PDA

View Full Version : A poll about the economy

subroc
02-27-2009, 06:01 AM
As it relates to the economy, do you agree or disagree with the proposition: “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

The idea for this poll was found on-line. Those are the words of a politician.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 06:44 AM
As it relates to the economy, do you agree or disagree with the proposition: “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”

The idea for this poll was found on-line. Those are the words of a politician.

Sounds like an anarchist creed.

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 07:09 AM
You have to be a complete idiot to think the gooberment is a the solution

YardleyLabs
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
You have to be a complete idiot to think the gooberment is a the solution
Actually, that wasn't the question. The statement was that the “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” I disagree with this statement. I would disagree equally with a statement thet the government is the solution to the problem. I believe that the government is part of the problem and must be part of the solution.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
The withering away of the state is a dream shared by red necks and Communists.

subroc
02-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Some additional info:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/59_still_believe_government_is_the_problem

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Some additional info:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/59_still_believe_government_is_the_problem

41% must be the percentage ofr hind tit sucking, no tax paying, give a hand out people in this country....there is a tipping point folks ;)

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Quoting Subroc:more than 90% of all the statistics you read on the internet are made up on the spot...even this one.

luvmylabs23139
02-27-2009, 08:47 AM

I know who said that years ago, do you???

I wouldn't consider the person an "anarchist", and I doubt you would.

road kill
02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
I know who said that years ago, do you???

I wouldn't consider the person an "anarchist", and I doubt you would.
Yep. RR!!

"There are lies, damned lies & statistics!!"

Who said that??

badbullgator
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Yep. RR!!

"There are lies, damned lies & statistics!!"

Who said that??

Mark Twain...this thread is now turning into a trivia contest

thunderdan
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I think that they are part of the problem and part of the solution.

road kill
02-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Mark Twain...this thread is now turning into a trivia contest
If that is what you think.

I thought the quote I posted was appropriate to what else had been posted.
In fact, I think I would trust the "lies & damned lies" more than some of the "statistics" I have seen here.

But hey, if you feel better condemning the trivia so be it.
But compared to what really matters in life, isn't this whole line of conversation trivia??

I am just saying.........

K G
02-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Maybe so...especially if one is living off of the government, or expects the government to fix all of our problems.....:rolleyes:

kg

badbullgator
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
If that is what you think.

I thought the quote I posted was appropriate to what else had been posted.
In fact, I think I would trust the "lies & damned lies" more than some of the "statistics" I have seen here.

But hey, if you feel better condemning the trivia so be it.
But compared to what really matters in life, isn't this whole line of conversation trivia??

I am just saying.........

Easy there tiger
Humor regards

Evan
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
The withering away of the state is a dream shared by red necks and Communists.Are you certain the dream of communists is the "withering away of the state"? Over my lifetime I've seen the opposite view in communist states. The state control of all things is the ideal condition in the communist view.

Evan

paul young
02-27-2009, 09:31 AM
so we should let the bankers, auto manufacturers, health care companies, and wall street fix things?

when do you suppose they would get around to it?-Paul

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Are you certain the dream of communists is the "withering away of the state"? Over my lifetime I've seen the opposite view in communist states. The state control of all things is the ideal condition in the communist view.

Evan

AMEN...the communist state exist for the sake of the state…calling someone redneck on this board isn’t a stretch but calling someone a communist in my part of the world might get your but kicked.

Ignore Button Regards ;)

luvmylabs23139
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
so we should let the bankers, auto manufacturers, health care companies, and wall street fix things?

Attitudes like your's are one of the main reasons I got the heck out of CT in the mid 90's. Do you remember the stupid court decision that said that although Hartford or East Hartford (can't remember which) spent more per student on education than the surrounding areas, they were denied equal education vs the burbs? They talked about bussing between cities as the solution. I left the state because I no longer had the choice to decide where I wanted to live based on the schools my kids would attend. I don't know how it was ever resolved but I got out of dodge.

