PDA

View Full Version : La. AKC tests/EE

david gibson
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
looking through EE i only see an AKC test 3/21 and 3/22 by Shreveport-Bossier Retriever Club.

are there really no other spring AKC tests in LA? or just not up on EE yet maybe?

Ricky Elston
01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Pontchatrain HRC holds one in Feb or March I believe and also in Sept. or Oct.

TN_LAB
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Looks like Louisiana has a fair amount of HRC clubs rather than AKC. Seems I noticed a few HRC hunt tests last spring. Even so, I didn't see a lot of HRC hunt tests scheduled for 2009 yet.

South La
Amite River
Acadiana
Port Arthur
Cajun Riviera
Ponchartrain
S-Port/Bossier City

Eric Johnson
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Chances are, they aren't finalized. Look at 1/1/08 through 5/31/08....spring of last year. Most clubs will hold the 2009 events the same w/e as the 2008 events.

Eric

GulfCoast
01-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Ponchartrains is not final yet. Hang loose! ;-)

Kenmc
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Right now there are only 3 clubs in Louisiana that hold AKC hunt tests, Shreveport, Lake Charles and Pontchartrain. Lake Charles usually has their's in May.

david gibson
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Ponchartrains is not final yet. Hang loose! ;-)

fingers crossed mainly for lake Charles/lafayette areas, but if the test i need is on a saturday then i could maybe make it to Baton rouge or a bit beyond

thanks Ken, thats what i needed .....

C Fontenot
01-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Lake Charles currently planning its spring 2009 AKC hunt. It will probably be the 1st weekend in May. We will have double Junior/ Senior( Sat and Sun) and Master. Premium and approval should be complete soon.

Franco
01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Cajun Riviera is working on putting together an AKC Hunt Test Committee. We would like to host one late this Spring or by next Fall, hosting two per year. When finalized, they will be held at the Lebeau Trial Grounds in Whiteville, just north of Opelousas, La. Event will be on Entry Express when finalized.

We have also added a Derby and Qualifying to our March 2009 trial.

Jay Dufour
01-13-2009, 03:21 PM
thats nice to know Franco !

rsfavor
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Here's the new website for the Pontchartrain Hunting Retriever Club. Dates for the tests are listed here.

http://pontchartrainhrc.com/

david gibson
01-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Here's the new website for the Pontchartrain Hunting Retriever Club. Dates for the tests are listed here.

http://pontchartrainhrc.com/

3-day AKC Hunt Test event?? ;)

Can you tell us what levels are being run on which days?

david gibson
01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Lake Charles currently planning its spring 2009 AKC hunt. It will probably be the 1st weekend in May. We will have double Junior/ Senior( Sat and Sun) and Master. Premium and approval should be complete soon.

2nd weekend would be better - Heart of Texas is May 2 and 3 also - equidistant for houston areas folks.;)

hmmmm.....place to stay free in texas vs cajun cookin' and hospitality....tough decision!

Eric Johnson
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
David-

Usually a 3 day AKC event means that they run Master on Fri-Sun and a Senior/Junior on both Sat and Sun. Master will start on Friday because they are either having a double Master so one will run Fri-Sat and the second one will run Sat-Sun. The other alternative is that the club's experience is that they'll have a large entry and don't wish to divide it into flights.

That's usually...

Eric

Eric Johnson
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
What happened to the NE Louisiana Club that used to hold events near Columbia?

Eric

Franco
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
We moved the club closer to the action and changed the name, from Ouachita to Cajun Riviera. Plus, the trail grounds near Columbia were marginal at best and now we have 640 acres of private land that was developed especially for retriever work. Also, motel and dining accomodations are much, much better now.

Mark Sehon
01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Frank, I think Eric is talking about and AKC Hunt Test Club. I ran some hunt test their years ago. A guy by the name of Sam ran the club. Bred choco dogs. I believe his kennel name was somthing like Beowolf(sp?) kennels.

KNorman
01-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Mark,

I believe you're thinking of Sam and Cathy Seay who owned Bouef River Kennels around Columbia, La.

They were active with both AKC and HRC in that area, although i think they mostly ran and belonged to AKC stuff.

They are Maya's breeders.

Sam died a few years ago from Lou Gehrig's disease. I do not know about Cathy, but they still have a website up.

Eric Johnson
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM
That's the club. Sam trained them and Cathy seemed to be in charge of raising them....and carrying his chair to the line. I knew he had a chronic diease but didn't know it was Lou Gehrig's. I judged for them in 2004...spring I think. Sad outcome.

Eric

Franco
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Didn't know there was another club up there.

Mark, remember the last trail we ran in Columbia? The one with the big Hip Hop Party that spilled over into the motel parking lot? When Mark Smith saved Jimmy's life? I stayed up all night watching my truck and dog with a 9mm in my hand. I said when leaving that would be the last trial I'd ever run in that part of the woods!

Mark Sehon
01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Frank, that was in Lake Providence. We all slept w/ guns in hand that night. Hip hop, Tarzan movie ? They tried to have sex on my truck. They thought the dog trucks were drug dogs!! The cops were taking money at the door and they were smoking weed inside and outside.

KNorman
01-14-2009, 05:10 PM
In Lake Providence??? What a suprise!!!! :rolleyes:

Worst construction jobs I ever completed (barely) were in that area. Try to find a worker, any worker in Lake P....sheesh....

If God was gonna give the world an enema, He'd probably think very hard about Lake Providence :D

david gibson
01-15-2009, 08:00 AM
That's the club. Sam trained them and Cathy seemed to be in charge of raising them....and carrying his chair to the line. I knew he had a chronic diease but didn't know it was Lou Gehrig's. I judged for them in 2004...spring I think. Sad outcome.

Eric

i knew the Seays years ago - they used to come and run hunt tests in southeast texas and i'd see them in La. too, they were quite a pair, as countryfied as you can get! Sam would handle the more senior dogs and Cathy handled young ones - sorry to hear about Sam, he was good people - low key, easy going and was a lot of fun to talk to.