other hand, Rep. Waxman, an environmental activist, has consistently earned a 100 percent rating from the leading anti-hunting group in the country, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), which has sought to use the Endangered Species Act to stop hunting.”

Among Rep. Waxman’s anti-hunting votes are:
• against allowing hunting, fishing, and trapping in the East Mojave Scenic Area;
• against the National Wildlife Refuge Improvement Act of 1996 that enshrined hunting, fishing, and trapping as a priority use of wildlife refuges;
• for banning the importation of polar bear trophies and resulting in a loss of conservation funding;

Beyond his strong support of anti-hunting legislation, Rep. Waxman has also been a consistent opponent of Second Amendment rights. According to Sexton, “He has voted for nearly all anti-firearm bills in Congress going back to the so-called ‘Assault Weapon Ban’ and the ‘Brady Bill.’ Both of those bills were punitive and designed to prohibit law abiding citizens from engaging in their constitutional rights.”

Sportsmen play a major role in the U.S. economy through their purchases of hunting, fishing, and trapping equipment. They also play the decisive role in maintaining ongoing conservation efforts through federal and state taxes on that equipment. “With the economy facing its greatest challenge in over a generation, now is not the time to embrace the radical agenda of groups like HSUS and choke off one of its most vibrant sectors. The USSA hopes that Rep. Waxman will show a greater appreciation for this fact as he assumes his new position than he has in the past,” concluded Sexton.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

Marvin S
11-21-2008, 09:28 PM
The PURGE begins! I read earlier this year that the liberal D's were going after the conservative D's to increase their marketing power. Rep Nostrils (D-CA) should be entertaining & dangerous. At least we know he is the ENEMY.

Any thing emanating from his committee is immediately suspect.

K G
11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
So....Buzz and Jeff....you guys still feelin' pretty good about the future of our sport and the second amendment?

You guys got any extra sets of the blinders you're wearing? We're gonna need a few to pass around here.....

kg

backpasture
11-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Spare us the histrionics.

Dingell's ouster has nothing to do with gun rights, and everything to do with his consistent unapologetic defense of the auto industry (opposition to stricter fuel efficiency standards, etc).

Marvin, you think ANYTHING emanating from a Democratic congress is suspect, regardless of what committee it comes from and who heads it.

Joe S.
11-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Marvin, you think ANYTHING emanating from a Democratic congress is suspect, regardless of what committee it comes from and who heads it.

No, that is not true in the least.

Marvin thinks ANYTHING not emanating from Marvin is suspect.;-)

Just Clearing It Up Regards,

Joe S.

JS
11-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't know Marvin.

If I ever met him, I may like him.

But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man. :(

Could be wrong regards,

JS

Henry V
11-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Dingell's ouster has nothing to do with gun rights, and everything to do with his consistent unapologetic defense of the auto industry (opposition to stricter fuel efficiency standards, etc).

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

AmiableLabs
11-22-2008, 10:58 AM
What does that have to do with anything??

The point is not "why" he was ousted, the point is the result of him being ousted. :roll:

AmiableLabs
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.
Try again. That has NOTHING to do with the original post.

AmiableLabs
11-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Marvin, you think ANYTHING emanating from a Democratic congress is suspect,. . . .

I don't know Marvin. . . .But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man. :(
Typical left -- they can't deal with the issues so they go on personal attacks.

The point remains -- Dingell's ouster being replaced by Waxman is a BAD thing for sportsmen. And Marvin is right, we now have to be suspect of anything the emanates from Waxman's committee.

Personally attacking Marvin or anyone is not going to change those facts.

backpasture
11-22-2008, 11:06 AM

blah, blah, blah

Lighten up, Francis.

Henry V
11-22-2008, 11:56 AM

What was that saying about living in glass houses?

How many quotes with personal attacks do you want from conservatives. I'll just leave it at:

Are you completely clueless? Did you even read the story?! (note - there was no story to read)
You are clueless.
and then, of course, there are all kinds of judgmental statements (perhaps not rising to "attack") made on entire groups of people like:
Welcome to "Liberal Logic 101."

Brought to you by the same school of nonthought that professes to practice tolerance of everything.....except those who oppose the tolerance of everything (a group that now includes them because of their intolerance) -- "Liberal Logic 102."