Bob Gutermuth
02-27-2009, 09:52 AM
World's biggest lie? I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

paul young
02-27-2009, 10:06 AM
please answer the question. foxes guarding the hen house regards-Paul

Smokin' Guns
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
I believe the saying goes "You must help yourself before you can help someone else" How can goverment solve the problem on borrowed money? The banks don't have the money, Wall Street doesn't and the goverment doesn't. Bottom line No MONEY!!!! You can't spend and spend what you don't have. INFLATION!!!!!!!!! For all who believes the goverment can help just wait till your CHEESEBURGER costs $10.00 at McD's!!!

Franco
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes, let the free market reign! There are plenty of solvent banks with money to lend. Detroit Auto Mfg's, are beyond fixing. Let them fail so that room can be made for new domestic auto mfg's with a better business model. Fix Wall St.? I thought the Dems already fixed it when they passed the Sarbains Oxley Act. Doesn't matter how many laws we have if the commissioners are asleep at the wheel. Health Care, lets stop paying for all the illegals bleeding the system, that will save billions off the bat.

luvmylabs23139
02-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Bankers: When the likes of Barney Franks and Chris Dodd stop telling them they have to cater to people who should never have had a mortgage.

Auto: When they stand up to the unions that are distroying the industry. Unions are destroying this country. I was 20 working full time and going to school at night, I watched union BS kill the company I worked for. Hard working people were laid off while those that polished their bikes on company time were given a pass due to seniority.

Healthcare: Is not a right.

paul young
02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
so you propose:

-that the banks are blameless and will always lend to the "right" people?

-all union members are lazy and they are detrimental to all the companies that employ them?

-healthcare costs are currently affordable and no more expensive that they need to be in order for the companies to make a reasonable profit?-Paul

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
so you propose:

-all union members are lazy and they are detrimental to all the companies that employ them?

-healthcare costs are currently affordable and no more expensive that they need to be in order for the companies to make a reasonable profit?-Paul

Yes...the gooberment made laws that required the banks to NOT discrimintate against people whe didnt have the ability to pay.

Yes...unions have out lived their usefulness in this county.

Yes...healthcare is affordable and more available in this country but is NOT a right as a citizen....guess you have to decide what is more important...your life or your stuff....

BrianW
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Just btw, the initial quote was from Reagan's 1st Inaugural Address.

luvmylabs23139
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
so you propose:

NO. the banks were forced to lend to people who should not have gotten mortgages , thanks Dodd and Franks.

NO. BUt unions protect goof offs due to seniority and penalize hard workers, Last man in first man out regardless of work ethic and ability.
Guy polishing bike caught on camera stays, while hard worker goes due to seniority. FActs, want the name of the company??? It happened in Danbury CT. IF I think back and do some internent research I may even be able to come up with names.
Union intimidation: I was 20 not in the union and a female. I found out that a certain Union member stole confidential payroll information and distributed it. When I turned in that info, union payroll was my job, I received threats against my lfe. This was more than 20 years ago, but yeah I am strongly anti union.

I have always paid for my medical. Why should I Pay for someone else?

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Are you certain the dream of communists is the "withering away of the state"? Over my lifetime I've seen the opposite view in communist states. The state control of all things is the ideal condition in the communist view.

Evan

According to Marx, the capitalist world will be inevitably overthrown by the proletariat ( the working stiffs). They will then establish a dictatorship of the proletariat to oversee the transition to communism. When all the bourgeois's (the bosses) influences are purged from the society and an equitable sharing of goods and services is established, there will be no need for a government and it will wither away. At point true communism will have been established.

Trouble is the communist regimes never seem to get beyond the establishment of the dictatorship. They claim the reason for that is capitalism still exists in the world and it continually inject its "greedy" influences into the social system.

They never seem to get the idea they create their own bourgeois in the form of the commissars.

luvmylabs23139
please answer the question. foxes guarding the hen house regards-Paul

Why don't you answer my quesate tion?

