PDA

View Full Version : It's official Tax Cheat head of IRS

luvmylabs23139
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Geithner confirmed as treasury secretary despite tax woes.

Pathetic!!!!

K G
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
C'mon, guys....he simply didn't realize he hadn't paid the taxes.....:cool:

I suppose that the "I didn't realize..." defense will become more common now....:rolleyes:

kg

Julie R.
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not surprised the tax cheat was ushered through the confirmation process so easily after Hillary's nomination sailed through. Do a google search on the Clinton Foundation and the MILLIONS it received last year from several Middle Eastern nations. And we're supposed to believe that won't influence any policy decisions she might suggest to our woefully unprepared fearless leader?

You go Hillary!! Maybe one of their fat cat donors will invite her to go on a lyin' huntin' safari, I hear she bagged a trophy ditch tiger recently ;-)

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/LarkinHillaryAv.jpg

Goose
01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
What a great Cabinet the President now has. Cheats, bums and lots of arrogance.

Pete
01-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Its a no brainer we have been in bed with our enemies for the last 20 years or more,,, the only difference is we don't hide it any more. We flagrently publisize it.

There are n't any politicians out there that put the american public first.
There mostly scraps of garbage in a pretty wrapper with a bow.
Pete

txbadger
01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
They will continue to do what they want until We don't let them. If you disagree, as I do, with this appoinment I'd hope you contact your Reps.

This new Sect of T, head of the IRS, is not only a tax cheat but helped craft the TARP program. Where has the $350 billion gone???? right ... nobody knows, only the Shadow.

kjrice
01-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess that is change I can believe in.

helencalif
01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Did anyone hear this SPIN on television last night?

"... he was confirmed despite allegations that he was late on paying his taxes."

Late on paying his taxes?

I watched the hearings. They were disturbing. Democrats: He is so intelligent, he is the only one for the job. He's the one the President has chosen. To use a current phrase, the Democrats were slobbering over him.

He cheated on his taxes (expensive summer camp deducted as child care costs). He didn't pay his taxes when due. He didn't pay until the IRS contacted him, and then he did not pay all the back taxes. He paid those only when he was chosen by Obama and his team.

He said he made commonly made "mistakes". Democrats said it was a mistake many others have made. Problem is, research showed that only ONE person failed to pay their taxes. He received constant reminders in writing by the firm he worked for that he was liable to pay the tax. How could he testify at his hearing that he forgot and he made a common mistake?

The guy may be smart, but he is also a cheater and a tax evader. And isn't that what got Al Capone -- income tax evasion?

M Remington
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
You'll get no argument from me. Also, I am not happy that he relaxed his ethics rules to nominate his deputy secretary of defense.

Patrick Johndrow
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
he relaxed his ethics rules

Now that's rich :)

cotts135
01-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah this kind of stuff is endemic to the Political Arena. It matters little what party their from, this stuff is wrong and until we do as TXBADGER says and contact our reps telling them it is wrong then all we can hope for is the status quo.

Lush Lumbago
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Leona Helmsley went to jail only when she opened her fat mouth and told the Big Truth, "Rich prople don't pay taxes, taxes are for little people." Until then she wasn't even on the radar screen.