But don't worry about passing courses Liberal Logic 101 & 102, they don't require any thought, just good intentions..

Anyone else have other examples to demonstrate that personal attacks are not only the purview of those to the left of Kevin?

I know it will take a lot of digging to find them.;)

K G
11-22-2008, 01:19 PM

So you guys are good with Waxman and his potential impact on our current freedoms?

Tryin' to stay on point regards,

kg

JS
11-22-2008, 02:57 PM

I can't speak for Joe S. or backpasture, but as for me, my quote was not a personal attack. It was simple pity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=362988#post362988)
I don't know Marvin.

But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man. :sad:

Could be wrong regards,

And BTW, I have heard Marvin referred to as a "bitter old man" by more than one person regarding other, non-political topics.

Just sayin' ;-)

JS

PS
And editing posts to alter the context is as dishonest as outright lying.

achiro
11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
So you guys are good with Waxman and his potential impact on our current freedoms?

Tryin' to stay on point regards,

kg
Don't you know KG, if you ignore it long enough it goes away. :(

Marvin S
11-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Any thing emanating from his committee is immediately suspect.

The above quote is included for clarity.

John Dingell is a friend of Sportsman, so indirectly a supporter of our sport. I say our sport as I assUme you also train dogs & hunt, otherwise I would ask why are you on this forum? His replacement by Henry Nostrils is an ominous sign that things will be more confrontational & sportsman will receive little consideration. A few years back there was an attempt to divert Pittman-Robertson funds to the general fund & in another case make Wildlife Refuges off-limits to hunting, If my memory hasn't left me John Dingell was one of those instrumental in blocking those transfers of rights.

As for CAFE, it's not somewhere you eat, it's an intrusion by the federal government in the day to day operations of legitimate businesses. The industry has to make a lot of cars that are hard to sell so they can make those that will sell. John Dingell was elected by those people to represent them, which is what he did.

How do you get to your place of employment? Do you recycle? We have all our lives. If John Dingell were running in our district I would consider it an honor to vote FOR him, rather than holding my nose when I pull the lever.

No, that is not true in the least.

Joe S.

Another Helpy Helperson moment! I don't know what your stake is in this exchange but I do sense some jealousy. Am I a perceived threat to your perceived role as forum expert?

Piling on, Regards.

I don't know Marvin.

But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man. :(

Could be wrong regards,

JS

Is this a left wing version (you remind me of a one winged pigeon we once had, could only go one direction) of he's a bitter old man. Both you & Helpy owe me answers from previous threads, so you folks need to get with it. If you do get the opportunity to meet me, please don't bother, I have no interest in wasting my time.

Marvin S
11-22-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't speak for Joe S. or backpasture, but as for me, my quote was not a personal attack. It was simple.

PLEASE understand that what you have to offer is not desired!!!!!!

And BTW, I have heard Marvin referred to as a "bitter old man" by more than one person regarding other, non-political topics.

Spreading GOSSIP, BTW when that statement is made, it's the sign that the other person has run out of their limited supply of whatever they are spewing. That statement is personal!!!!

JS
11-22-2008, 06:16 PM
....snip.... If you do get the opportunity to meet me, please don't bother, I have no interest in wasting my time.

I'm sorry, and maybe a little hurt to hear that, Marvin. I usually try to keep my mind open and hope to discover the "brighter side" of things.

JS

Joe S.
11-22-2008, 06:21 PM

The point remains -- Dingell's ouster being replaced by Waxman is a BAD thing for sportsmen. And Marvin is right, we now have to be suspect of anything the emanates from Waxman's committee.

Typical right - making mountains out molehills. Cannot seem to come to terms with the fact that America has largely rejected their narrow, non-representative agenda.

The point remains -- Dingell's ouster being replaced by Waxman is an UNKNOWN for sportsman. And Marvin is wrong, we now have to wait and see what emanates from Waxman's committee because, as rational adults, we can't tell what the future holds.

Ingnoring the as yet unknow facts isn't difficult if you have an open mind.

The Sky Really Isn't Falling Is It Kevin Regards,

Joe S.

Joe S.
11-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Another Helpy Helperson moment! I don't know what your stake is in this exchange but I do sense some jealousy. Am I a perceived threat to your perceived role as forum expert?

Piling on, Regards.