Where can one buy a house in CT and not have to worry about possible bussing to another area that spends more on education but it sucks, vs where they bought?
Answer: NOwhere.
I came within 2 years of going to high school in Danbury with riots or private school (catholic) and I'm not Catholic.
Maybe Groton is ok but Danbury sucked and still does.

Tatyana
The withering away of the state is a dream shared by ... Communists.

Where do you get your ideas about communism? I lived through it. The state/party is up your ass .... literally (pardon my crudeness).

K G
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Where do you get your ideas about communism? I lived through it. The state/party is up your ass .... literally (pardon my crudeness).

Attababy....;-)

First hand account regards, :cool:

kg

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM

I am sure his ideas are THEORETICAL like most liberal ideas.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
AMEN...the communist state exist for the sake of the state…calling someone redneck on this board isn’t a stretch but calling someone a communist in my part of the world might get your but kicked.

Ignore Button Regards ;)

Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background. Not only are you devoid of any deep thought, you can't read critically as well. I stated an observation which was neutral and in no way called you a name.

You seem to believe your political viewpoint gives you a special license to be obtuse and nasty. When you send me a personal email that says, "Don't ever call me a Commuist...I would whip your ass for that if that was in person ..you just fucked up and got ignored.", you seal that conclusion. Now run off and get your diaper changed.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM

I have done coursework in political theory which involved reading of Marx and Engles.

That coursework also involved readings of a variety of other political thought including Fascism and Democracy. We read a diversity of political theory including Plato, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hegel, Locke, Russeau, Jefferson, Calhoun among others.

My explanation of the theory of communism does not mean I am its advocate. I am firmly a Jeffersonian.

Welcome to the land of the free.

Raymond Little
02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

Theory? or Reality? Keep livin in Disney Land Douche, they will come for you also.

Don't , worry about your lack of educational skills Patrick, they shall Re-Educate you in due time.

Hope We Can't Believe In Regards

Tatyana
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I have done coursework in political theory which involved reading of Marx and Engles.

That coursework also involved readings of a variety of other political thought including Fascism and Democracy. We read a diversity of political theory including Plato, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Hegel, Locke, Russeau, Jefferson, Calhoun among others.

My explanation of the theory of communism does not mean I am its advocate. I am firmly a Jeffersonian.

Welcome to the land of the free.

My hometown is called Engels and Marx is less than an hour away. I got some communist theory before its collapse. Theory and reality of it are two different things. It's hell to live in it.

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Don't , worry about your lack of educational skills Patrick, they shall Re-Educate you in due time.

Hope We Can't Believe In Regards

I doubt I can be reeducated by any gooberment….and didn’t know I was lacking in “educational skills”…what the heck does that mean?

Raymond Little
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM
"Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background"
Guess Douche thinks you need an Ivy League education to espouse "REALITY".

Bitter Clinger Regards

paul young
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
no mandated bussing going on inthis part of Ct.

glad you are happy about moving to NC for the sake of your children's education. here are some stats for you:

percentage of students who graduate from high school-
ct-over 75%
nc-less than 65%

rank by sat scores: ct 4th in nation
nc 11th in nation

avg sat scores (math, critical reading skill,writing skill)
ct-511
nc-495

out of the frying pan into the fire regards-Paul

Julie R.
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM

ROTFLMAO

Spoken like a true limousine liberal...."I took a class about communism, therefore I must know more than you even though you lived it."
You probably like affirmative action and quotas for minority mortgages too as long as they don't move into your gated community and your kids don't have to go to school with theirs.

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background

Sorry for the confusion…I was beginning to think my conservative brethren were turning on me :)

I think you are quoting people I have on IGNORE....I have such abhorrence for liberal morons I have to put them on ignore.
Now I do have some good friends that are bent towards liberalism but they are reasonable thoughtful people. When it comes down to particular issue we tend to be pretty close with minor variances in belief. But the pseudo intellectual coffee house psychobabble isn’t worth listening too much less reading.

