PDA

View Full Version : So much for "change".....

K G
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090303/Congress.Spending/

I'm guessing this is Bush 43's fault too.....:rolleyes:....oh....wait.....he's not in office anymore.....:wink:

kg

Bruce MacPherson
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090303/Congress.Spending/

I'm guessing this is Bush 43's fault too.....:rolleyes:....oh....wait.....he's not in office anymore.....:wink:

kg

Oh things are going to change alright, just not for the better.

Mac

M Remington
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I, too, am very disappointed with this. What pees me off the most is Steny Hoyer telling reporters that earmarks belonged to congress and basically, it was none of the president's business.

I am very supportive of Obama, but I pray it doesn't turn into business as usual (I have seen a few examples of that already).

K G
03-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I sure hope the folks represented by those 364 electoral votes are praying with us...........

kg

Richard Halstead
03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I, too, am very disappointed with this. What pees me off the most is Steny Hoyer telling reporters that earmarks belonged to congress and basically, it was none of the president's business.

I am very supportive of Obama, but I pray it doesn't turn into business as usual (I have seen a few examples of that already).

Be happy if the politics as usual, doesn't become Chicago Politics as usual.

Franco
03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Clearly, Congress is out of control.

luvmylabs23139
03-03-2009, 10:28 PM

One of those earmarks belongs to Oboma, but as of Friday his name was being removed but the earmark was still in. He is just as guilty as the rest of them. "The chosen one's" earmark stays but his name is now being hidden.
Talk about total BS.
The man is a liar, a cheat , a crook, and may be commiting treason.
At the least he should be impeached.
He should actually be tryed for treason and then pay the penalty.

Gun_Dog2002
03-04-2009, 12:31 AM
While Republican opposition in the House focused more on the bill's overall spending, McCain and allies turned the Senate spotlight squarely on earmarks.
"How does anyone justify some of these earmarks: $1.7 million for pig odor research in Iowa; $2 million 'for the promotion of astronomy' in Hawaii; $6.6 million for termite research in New Orleans; $2.1 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in New York," he said.

The pigs are flying now....

/Paul

subroc
03-04-2009, 01:16 AM

It aapears he!! may have frozen over and the earth has shifted on it's axis.

badbullgator
03-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Damn give me 1.7M for pig stink research! I guess the smell in congress, the House, and the White House form all the pork has gotten to be too much for em