PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi favors criminal prosecutions for Bush Admin lawbreakers

cotts135
02-26-2009, 07:07 AM
House speaker Nancy Pelosi in an interview with Rachel Maddow has stated she would rather see criminal prosecutions for Bush administration lawbreakers than a Truth commission like the one proposed in the Senate by Sen Leahy and Sen Whitehouse .
I think this is a step in the right direction and is important because the American people should know just how we were represented while Bush was president. Let the Judicial system handle this and see where the chips fall.

Matt McKenzie
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
And that will affect the country positively in what way?

Patrick Johndrow
02-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Nancy Pelosi is a nut

road kill
02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
House speaker Nancy Pelosi in an interview with Rachel Maddow has stated she would rather see criminal prosecutions for Bush administration lawbreakers than a Truth commission like the one proposed in the Senate by Sen Leahy and Sen Whitehouse .
I think this is a step in the right direction and is important because the American people should know just how we were represented while Bush was president. Let the Judicial system handle this and see where the chips fall.
And when you find out there were no "criminal acts" committed, will you want the judicial syatem investigated??

brlcon1
02-26-2009, 08:41 AM
While watching pres brobama's speech the other night , everytime she stood up to cheerlead , I wished I had my collar on her to give her a continuos 10 !

cotts135
02-26-2009, 08:43 AM
And that will affect the country positively in what way?

Maybe it would send a message that the law applies equally to all people. Is that something bad?

road kill
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Maybe it would send a message that the law applies equally to all people. Is that something bad?
You mean like the TAX laws??

Matt McKenzie
02-26-2009, 08:55 AM

And do you truly believe that is the intent or that it will be the outcome?

badbullgator
02-26-2009, 08:57 AM

RK I like you :D:D:D You know tax laws only apply to non government officals (that is not just with the current admin either)

badbullgator
02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
And do you truly believe that is the intent or that it will be the outcome?

Hummmm, they use to call this, oh what was it.....which hunts or sticking it to those who oppose you.

Hew
02-26-2009, 09:22 AM
As Butch Cassidy would say, "that guy is good." :)

Cotts, I'm surprised that you didn't note the irony of Pelosi demanding that Bush and/or his flunkies be brought to justice when you have previously agreed that she's just as culpable as anyone else in the "illegal torture" of terrorists.

Well, that's a lie. I'm not really surprised.

Hew
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Hummmm, they use to call this, oh what was it.....which hunts or sticking it to those who oppose you.
Orwellian or Stalinesque political persecution both work for me.

Evan
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Maybe it would send a message that the law applies equally to all people. Is that something bad?That could be something good, as long as it applies to all public servants, regardless of whether they have an "R" or a "D" behind their names.

Evan

cotts135
02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Would any of you that favor not seeing Bush & C.O prosecuted feel the same way if we changed the name to Obama? If recent history is any indicator it would seem that not to be the case. The right was rabid to prosecute Clinton for lying to a Grand Jury. If it is found that their is enough evidence to suggest that the Bush Administration committed crimes far more serious in scope than Clinton's and you still feel that they shouldn't be prosecuted it would seem to me that their is a serious disconnect in your reasoning.

Bob Gutermuth
02-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Pelosi and Dingy Harry Reid need to be removed from their offices now before they and Comrade Obama bankrupt and ruin the nation.

cotts135
02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
As Butch Cassidy would say, "that guy is good." :)

Cotts, I'm surprised that you didn't note the irony of Pelosi demanding that Bush and/or his flunkies be brought to justice when you have previously agreed that she's just as culpable as anyone else in the "illegal torture" of terrorists.

Well, that's a lie. I'm not really surprised.

Still haven't changed my mind on that. If found to be culpable of any wrong doing then she should brought to justice like anyone else.
It is surprising though that she would bring this up when my personal opinion is that she is somehow involved.

Pete
02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
The obama admin just as well start with the obvious law breakers. Which are The people he continues to pick to help our country out of this mess
Just sayin

Cotts-- Are you in the last stages of macular degeneration? Or did somebody just let you out of the closet? Or maby both.

Pete

Matt McKenzie
02-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Still haven't changed my mind on that. If found to be culpable of any wrong doing then she should brought to justice like anyone else.
It is surprising though that she would bring this up when my personal opinion is that she is somehow involved.