Hoosier
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the confusion…I was beginning to think my conservative brethren were turning on me :)

I think you are quoting people I have on IGNORE....I have such abhorrence for liberal morons I have to put them on ignore.
Now I do have some good friends that are bent towards liberalism but they are reasonable thoughtful people. When it comes down to particular issue we tend to be pretty close with minor variances in belief. But the pseudo intellectual coffee house psychobabble isn’t worth listening too much less reading.

I think I'll have to follow your Ignore example. It gets to ridicules to read.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 01:18 PM
ROTFLMAO

Spoken like a true limousine liberal...."I took a class about communism, therefore I must know more than you even though you lived it."
You probably like affirmative action and quotas for minority mortgages too as long as they don't move into your gated community and your kids don't have to go to school with theirs.

Julie, where is that limo you speak of? My pickup has 200,000 miles on it but it's paid for. My jeep is long of tooth as well.

I answered the lady's question, I didn't "pull rank ' on her. I didn't go to any Ivy League school and I paid for all of my education by working in factories and kitchens. I had a lot more than one class in political theory. My kids went to public schools and so far they haven't put gates on my community.

Oh by the way, I ain't no liberal.

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 01:34 PM
My hometown is called Engels and Marx is less than an hour away. I got some communist theory before its collapse. Theory and reality of it are two different things. It's hell to live in it.

We do not have a disagreement. I think I was critical of the application of communist theory when I said:

"Trouble is the communist regimes never seem to get beyond the establishment of the dictatorship. They claim the reason for that is capitalism still exists in the world and it continually inject its "greedy" influences into the social system."

"They never seem to get the idea they create their own bourgeois in the form of the commissars."

The whole failure of communism is that it believes it can make people put on their pants differently than they did before--that their new system will make people good and virtuous in the end. But, people end up behaving like they do in any system.

The jarring bump in the road is the dictatorship piece. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
One party states never move beyond that point.

K G
02-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Pat. You are proving to me with every post the insufficiency of your educational background. Not only are you devoid of any deep thought, you can't read critically as well. I stated an observation which was neutral and in no way called you a name.

You seem to believe your political viewpoint gives you a special license to be obtuse and nasty. When you send me a personal email that says, "Don't ever call me a Commuist...I would whip your ass for that if that was in person ..you just fucked up and got ignored.", you seal that conclusion. Now run off and get your diaper changed.

You're pretty rude, aren't you son of Cronus and Rhea?

It was hard enough to take you seriously before now....

kg

zeus3925
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
You're pretty rude, aren't you son of Cronus and Rhea?

It was hard enough to take you seriously before now....

kg

Hardly, KG. The dude threatened me with violence for something I didn't do. I not about to let that slide. I think you would have done the same thing in similar vein.

backpasture
02-27-2009, 03:39 PM

The hallmark of modern Republicanism... "If I hear something I don't like I just ignore it."

If ignorance is bliss, then Patrick must be the happiest man alive.

Cody Covey
02-27-2009, 06:48 PM
sounds like liberals and how they feel about the constitution

subroc
02-27-2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/assets_c/2009/02/toon022709-thumb-410x277.gif

Patrick Johndrow
02-27-2009, 09:49 PM
ROTFLMAO

True...so damned true....

Nate_C
02-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Preface: I am not a liberal; I am a conservative, not a republican, but a conservative. With that I say, yes the government is part of the solution.