Nope. You're no threat to me in any way, shape or form. I'm no expert here Marv...tho' I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times. Some of the stuff you write causes me to do more research, so it's a plus for me.

Much like you and Kevin, I just call it the way I see it, which is my right, too.

You guys on the right fail to realize times change and, you either have to adjust to them or, like the dinosaurs, be doomed by them.

Your party is mostly old, mostly white, largely well off, and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated. It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America. You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life. Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party that it is reminds me of the person going from job to job, always getting into problems with the management. His answer is it is always the managers fault...no, it's not really. The guy (party) has the problem, he is just to pig-headed to see it.

You guys get your panties in a knot whenever someone wants to touch our precious 2nd amendment but stay strangely silent when other amendments are trampled under foot. Now, why is that Marv? I find you to be intelligent and know you read a great deal, why is it that the 2nd means more to you than the 4th, for example?

You guys have all the right answers, that is why you won the election...oh, wait...

The Glass Is Really Half-Full Regards,

Joe S.

Patrick Johndrow
11-22-2008, 07:47 PM

ANYTHING emanating from gooberment should be suspect ragardless of of which party sponsors it.

K G
11-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Your party is mostly old, mostly white, largely well off, and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated. It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America.

Your opinion or bonafide stats from the Bureau of the Census? ;-)

You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life.

There won't be an independent candidate pulling votes from Chambliss in the runoff, Joe. Care to make a wager on the outcome??? :D

Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party that it is reminds me of the person going from job to job, always getting into problems with the management. His answer is it is always the managers fault...no, it's not really. The guy (party) has the problem, he is just too pig-headed to see it.

We (you and I) have touched on this before, but "absolute repudiation" is hardly what a 52%-54% to 48%-46% win means Joe....more like an absolute aggrandizement. As I posted elsewhere, in the wake of the failed Bush administration, no Republican candidate could have won against BHO....but Democrats want to believe that the Yellow Brick Road they've been promised is real, and that's okay....but to keep railing about how Republicans are in abject denial about McCain's defeat being an "absolute repudiation" of the direction of the Republican party is like using pink smoke to cover a full retreat: it gets your attention but it ain't gonna do the job.

You guys get your panties in a knot whenever someone wants to touch our precious 2nd amendment but stay strangely silent when other amendments are trampled under foot. Now, why is that....?

Would it be fair to say that the MAJORITY of discussions that occur on RTF that could be remotely connected to constitutional amendments would involve the 1st and "our precious 2nd" amendments? If one of the other 25 were up for discussion I'm sure some folks here would saddle up and start the rodeo. While we're at it, for my money, I'd like to see section 4 of the 14th amendment repealed, the 16th amendment rewritten in toto, and the 22nd ammendment rewritten to include members of the Senate. If we really pushed it, I'm sure we could provoke some heady discussion of the 4th, 8th, 9th, and 10th amendments as well...but since the core/root/heart of this website involves firearms (2nd) and the ability to discuss (1st) the sport we love that utilizes same, here we are.

You guys have all the right answers, that is why you won the election...oh, wait...

Joe, I gotta level with ya....this is the sort of sophomoric sarcasm that I'd expect from any number of folks that wear the "yellow dog Democrat" label before I'd expect to hear it from you....:( .....especially AFTER the election. Sure, this thread has become increasingly...how should I say...contentious....but still, one of the things that makes you you is your ability to stay above the fray, regardless of who tries to pull you into it.

Yes, the glass is half-full, but it's gonna take awhile before BHO is going to be able to convince that 46%-48% that DIDN'T vote for him that it's safe to drink. That shouldn't surprise you. Just remember that pouring it down someone's throat won't work as well as leaving the glass on the table for them to drink at their leisure. All of the "change" that has been promised is going to take awhile to take effect AND be bought into. That folks doubt all the promises that were made to get BHO elected should surprise no one.

Be patient regards,

kg

Marvin S
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Keith has fairly well debunked your analysis, but I would like to add a few one liners. :o

You guys on the right fail to realize times change and, you either have to adjust to them or, like the dinosaurs, be doomed by them.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

largely well off,

Guess how they got there, they actually worked for it!!!!! How wealthy was LBJ when he retired, not bad for someone originally a teacher, who had neither pot nor window when he started. & the Clinton's, a 28K a year Gov with a wife getting gratuities, now maintaining a $2.5 million residence in NY.

and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated.