Here's something we agree on. ALL of us should be accountable to the law of the land. What Nancy is doing is political grandstanding and is no less dispicable than the same tactics used by some on the right when it came to Bill Clinton.
If President Obama was serious about cleaning up government, he would start with ensuring that the recent group of folks (his nominees) who have been accused of tax evasion are treated exactly the same way as you or I would be under the same circumstances. He would publicly anounce it and follow through. He would follow through with Rangle, as well. He would fire Tim Geithner based on ethics concerns (You should never hire talent over character). After that, he could begin a move to procecute ALL elected officials on both sides of the aisle that have broken the law within the last 2 years. He would have my full support as well as that of the people. I think that our Congress could benefit from a "witch hunt" as long as it was bipartisan, out in the open, and actually held our elected officials to the laws that they have written.
But you and I don't live on a planet where that is a possiblity, so we'll have to live with idiots like Nancy prattle on about Bush's crimes and we have to deal with our President pissing down our backs and then telling us it's raining.

shootncast
02-26-2009, 10:34 AM
While watching pres brobama's speech the other night , everytime she stood up to cheerlead , I wished I had my collar on her to give her a continuos 10 !

President brobama?..your a real hilljack arent ya

toddh
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM

I think Biden tucked one up underneath her skirt as fast and as many times as she jumped up to clap her hands.

road kill
02-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I think Biden tucked one up underneath her skirt as fast and as many times as she jumped up to clap her hands.

That's a disgusting visual!!

toddh
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
That's a disgusting visual!!

I'm sure it was on "vibrate only" mode :mrgreen:

subroc
02-26-2009, 07:23 PM
As of right now, there is no crime. Anything that congress does would be a fishing expedition, nothing more. They have some right now in their own house and senate that have actually committed real crimes. Lets have congress work on cleaning up their own back yard before they try to manufacture crimes by using a fishing expedition that will turn out exactly like Scooter Libby. No real underlying crime was actually committed but in the investigation he didn’t remember everything that happened exactly as it happened.

It figures, lefties aren’t looking for justice, they just want to use the justice system to punish anyone that doesn’t agree with their extremist left wing ideology.

I am really starting to loathe the left.

Gun_Dog2002
02-26-2009, 09:47 PM
So how much money will be wasted trying to prosecute bush

/dog

cotts135
02-27-2009, 07:36 AM
As of right now, there is no crime.
Now what does that mean? There is reasonable believe that a crime may have been commited. That's why it needs to be investigated

Anything that congress does would be a fishing expedition, nothing more.

This is just a lame excuse to let lawbreakers get away with their crimes. It wouldn't matter which side was being investigated, the other side would say it's political.

They have some right now in their own house and senate that have actually committed real crimes.

Agreed, if there is reasonable evidence that a crime was committed then let's look into it.

Lets have congress work on cleaning up their own back yard before they try to manufacture crimes by using a fishing expedition that will turn out exactly like Scooter Libby. No real underlying crime was actually committed but in the investigation he didn’t remember everything that happened exactly as it happened.

In regards to the Scooter Libby matter the facts simply don't support your position here. He was convicted by a jury so apparently there was a real crime committed.

[QUOTE]It figures, lefties aren’t looking for justice, they just want to use the justice system to punish anyone that doesn’t agree with their extremist left wing ideology.

The extremist position here is the one that says we will not investigate or prosecute criminals. It should not matter who they are.

subroc
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
There is reasonable believe that a crime may have been commited.

What reasonable belief?

In regards to the Scooter Libby matter the facts simply don't support your position here. He was convicted by a jury so apparently there was a real crime committed.

He was convicted of a crime. A manufactured investigation of something that wasn't a crime is the entire reason of him being under oath in the first place. If not for the manufactured investigation, Scooter Libby would never have been convicted of the crime of a bad memory.

This is exactly what your fishing expedition is hoping to accomplish. Not looking for justice, just looking for a way to insult some from the opposition party while under oath and hoping they purjure themselves inadvertently while under oath.

Joe S.
02-27-2009, 08:47 AM
...before they try to manufacture crimes by using a fishing expedition that will turn out exactly like Scooter Libby. No real underlying crime was actually committed but in the investigation he didn’t remember everything that happened exactly as it happened.