Fixing the Banks is critical. During the first half of this nations history we for all intents and purposed had no central bank. There were massive fluxes in interest rates, in access to capital and common depressions. Since the creation of the Fed system there has been a stabilization of the banking system. The government has stepped in and helped indirectly finance the acquisition or re-stabilization of over 40 banks the latest being Wachovia and Washington Mutual. This is critical to our economy

If Citi, Bank of America, and AIG fail there will be a critical mass loss (20%) of the market in the financial market that will raise interest rates through the roof I have seen estimates as much as 3-5 points over prime. This would cause a period of stagflation, which is what we had in the 70’s but much worse. It would be likely that this could last for several years. Other banks cannot just step in because they don’t have the capital. See only a small portion of the capital banks lend is from deposits today. Banks use there own capital and Wall Street money (Credit Default swaps, SIR, Notes, Drafts, Fed Funds…ect…). And right now that is in very short supply. Banks are not just businesses they are part of the economic infrastructure. If they are not health nothing works because they provide liquidity from businesses and capital for consumers. If the banks as they stand now can be stabilized this recession will last a year. If not yes the market will compensate but it will take 2-3 years.

Now as far as the Auto industry goes, I agree, we shouldn’t bail out Chrysler, and I am not sure about GM. However, I think some of the opinions are not realistic. If we don’t bail them out, they will fail. Even if the economy returned to 2006 levels in six months the debt burden is just too much. Unfortunately they are too far gone. No one will buy them either without government intervention. GM hasn’t made a profit from their manufacturing in 6 years. Even if you get there cost structure under control and make the marginal cost profitable you still have to service over 30 billion in debt. Who would buy that? (I do think a GM& Chrysler merger would be good though.

No one will come and take there place either. The barriers of entry are too high. There is no way to incrementally start a car company. To full start it would cost 20-50 billion to start a car company today with what a 50% chance of succeeding? No one is going to make that investment. Almost every car company today rose out of a market with little to no competition. GM and Ford came about early in the market when the growth rate for cares was 20-30% per year which meant that they didn’t have to compete cause there was always more buyers then cars. Same thing for Honda and Toyota in the isolated Japanese market. Some firms rose out of special circumstances like AMC and the other firms that rose after WW2 due to the fact that the government gave them the unused Tank and Jeep factories. Today a firm would have to compete with what 20 other manufactures. The reality is that the US would lose all but Ford if we don’t help. If we help GM get though this they might come out a strong profitable company. I am not a strong advocate of this but it is a reasonable course of action.

Then there is regulation. One of the reasons that this occurred is that there wasn’t enough regulation. Look at the history of this nation. As regulation has increased the mean GDP growth rate has increased and the standard deviation as decreased. It works. Completely free markets are not effective or stable. Now government ownership is another issues and a very bad idea. Governments are very bad at running businesses because they don’t have the right goal, profit maximization. O and the stimulus package is a misplaced drop in the bucket.

shootncast
02-28-2009, 11:21 AM
It concerns me quite a bit. I dont think Presisent Obama is going to be able to fix the nightmare left to us by the last administration, I believe we are only feeling the beginning of what they started but you have to have faith.

subroc
02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
It concerns me quite a bit. I dont think Presisent Obama is going to be able to fix the nightmare left to us by the last administration, I believe we are only feeling the beginning of what they started but you have to have faith.

Is the entire problem President George W. Bush's fault?

Is the proposed fix Preident George W. Bush's fault?

If the proposed fix won't help should is still be done?

If the proposed fix is done and doesn't work, who's fault will it actually be if we are in worse shape?

When you say nightmare what exactly are you refering to?

Is congress at fault for any of the nightmare?

Help me understand your viewpoint.

Thanks

shootncast
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Listen, I know you guys get all bristly when you hear someone attack ole Georgey but let me assure you, If he was a democrat I would still be blaming him (well, not him exactly because you know as well as I do the man didnt have a clue). Republican, Democrat, Right, Left, Up, Down, In, Out, Hot, Cold, Chocolate, Yellow..Doesnt matter.

subroc
02-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Listen, I know you guys get all bristly when you hear someone attack ole Georgey but let me assure you, If he was a democrat I would still be blaming him (well, not him exactly because you know as well as I do the man didnt have a clue). Republican, Democrat, Right, Left, Up, Down, In, Out, Hot, Cold, Chocolate, Yellow..Doesnt matter.