I'd really like to see the source of that poll, you do realize that the base of your party is more than college profs & teachers?

It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America.

& those issues are? I believe we have articulated conservative principles on other threads without the slighest whimper or dispute from your side of the aisle. They haven't been used in years so no one knows it they are valid issues.

You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life.

I answered you about Chambliss & his conservative principles on another thread, you failed to reply though I'm sure you read my post.

Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party .

The election loss can be attributed to the allies your party has - mainly the mainstream media & their non-stop barrage of vitriol about the Bush Administration. I ask you this, What will your party do when they have to run on their record? It's your ball of wax now, you've lit the candle, now produce or it will be a short reign.

why is it that the 2nd means more to you than the 4th, for example?

In oppressed nations individuals have no guns, they have no property rights & they have little freedom of expression because they have no guns to back up their rights. Sounds important to me to have guns.

You will have to fill me in on the 4th, I don't know all the numbers of rights I believe we have. Just one of those uneducated voters, Regards

Hew
11-23-2008, 02:47 AM
One nanny state liberal hack is defeated by an even bigger nanny state liberal hack in an internecine war of democrat special interest groups (Big Labor vs. Big Bunny Humpers).

If I can take the liberty of messing w/ your quote, Joe:

The point remains -- David Duke replacing the Chairman of the US Civil Rights Commission is an UNKNOWN for civil rights organizations. And Marvin is wrong, we now have to wait and see what emanates from Duke's commission because, as rational adults, we can't tell what the future holds.

Ingnoring the as yet unknow facts isn't difficult if you have an open mind.

I'd contend the above isn't any less <<gulp>> shill-like than the original.

To borrow another quote from "The Outlaw Josie Wales:"
"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Joe S.
11-23-2008, 07:41 AM
There won't be an independent candidate pulling votes from Chambliss in the runoff, Joe. Care to make a wager on the outcome??? :D

Sure, I'll take Martin and 3 points! ;-) Kidding about the points but I'll take Martin for a dinner. We'll make a joint decision on the wine...:cool:

We (you and I) have touched on this before, but "absolute repudiation" is hardly what a 52%-54% to 48%-46% win means Joe....

Yeah, I know. I'm just using words designed to inflame the other side. Is it working?;-) I get tired of reading the inflammatory words posted by others and thought I'd return a volley of my own. Not really my style but...see your next comment...

Joe, I gotta level with ya....this is the sort of sophomoric sarcasm that I'd expect from any number of folks that wear the "yellow dog Democrat" label before I'd expect to hear it from you....:( .....especially AFTER the election. Sure, this thread has become increasingly...how should I say...contentious....but still, one of the things that makes you you is your ability to stay above the fray, regardless of who tries to pull you into it.

Ah, we have been friends too long, Keith. You know me too well. I allowed myself to get pulled in and I rolled around in it, too...I'll try and do better in the future. On the plus side, Keith, I am so pleased you didn't use irregardless...;-)

Yes, the glass is half-full, but it's gonna take awhile before BHO is going to be able to convince that 46%-48% that DIDN'T vote for him that it's safe to drink. That shouldn't surprise you. Just remember that pouring it down someone's throat won't work as well as leaving the glass on the table for them to drink at their leisure. All of the "change" that has been promised is going to take awhile to take effect AND be bought into. That folks doubt all the promises that were made to get BHO elected should surprise no one.

You are right, it is going to take awhile. The problem will be compounded by a bunch of sky-is-falling chicken littles nipping at his heels on every move like a bunch of rat terriers. President Bush got room to operate until he got off the rails, President-elect Obama should get the same thing.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, KG. I'll try and do better in the future.

Looking Forward To Dinner Regardless Of Who Picks Up The Tab Regards,

Joe S.

Joe S.
11-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I answered you about Chambliss & his conservative principles on another thread, you failed to reply though I'm sure you read my post.

Sure I read it, Marv. I was talking about conservatives that lost their seat and you posted a list that had 6 or 7 that weren't even running for re-election this time. Of the ones that were running, 2 or 3 lost their seat and your poster boy for the conservative wing of the republican party, Senator Chambliss, is fighting for his political life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112002959.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Here is a piece in the Washington Post written by a black, female Republican about what is wrong with the Republican party from her perspective. It is an educational read to be sure. You may have a difficult time with it because it tells the type of truth you seem to have a difficult time hearing, but I'd encourage you to read it just the same.

