PDA

View Full Version : AKC Hunt test interest in Central Wisconsin

Kevin WI
12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
The Central Wisconsin Muddy Waters Retriever Club (currently an AKC field trial club) has a small group of members interested in holding AKC hunt tests.
We are currently in the discussion phase to see if there is enough interest from people wanting to see a test held in the area. The club has stated that if we can get enough support, they would entertain the idea further.

We are obviously looking for people not only interested in running their dogs, but also helping at the hunt and/or joining the club. (the closer to the area the better, but any support is welcomed)
If this is something that would interest you or you know people that may have an interest, please send me an email at flowageboy at charter.net along with your name, address, phone, years of AKC HT experience (titles earned, judging exp. etc) and what type of support you'd be willing to offer if any. (including serving on the HT committee if that's what you'd want to do)

As I said, this is just in the discussion phase right now...after we compile the info, we will present the proposal to the board sometime in January. If after that, there is enough interest and get the approval of the board to proceed further, we will then start with the AKC application process.

Thanks,

Kevin

Golddogs
12-18-2008, 07:02 PM
The Central Wisconsin Muddy Waters Retriever Club (currently an AKC field trial club) has a small group of members interested in holding AKC hunt tests.
We are currently in the discussion phase to see if there is enough interest from people wanting to see a test held in the area. The club has stated that if we can get enough support, they would entertain the idea further.

We are obviously looking for people not only interested in running their dogs, but also helping at the hunt and/or joining the club. (the closer to the area the better, but any support is welcomed)
If this is something that would interest you or you know people that may have an interest, please send me an email at flowageboy at charter.net along with your name, address, phone, years of AKC HT experience (titles earned, judging exp. etc) and what type of support you'd be willing to offer if any. (including serving on the HT committee if that's what you'd want to do)

As I said, this is just in the discussion phase right now...after we compile the info, we will present the proposal to the board sometime in January. If after that, there is enough interest and get the approval of the board to proceed further, we will then start with the AKC application process.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, I would encourage you to check open dates or non-conflicting weekends of current Wisc and Mn clubs. Because of the addition of several clubs running HT's in the past few years, weekend numbers have been down and it has been harder to show some operating profit. In Mn/Western Wisc, there are tests every weekend beginning on the 25th of April.

Kevin WI
12-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Already did that. Thanks....maybe one answer would be for clubs to only hold one HT per year instead of two???? just a thought.