I am not bristly at all. If you want to blame President George W. Bush for every ailment that modern man is subject to, it’s OK with me. I thought I asked some reasonable questions. You could just say yes to the ones that you think are his fault and no to the others. It appears now that you didn’t want to discuss the issue at all just use this as a way to place some blame and alleviate obama of any responsibility for anything. That’s OK, in your view President George W. Bush is responsible for the market going down, all the debt of the nation, days that are too hot, days that are too cold, rain, snow, bad moods, ugly people (is it OK to call people ugly?), and every other malady to befall man since the beginning of time.

Thanks for playing…

Franco
02-28-2009, 01:48 PM
From the results of the poll, looks like Obomo and his Congress Revival Act Program (CRAP), only get a 1.46 percentage approval on RTF!

Yes, we can change the course of history!;-)

shootncast
02-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Well I can assure you this SubRoc..When Obama screws up, I will be first in line to call him on it.

Marvin S
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Well I can assure you this SubRoc..When Obama screws up, I will be first in line to call him on it.

Why are you so quiet - He's done nothing since attaining the office but as you say "Screw Up". His whole lefty agenda is one big "Screw Up".

shootncast
02-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Lefty Agenda?...Does your little mind get lonely in your big head?

shootncast
02-28-2009, 08:11 PM
I have gone way off base to tell you the truth. I came here to BS hunting dogs and Labs in particular. I got caught up in the political banter that I try to stay away from. I should have seen the flags when I read how some people don't consider the English style labs true hunters. Typical , your "what I say is right, is right" attitudes is right on base for why I don't get involved in Republican/Democrat debates. Shit, half you people didn't even train your own damn dogs, shelling out 3 4 even 5 hundred a week to have some "pro" trainer do what you should be doing yourself, and might even try to do yourself if your ego-maniacal personalities weren't so damn concerned about getting some letters after your dogs names, so you can come on here and sound off about how well your dog did, having no part in getting Him/Her there. I am really surprised half of you here (not all but at least half) didn't buy pointers. Labs are water dogs, , stocky, thick tailed dogs that where bred for "water work". And I got some bad news for you, doesn't matter how "blocky" a dogs head is when its retrieving a bird from water, a boxer could bring in a duck. See, thin, lanky long nosed labs are great for upland game but then again, so are pointers. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know the type..$40,000 dollar truck that has never seen a corn field, $2000 O/U..Blaze orange that doesn't have a drop of blood on it, and a $1000 dog with $1500 worth of pro training into it. I guess its more of a "status" thing for most of you, when it should be a love for the breed and a love for hunting thing. I hope your dogs bring you everything you hoped for, and don't take it out on them if they don't win titles for you. Enjoy pasting all the quotes.

Patrick Johndrow
02-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Somebody needs a nap

subroc
02-28-2009, 09:08 PM
You paint with a pretty broad brush.

I am not sure really, but after reading your 4 posts in this message string, I am not seeing any injury or malice directed at you.

Is it just that some disagree with you that has you so worked up that you go into full insult mode and decide that a scorched earth policy of insulting the entire bulletin board is the best remedy?

OK, thanks, the best to you and yours during this holiday season.

I have gone way off base to tell you the truth. I came here to BS hunting dogs and Labs in particular. I got caught up in the political banter that I try to stay away from. I should have seen the flags when I read how some people don't consider the English style labs true hunters. Typical , your "what I say is right, is right" attitudes is right on base for why I don't get involved in Republican/Democrat debates. Shit, half you people didn't even train your own damn dogs, shelling out 3 4 even 5 hundred a week to have some "pro" trainer do what you should be doing yourself, and might even try to do yourself if your ego-maniacal personalities weren't so damn concerned about getting some letters after your dogs names, so you can come on here and sound off about how well your dog did, having no part in getting Him/Her there. I am really surprised half of you here (not all but at least half) didn't buy pointers. Labs are water dogs, , stocky, thick tailed dogs that where bred for "water work". And I got some bad news for you, doesn't matter how "blocky" a dogs head is when its retrieving a bird from water, a boxer could bring in a duck. See, thin, lanky long nosed labs are great for upland game but then again, so are pointers. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know the type..$40,000 dollar truck that has never seen a corn field, $2000 O/U..Blaze orange that doesn't have a drop of blood on it, and a $1000 dog with $1500 worth of pro training into it. I guess its more of a "status" thing for most of you, when it should be a love for the breed and a love for hunting thing. I hope your dogs bring you everything you hoped for, and don't take it out on them if they don't win titles for you. Enjoy pasting all the quotes.