It's just another Helpy Helperson moment from me to you, Marv. You can thank me later.

Helpful Regards,

Helpy Helperson

Bob Gutermuth
11-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I think the GOP appeals to mainstream America far more than some of you will admit. The Dems have found it necessary to enfranchise felons, illegal aliens and to register the same voter 73 times to find enough people willing to buy into their message.

Joe S.
11-23-2008, 08:04 AM
I think the GOP appeals to mainstream America far more than some of you will admit. The Dems have found it necessary to enfranchise felons, illegal aliens and to register the same voter 73 times to find enough people willing to buy into their message.

Perfect example of my point, Bob, thanks for making it for me.

According to the Right Wing of the Republican Party, the problem COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE the ulta-narrow focus of party politics or direction, it HAS TO BE that the Democrats are cheating.

Not Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.

Gun_Dog2002
11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I find it interesting that all I hear now is how the country is tired of conservatives and the blowout election proved that. I thought the actuall vote was pretty much even steven....?

/Paul

JS
11-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I find it interesting that all I hear now is how the country is tired of conservatives and the blowout election proved that. I thought the actuall vote was pretty much even steven....?

/Paul

In football 3 or 4 points is a close game. Historically, in elections, it's a landslide! :)

JS

Hoosier
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
The next 4 years will be spent getting more and more people dependent on government. This will grow the base for the democrats, and make it much tougher for a personal responsibility candidate to get elected in 2012. The vote they targeted this year and will continue are people with a "Learned Helplessness" disorder. Maybe this disorder should in itself be a reason for public assistance.

Marvin S
11-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Sure I read it, Marv. I was talking about conservatives that lost their seat and you posted a list that had 6 or 7 that weren't even running for re-election this time. Of the ones that were running, 2 or 3 lost their seat and your poster boy for the conservative wing of the republican party, Senator Chambliss, is fighting for his political life.

From your point of reference you may consider him conservative, he is not from my vantage point. The list was posted as a testimonial to those who practice conservative spending principles, nothing more.

Here is a piece in the Washington Post written by a black, female Republican about what is wrong with the Republican party from her perspective. It is an educational read to be sure. You may have a difficult time with it because it tells the type of truth you seem to have a difficult time hearing, but I'd encourage you to read it just the same.

You will find little disagreement from what she has posted on my part. I accept people who work into my circle of friends regardless of the color of their skin. As an individual I have walked the walk, so to speak. It only means something to me because I know I did the right thing. I won't bore you with those acts that I personally consider significant, at the time I was not thinking of anything but seeing that someone got a fair shake.

Now, let's get down to facts - The Prez that you so thoroughly dislike has had Condoleeza Rice in his Admin since Day 1, Colin Powell was his SoS & performed tolerably, certainly no George Schultz, a black Education Secretary, Gutterriez at Commerce & Alberto Gonzales was his Atty General. Before you start criticizing just remember, they were given the opportunity, how well they did history will judge. IMO their performance was slightly above average.

Let's look at the incoming Admin -0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected (as shown on 60 minutes), 1 black, 1 hispanic (both holdovers from the clinton days) - Where's the change?

I also notice most black athletes have white agents, why's that?

But the thing that struck me as most significant was some thing I read in "Freakonomics" (on the recommendation of a lady board member), the author of a study went into the ghetto to get some data, the place was fairly well abandoned, he managed to find some individuals playing a game on a 6th floor stairwell. While he feared for his life (unfamiliar surroundings), the thing that struck me as most significant was when the unofficial leader of the gang (at that time) grabbed the clipboard from him & could not read what was on the board. Does that strike you as a failure on someone's part? It does me, No one in this great country of ours should be unable to read, it's the key to getting ahead. & the language used is ENGLISH, Tell that to the educators? that want to keep the 2nd language thing going.

Where do all the D politicians send their children, not public schools though they force others to stay there. No for their children it's off to the Quaker schools. Nothing but the best for the elite!

But I could go on forever to no avail. Your party is lying to it's constituents & eventually that message will get out.

It's just another Helpy Helperson moment from me to you, Marv. You can thank me later.