That is the funniest thing I've read anywhere in some time. The saddest thing is that many really believe it.

As of right now, there is no PROOF of a crime. (Maybe that is why is was all done in SECRET...)

Interesting that this would be seen as a fishing expedition but the Whitewater Investigation was a search for the truth. I guess it all depends on the frame of reference.

I think it's like this: In the dimmly lit hours while getting ready to go hunting you step in a pile of dog crap. You know it. Your truck smells of it. Your shoes are full of it. Saying you didn't step in it won't make you able to deny it.

There are several options. These two jump immediately to mind:

1) Accept it happened. Clean it up. Decide to be more careful where you walk when you can't really see what is going on. Pay closer attention to where you dogs are doing what. Move forward.

OR

2) Get crap samples from all your dogs in an effort to fix blame for the crap pile understanding the whole time while doing this that you are still no closer to cleaning up the crap

Option 1 leads to a better place.

Option 2 leads to more of the same.

I'm for going to a better place.

It happened. Acknowledge it. See it for what is was. Fix it as best it can be fixed. Try not to repeat the same mistakes when we are attacked again and move forward...

Trying President Bush or whomever for whatever crimes that may or may not have happend won't solve a damn thing.

In The Land Of The Blind The One-Eyed Person Is King Regards,

Joe S.

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
It happened. Acknowledge it. See it for what is was. Fix it as best it can be fixed. Try not to repeat the same mistakes when we are attacked again and move forward...

Trying President Bush or whomever for whatever crimes that may or may not have happend won't solve a damn thing.

In The Land Of The Blind The One-Eyed Person Is King Regards,

Joe S.

The very reason Joe and I end up on the same side of an issue…stop pissing and moaning and do something.
Bush was a disappointment to us all…actually his dad was a freaking disappointment as well…we haven’t had a good president since Regan and I would rather have Slick Willy in office again than what we have had for the last 8 years or the next 4…but that is HISTORY and aint gonna happen.

Time to move on and fix what we have left because guys like Joe, me and the rest of the stiffs on this board are left holding the bag... so either fix it or shut the hell up.

Joe it may just be me and you some day on the RIGHT side the fence regards

P.J.

subroc
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
...In The Land Of The Blind The One-Eyed Person Is King Regards,

Joe S.

:D chuckling :D

Isn't the quote: "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king?

I didn't know this quote had been or needed to be updated to a PC version.

Thanks

Timely and apt:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20090227/906/ten-eastwood-thinks-political-correctnes.html

Joe S.
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
The very reason Joe and I end up on the same side of an issue…stop pissing and moaning and do something.
Bush was a disappointment to us all…actually his dad was a freaking disappointment as well…we haven’t had a good president since Regan and I would rather have Slick Willy in office again than what we have had for the last 8 years or the next 4…but that is HISTORY and aint gonna happen.

Time to move on and fix what we have left because guys like Joe, me and the rest of the stiffs on this board are left holding the bag... so either fix it or shut the hell up.

Joe it may just be me and you some day on the RIGHT side the fence regards

P.J.

P.J....

Careful, some here will want to cancel your Ultra-Right Wing Card. ;-)

I just call it like I see it.

Interesting you mention President Regan. There is a school of thought that suggests a correlation between the rise in Islamic Fundamentalism and the lack of a U.S. military response following the Marine Barracks Bombing in 1983. This, coupled with our desire to turn a blind eye (male, female, black, yellow, white, green, brown or blue) towards what the Pakistan nuclear program was doing because we needed them to help get supplies to UBL when he was on the CIA payroll fighting Soviets will give us all pause for thought in the coming years. Again, people did what they thought they needed to do at the time...

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.

Joe S.
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM

Isn't the quote: "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king?

I didn't know this quote had been or needed to be updated to a PC version.

Thanks

You know, I've never realized the abject joy of fishing with a top-water plug until now... ;-)

Non-Myopic Regards,

Joe S.

subroc
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM

You know, I've never realized the abject joy of fishing with a top-water plug until now... ;-)

Non-Myopic Regards,

Joe S.

If that was your intention, I am glad to be the source of the joy, however, I expect, in reality, you think in humorless PC terms and didn't even realize that you had changed the wording.

Either way enjoy your abject joy.

