PDA

View Full Version : Sportdog 1800 vs. TT G3

blklabluvr
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I am looking at purchasing one of these models and would appreciate some feedback if anyone has experience with them.

I do like the fact that the SD has a rechargable transmitter as well as receiver. This will be my first e-collar purchase and plan on following the Hillman DVD. I've watched half of the movie so far but I noticed the differences in how the collar is introduced by his methods vs. a few other books which show the introduction in later stages of development.

Thanks!

mjh345
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
TT= Quality

Sportdog= less than quality from my experience

John Lash
02-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I am looking at purchasing one of these models and would appreciate some feedback if anyone has experience with them.

I do like the fact that the SD has a rechargable transmitter as well as receiver. This will be my first e-collar purchase and plan on following the Hillman DVD. I've watched half of the movie so far but I noticed the differences in how the collar is introduced by his methods vs. a few other books which show the introduction in later stages of development.

Thanks!

TT's transmitter and receiver is rechargeable too. I vote TT...

John Lash

blklabluvr
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for that info John, I happened to re-read that last night and did notice it included both as rechargable.

The only other compelling reason I could see would be the lifetime limited warranty with SD. Yet I understand you will still have to pay a deductible.

I hear a lot about TT but I wasn't sure if that's because it's possibly just sold more or the craftsmanship behind it is superior. If it's the later, I would decide on the TT for the longer lasting quality.

labhauler
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
There have been many, many threads on this topic and 99.9999999% of the forum members all come down on the side of TT- for a simple reason or 2 - they work as they are supposed to, are waterproof, etc etc The warranty is way better - my collar needed work last year and was still within the 2 year warranty - they even told me that when I called to discuss what was wrong with my collars ( new batteries).
Dont be cheap when it comes to collars - go with the best.

Txcutter2
02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I've had sport dog and TT now and I just love my Pro 500 I bought a couple of months ago. So if I had to give my opinion I'd tell you to go with the TT.

Steve Hester
02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
The quality of TT is superior, made in America.

blklabluvr
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I decided with the G3 Combo TT, should be here any day now. Thanks for everyone's feedback.