Marvin S
02-28-2009, 09:46 PM

FYI - the sport does not revolve around your perception of what it should be. Most who post on these threads are the antithesis of what you posted. That they are knowledgeable regarding politics is a plus, gives us something to do when the weather stops us from training.

But please continue with your sophomoric rants, & see where your credibility heads.

Sticks & Stones........... , In case you missed it, the person who runs this show had a little dissertation on the subject of trying to get personal on these threads, you might want to read it, & then clean up your act. This person happens to be quite tolerant of what we do to a point, & we are all very appreciative of that!

BTW, every one knows who I am & my views to a point - are you not proud enough of what you have to say to tack a name on it?

K G
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, now that Mr. Anonnymoose "shootncast" has got the RTF figured out and is above it all, maybe he'll crawl back into his hole....

....his kind have come and gone here before.....NBFD......;-)

kg

Jim Pickering
03-01-2009, 10:25 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have been looking for a good signature line, and this could be it.

zeus3925
03-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Is the entire problem President George W. Bush's fault?

Is the proposed fix Preident George W. Bush's fault?

If the proposed fix won't help should is still be done?

If the proposed fix is done and doesn't work, who's fault will it actually be if we are in worse shape?

When you say nightmare what exactly are you refering to?

Is congress at fault for any of the nightmare?

Help me understand your viewpoint.

Thanks

No, I don't blame "W." for all the ills of the world. Time Magazine this week or last published a list of 25 culprits that contributed to the collapse. "W. " was one of them as well as Clinton. But, I am really ticked at his inept handling of the crises. A few millions spent on oversight would have gone a long way in preventing the hemorrhaging of trillions. When John Mc Cain came up rather clueless on the issue, I voted for BHO. i don't regret that choice for one moment.

Am I pissed at "W."? Am I pissed at the Wall Street pin heads that marketed all kinds of financial fiction? You bet. I saved all my life for a comfortable retirement. I invested according to to the most accepted game plan. I retired, then I lost a major chunk of my savings. I am howling mad about it. I was looking for the first head I could take. Unfortunately, " W " was the only one I could vote out. If "W." were chased by a rabbit, he would be ranked right in there with Jimmy Carter.

Limbaugh and McConnell say the plan won't work. But they haven't really made any proposal, but the same ol' same ol'. If fix doesn't work then, BHO can join "W" in my "affection". How does Jesse Ventura sound?

Congress has been too worked up in partisan combat to accomplish anything. But hey, they like their perks and they have to reflect their constituents views if they are going to stay. The country has also been polarized if you haven't noticed. The enemy is us. We wanted smaller government. Congress responded.

Only a third of the federal budget is negotiable. The rest is locked in. Of that negotiable third, half of it is defense. Voters want smaller government so there goes the oversight out of the remaining sixth. Thats why we get toys that poison our kids, melamine in our baby food and in our dog food, barracks that leak sewage, decrepit veteran's hospitals, and peanut butter that kills.

JDogger
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
FYI - the sport does not revolve around your perception of what it should be.

Isn't this from someone who has a website dedicated solely to that point of view?

Once again,

just sayin' Marv,

JD

shootncast
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
I must apologize, I went off on a rant, actually felt real bad about it, then I remembered, your mostly republicans. Like my Dad use to say, "Keep making fun of the republicans and God just may make you one someday"...