BTW Joe, welcome back, you were missed

cotts135
02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
What reasonable belief?

Well let's see, I believe that the administration has admitted waterboarding. Waterboarding is torture. Torture is not allowed according to treaties we have signed and it is also prohibited by the Geneva Convention.

As for the Scooter Libby issue, Joe S. said much better than I ever could.

[/QUOTE]

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
There is a school of thought that suggests a correlation between the rise in Islamic Fundamentalism and the lack of a U.S. military response following the Marine Barracks Bombing in 1983. This, coupled with our desire to turn a blind eye (male, female, black, yellow, white, green, brown or blue) towards what the Pakistan nuclear program was doing because we needed them to help get supplies to UBL when he was on the CIA payroll fighting Soviets will give us all pause for thought in the coming years. Again, people did what they thought they needed to do at the time...

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.

The Islamic Fundamentalist problem is as old as Islam…just goes generations with raising its ugly head so it appears to be all new but is just the same old problem with a nutty religion.
The UBL problem falls into the “my enemy’s enemy is my friend” category …lot of those people turn out to be future enemies…look at Iran and Iraq….we could list these all day long.

It is what it is brother

Joe S.
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
The Islamic Fundamentalist problem is as old as Islam…just goes generations with raising its ugly head so it appears to be all new but is just the same old problem with a nutty religion.

Agree. I should/could have phrased that better.

I've recently finished reading Jefferson's War: America's First War on Terror 1801-1805 (http://www.amazon.com/Jeffersons-War-Americas-Terror-1801-1805/dp/0786712325 (http://www.amazon.com/Jeffersons-War-Americas-Terror-1801-1805/dp/0786712325)) and if you haven't read it, I would recommend it. I thought the conditions and terms reflected some of what we are seeing today.

The UBL problem falls into the “my enemy’s enemy is my friend” category …lot of those people turn out to be future enemies…look at Iran and Iraq….we could list these all day long.

True. What we lack is a crystal to see or the balls to do what needs to be done and then forecast those actions across the future.

If we chose to take the Cives Romani position, which I have no problem with, then we need to be true to that position no matter the cost. As we both know, cost in terms of blood and not always money has GENERALLY been the deciding factor when a democracy goes to war.

It is what it is brother

True dat' as my son would say.

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.

Joe S.
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
If that was your intention, I am glad to be the source of the joy, however, I expect, in reality, you think in humorless PC terms and didn't even realize that you had changed the wording.

Yeah, I'd NEVER be witty or clever enough to have thought about that in advance. I've also forgotten how often the word "humorless" is used to describe me...it is really a lot. I've asked around and been told I'm a pretty unfunny guy. ;-)

I enjoy Joy, abject or not, at every possible opportunity.

BTW Joe, welcome back,

Thanks. It was a karma thing that led me back but I think I over analyzed that and screwed it up. So, the karma thing is leading me away again...but, you know, I had to fire off a couple of quick posts. Some times some things are just too much fun and too easy to resist.

you were missed

Kind of you to suggest but I think the jury is still way, way, way out on that. ;-)

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

subroc
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Off Topic

cotts135

I have one question that isn't related to this issue at all. I don't want to debate it really just guage your opinion on the subject. Did Bill Clinton sell a pardon to Marc Rich?

Just a yes or no answer.

If you want to send a PM, that would be OK.

JDogger
03-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subroc http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=407659#post407659)

Yeah, I'd NEVER be witty or clever enough to have thought about that in advance. I've also forgotten how often the word "humorless" is used to describe me...it is really a lot. I've asked around and been told I'm a pretty unfunny guy. :wink:

Quote:
I enjoy Joy, abject or not, at every possible opportunity.

Quote:
BTW Joe, welcome back,
Thanks. It was a karma thing that led me back but I think I over analyzed that and screwed it up. So, the karma thing is leading me away again...but, you know, I had to fire off a couple of quick posts. Some times some things are just too much fun and too easy to resist.

Quote:
you were missed
Kind of you to suggest but I think the jury is still way, way, way out on that. :wink:

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

"I fell from eight miles high,
cut my mind on a jagged sky,
and I just dropped in,
to see what condition my condition was in."

Kenny Rogers and the First Edition

Greetings from the dropzone,

JD

Steve Hester
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Pelosi is a frickin nut case!!