PDA

View Full Version : Well here's one difference between Obama and Bush

Mike W.
02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Anyone notice the difference in how the two Presidents close a formal press conference?

Bush: "Thank you and God Bless America"

Obama: "OK, thanks guys."

The Audacity of Bullshit

Franco
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
There was NO substance in his sales pitch tonight on National TV.PITIFUL

M Remington
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
I find it kind of refreshing to have a president who doesn't thump the Bible. Obviously most of America did, too, on November 4.

YardleyLabs
02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
For what it's worth, Obama ended his town meeting this afternoon saying "God bless you. God bless America." I will admit that I have little respect for those who feel compelled to advertise their religion with constant professions of belief. If it doesn't show in your actions, it's not worth the time of day.

Gun_Dog2002
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I find it kind of refreshing to have a president who doesn't thump the Bible. Obviously most of America did, too, on November 4.

Yep, he thumped his chest, made it clear its not his fault if it fails and basically threw out partison politics. Oh he feigned it, but then he said it won't matter, the dems control things and it will pass. Interesting how he spent an hour and didn't say anything. We clearly have no plan for Iran or Afghanistan and oh and I love how he took credit for the "stable political ground" in Iraq. Way to go BO......

Oh we should fire bad teachers...

/Paul

Cody Covey
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
how exactly did bush bible thump did he ever say anything about the bible and how we should all convert to a religion? Or did he stick with his morals that may or may not have been influence by the bible?

But then again as i post this i realize that Im responding to something Remington said so i wont get a reply back....Jeff please take over

backpasture
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff350/backpasture/cry_baby.jpg

Matt McKenzie
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM

You just went full retard. Never go full retard.

M Remington
02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
The American public is tired of the religious right. They are more concerned with petty moral issues than they are with pressing problems. That's one of the main reasons Barack Obama won. While I attend church, I find the American Taliban (the religious right) quite frightening.

Gun_Dog2002
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
The American public is tired of the religious right. They are more concerned with petty moral issues than they are with pressing problems. That's one of the main reasons Barack Obama won. While I attend church, I find the American Taliban (the religious right) quite frightening.

Who says the american public is tired of the religious right? The pagans? and oh by the way its those petty little people in conservative america that he used and abused tonight in his speach, the ones you are so sick of. I can only image what it must be like to go to a church that doesn't follow bible principles and feeds its people sugar water while tickling their ears. Lets not confuse right and wrong with want and desire....

http://www.smartfellowspress.com/smokinggun/Thinki43.jpg

Cody Covey
02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
petty moral issues...ha. you are one of those hypocritical people that go to church to say you sit in a pew then have no regard for anything taught in the bible or its message aren't you? There is no such thing as a petty moral issue. Why would one give into something he doesn't believe is right for him or the country as a whole. Because a few dont like it? Isn't all that Obama ran on a "petty moral issue". People are to lazy to work and they are poor but they deserve all these handouts / bailouts. People who don't pay taxes get tax breaks while the ones that pay taxes get tax hikes. These are the lefts "moral issues" and i don't agree with them does that mean that he shouldn't do it?

Mike W.
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
You mean morals as in paying your taxes? Like Daschle, Geithner, the other lady, and let's not forget Bill Richardson taking bribes. All in the period of 2 weeks!

K G
02-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Oh....those petty moral issues.....rather than the really important moral issues....hey Mark, how about listing the moral issues you find petty and those you find important?

True colors regards,

kg

DSO
02-10-2009, 12:22 AM

With that avatar you find the religious right "quite frightening". Uh... OK
:shock::shock::shock:

Danny