PDA

View Full Version : Load Of Bulls>>t!!!!!!

Jerry
12-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Our elected Senators and congressmen are adamant in telling us we should cut back.

I;m pretty sure they just voted to give a $4700/year salary increase to their very OWNSELVES!!!!!!!!

Think we could vote to give all of them a one year UNPAID Leave Of Absence??????

Jerry

Greg E
12-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Jerry, the way things are going this doesn't even baffle me. So many unbelievable things in such a short period of time. Really makes you wonder if the "Chosen One" or anyone else will ever put a stop to this crazy spending. If the American people were actually capable, we should run every politician out of Washington and start over. Maybe with business men and women that actually know how to run a business. These politicians obviousley don't

Patrick Johndrow
12-20-2008, 03:56 PM
We could use the Potomac River

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror

subroc
12-20-2008, 04:23 PM
:D Chuckling :D

http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm (http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm)

Well congress has a what, 20 some odd percent approval rating but it appears they know that it doesn’t mean anything.

Look at how many incumbents were re-elected.

So, congress is doing a lousy job but it is all the other congressmen, congresswoman and senators from all the other states other than any incumbent that you (the you meaning anyone that voted an incumbent in) may have re-elected.

I read an article during the election about this. While congress had this anemic approval rating, a similar poll asked about peoples own representatives and many were generally pretty happy with their own representation. I guess people view it as my scoundrel, or in this case bad representation, right or wrong.

BTW, I am not all that worked up over the $4700.00.

I just wish they wouldn’t spend money like drunken sailors (apologies to all drunken sailors).

badbullgator
12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
:D Chuckling :D

Well congress has a what, 20 some odd percent approval rating but it appears they know that it doesn’t mean anything.

Look at how many incumbents were re-elected.

So, congress is doing a lousy job but it is all the other congressmen, congresswoman and senators from all the other states other than any incumbent that you (the you meaning anyone that voted an incumbent in) may have re-elected.

I read an article during the election about this. While congress had this anemic approval rating, a similar poll asked about peoples own representatives and many were generally pretty happy with their own representation. I guess people view it as my scoundrel, or in this case bad representation, right or wrong.

BTW, I am not all that worked up over the $4700.00.

I just wish they wouldn’t spend money like drunken sailors (apologies to all drunken sailors).

That pretty well sums it up...your guy sucks and mine does not

mjh345
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Our elected Senators and congressmen are adamant in telling us we should cut back.

I;m pretty sure they just voted to give a $4700/year salary increase to their very OWNSELVES!!!!!!!!

Think we could vote to give all of them a one year UNPAID Leave Of Absence??????

Jerry

I'm not nearly as concerned about the above board reported $4700 raise as I am about the under the table bribes, sweetheart deals, favors etc they are recieving from lobbyists and other influence peddlers.

I suspect that for the vast majority of congressmen the reported $4700 is dwarfed by the unreported and unknown largesse from the various influence peddlers

Jerry
12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
The point is the fact that you or I can't take a vote & tell our Boss, or in my case SS, that we gave ourselves a raise.

Don't you think that those of us who PAY their salary should have a little say in what they do without having to wait for the next election???

Jerry

WRL
12-24-2008, 08:35 AM
The point is the fact that you or I can't take a vote & tell our Boss, or in my case SS, that we gave ourselves a raise.

Don't you think that those of us who PAY their salary should have a little say in what they do without having to wait for the next election???

Jerry

Why yes I do, but please stop trying to be logical. It has no place in politics.

WRL

SueLab
12-26-2008, 12:35 PM
The solution is:

Vote out all incumbants each election! I do think that after one or two such elections, the politicians might get the idea...

Forget party because, in reality, there is very little difference.

Change was the topic for this election - the "new cabinet" is just more of the same! It really didn't make much difference who was elected...

Richard Halstead
12-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I would think it a big step forward if the Senate and House vote on a Bill for it's merits not having to bribe others through the attached pork bribing for more pro votes.

Pork the other Senate misappropriation.