PDA

View Full Version : POTUS elect named' gun salesman of the year'

Bob Gutermuth
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
An Unwanted Award for Big Brother: In recognition of the unprece­dented demand for firearms by nervous consumers, The Outdoor Wire has named President-elect Barack Obama its "Gun Salesman of the Year". For me, it was a simple fact of recognizing that without President-elect Obama's frightening consumers into action, the firearms industry might be suffering the same sort of business slumps that have befallen the automotive and housing industries. It's credit where credit is due. Mr. Obama has consistently voted against individual rights to firearms, appointed a re-tread Clinton administration full of gun banners, and made it plain to anti-gun groups that despite what he might say to the contrary, he's on their side That history, along with the unquestioned support of anti-gun organizations has spooked consumers into a buying frenzy for firearms that could be outlawed in another Assault Weapons Banů

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142480.asp (http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142480.asp)

paul young
01-15-2009, 10:27 AM
you guys have a forum for this crap. post it there, please.-Paul

Keith Stroyan
01-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree with Paul. Please move it to your "special place."

Steve Hester
01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't agree. I think this issue is relevant to the very existance of our sports with our dogs.

mildot1
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Don't like it, Dont read it.

paul young
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
if it was over on fearmongering place, i wouldn't even have to see it.........-Paul

john fallon
01-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't agree. I think this issue is relevant to the very existance of our sports with our dogs.

Would you mind elaborating as to why you see it that way?

john

YardleyLabs
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I enjoy political discussions and participate frequently in POTUS Place threads. However, I think the overwhelming majority have indicated repeatedly that they believe that the main forum should be restricted to dog related threads and non-political GDG. My own view is that both the training discussions and the political discussions have benefited from the separation. As much as some of us might want to enlighten our fellow enthusiasts, I believe that good manners require that we take our discussions out to the porch.

John Kelder
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
We have Gun Dogs . Hence , No Guns -- No Gun Dogs. This would be of interest to the vast majority of Gun Dog owners IMHO.
And we all "kinda " know one another here .Given the posters name and thread title should tell you if you want to open the thread or not . You saw it because you opened it .

Kinda like the old lady who called the cops because her neighbor was exposing himself . When the cop showed up , the guys house was a hundred yards away ,and the angle was tough besides .When the cop asked how did she know he was exposing himself , as he couldn't see into the guys house , she said "of course officer , you have to use the binoculars and stand on this step to see him " .

Steve Hester
01-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Would you mind elaborating as to why you see it that way?

john

You might have a hard time killing those birds with a sling shot!:rolleyes: