PDA

View Full Version : Gun safe recommendations

David Maddox
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Looking for a good safe in the $300-$500 price range. I have been looking at the Sentry safe with the keypad that Academy sells for $359

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Golddogs
12-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Looking for a good safe in the $300-$500 price range. I have been looking at the Sentry safe with the keypad that Academy sells for $359

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Own Liberty from Gander. Touch pad and 45 minute fire rating. Good sales you can get a 20 gun safe for around 600. Sentry is not my 1st choice. Smaller Liberty's are a bit less.

GulfCoast
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I have had 2 Liberty's and been very happy. Buy a bigger safe than you need. Trust me.

msdaisey
12-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Just got a Liberty 50 Lincoln series that was scratched - they knocked off a grand!!!

Great product - and really fun to get into the house at 1600 pounds. :)

jefflab5
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I have a Browning safe. Very pricey, but it's like a piece of furniture. It holds my guns plus important documents. I have the touch pad on mine. I strongly recommend the touch pad versus the traditional tumbler style. When you are looking at them, just try to open the tumbler quickly. I just tried to envision myself at night having to get to the guns quickly.

I also like the lock out feature the key pad has. You can set it to lock you out for up to thirty minutes after so many tries.

John Kelder
12-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Liberty with touch pad here. Touch pad became the choice when a friend's wife took the divorce news badly and went to the tumblers and the guns sold in town at steep discount .He couldn't change the combo like with a keypad .

TexasEd
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
My wife got me the model you listed in the original post back in September. I really like it.

It was confusing to set up at first because the shelf sits lower than the top of the shotgun barrels. There is a gap on the back of the shelf so you can angle your shotguns in and put them in the back behind the gap.

It holds about 4 shotguns and 4 rifles pretty easily. I would get this model again but if I had more guns it would be bigger.

Chance Raehn
01-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I have a Liberty safe, Franklin series and am very happy with it. I agree with an earlier post that you should buy bigger than you think.