RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Launchers

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Thomas D 
#1 ·
I see that there is a launcher on the market that is similar to the old flushing type control launcher. It come with electronic release and claims to throw anything from ducks to dummies. My question is? Has anyone used this for throwing marks. They a cheaper than wingers but are they effective and reasonable

#5 ·
I've got one that I made, I use it to throw dummies and birds all the time. Mainly as diversion birds, but sometimes as a mark. It actually throws a bumpersfarther than the winger. I like it for a diversion bird because it's small and easily hidden.
Brad

#6 ·
I have a cheaper box launcher that throws a dummy pretty far. Wouldn't use it for a 300 yd mark but a 75 would work fine.

#7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. This is the first time that I posted anything here and I appreciate the response. I saw these on Huntem Up.com and with the electronic release thought they might be okay.
Something to ponder till the snow leaves here in Wis

#8 ·
They are good for upland trainnig and could be used for some short marks. They retail for $250. You would be better off probably to spend the extra hundred and get a Son of A Gun launcher or a full size launcher form Gunners UP. They are much better for training whit the kind of marks you would want to be running for HT or FT training or hunting. The other option would be Bumper Boys, but they are $$$$$. Great tool for the trainer that trains alone but limits you to bumpers and not birds (they do sell a bird basket but it is USELESS).
Hope that helps. You can probably do a search on here a come up with a lot of information

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.