It's actually more helpful if you answer my posts rather than twisting things to suit your philosophy. & Joe, do your own thinking, most of the Conservatives you so thoroughly dislike seem to be able to hold their own in that regard.

Joe S.
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Let's look at the incoming Admin -0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected (as shown on 60 minutes), 1 black, 1 hispanic (both holdovers from the clinton days) - Where's the change?

Marv, what do you mean by "0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected?"

Before you get your panties too knoted up over the lack of diversity in the Obama Administration, I'd suggest you wait for him to be sworn in and fill out all the positions. You might consider these guys as a start: Eric Holder is going to be AG and he is black. Bill Richardson is going to Commerce and he is hispanic. His CoS is hispanic.

Have you tried asking a black athlete?

But the thing that struck me as most significant was some thing I read in "Freakonomics" (on the recommendation of a lady board member), the author of a study went into the ghetto to get some data, the place was fairly well abandoned, he managed to find some individuals playing a game on a 6th floor stairwell. While he feared for his life (unfamiliar surroundings), the thing that struck me as most significant was when the unofficial leader of the gang (at that time) grabbed the clipboard from him & could not read what was on the board. Does that strike you as a failure on someone's part? It does me, No one in this great country of ours should be unable to read, it's the key to getting ahead. & the language used is ENGLISH, Tell that to the educators? that want to keep the 2nd language thing going.

Good book. Who would have thought that sumo wrestlers and teacher both cheat. Amazing.

Where do all the D politicians send their children, not public schools though they force others to stay there. No for their children it's off to the Quaker schools. Nothing but the best for the elite!

Please tell me you aren't naive enough to think that the Republicans who live in the District send their children to the D.C. Public Schools?

Still Not Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.

Marvin S
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM

But I could go on forever to no avail. Your party is lying to it's constituents & eventually that message will get out.

Marv, what do you mean by "0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected?"

They were on '60 Minutes" getting the pub.

Before you get your panties too knoted up over the lack of diversity in the Obama Administration, I'd suggest you wait for him to be sworn in and fill out all the positions. You might consider these guys as a start: Eric Holder is going to be AG and he is black. Bill Richardson is going to Commerce and he is hispanic. His CoS is hispanic.

The Black & Hispanic in my original post were Holder & Richardson, both Clinton recycles.

Please tell me you aren't naive enough to think that the Republicans who live in the District send their children to the D.C. Public Schools? Joe S.

My comment was to arouse your sensibilities to the fact that a key constituency of your party is opposed to both vouchers & charter schools so your party in lock step opposes those efforts. You then try to switch the argument to well you guys do it, but you forget the fact that you spend a lot of time emphasizing, the Repub's are all Old white men. Their children are mostly beyond public school age, but Thank You for the effort.

Do you have an issue with getting outside your sandbox - Regards.

JS
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Have you tried asking a black athlete?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K G
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, at least the minority party will be heard for the next 2 years: Saxby Chambliss won the runoff for his Georgia senate seat....

Too close for comfort regards,

kg

Joe S.
12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, at least the minority party will be heard for the next 2 years: Saxby Chambliss won the runoff for his Georgia senate seat....

Too close for comfort regards,

kg

I'm actually glad to see that win, KG.

Fair And Balanced Regards,

Joe S.

K G
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
your very own conservative icon (Chambliss) in GA is fighting for his life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K G
Sure, I'll take Martin and 3 points! ;-) Kidding about the points but I'll take Martin for a dinner. We'll make a joint decision on the wine...:cool:

I told someone recently that I'm not a bettor, but I'm gonna collect on this one someday, Yosef! :)

kg

Captain Mike D
12-03-2008, 03:26 PM
I told someone recently that I'm not a bettor, but I'm gonna collect on this one someday, Yosef! :)

kg

Whooomp!! And the mushroom cloud rises in the distance. All the little people gather round and look to the horizon and someone says "Oh My, somebody just got nuked!".

Good on you KG

Mike

Joe S.
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Whooomp!! And the mushroom cloud rises in the distance. All the little people gather round and look to the horizon and someone says "Oh My, somebody just got nuked!".

Good on you KG

Mike

You feel better now, Mike?

IF you knew half the content of the PMs Keith and I have exchanged over the last several years on a wide range of subjects you would know having dinner together is an item long discussed...

Pity Filled Regards,

Joe S.