03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Most important membership I have

K G
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Life, baby! ;-)

kg

Franco
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
I have been in the past. When I moved after Katrina, I noticed how nice it was not to be getting mail from them just about every day asking for more money. I also dodged DU for a while however, the annual DU banguet here is huge and I had to go. So now, I get a bunch of DU mail!:rolleyes:

Mike W.
03-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Just joined last week.

Richard Halstead
03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
I let my NRA, DU, and the LRC memberships run out. To conserve cash I can't count on stock market dividends many have been cut.

dixidawg
03-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Life member regards....

badbullgator
03-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I have been in the past. When I moved after Katrina, I noticed how nice it was not to be getting mail from them just about every day asking for more money. I also dodged DU for a while however, the annual DU banguet here is huge and I had to go. So now, I get a bunch of DU mail!:rolleyes:

I am and always will be, but I do hate the constant mail I get from them. Seems there are better uses of money, but overall they do a good job. In fact I seldom open anything they send, it goes in the trash
DU on the other hand, I am done with too much BS spending. While they probably do a good job I just can't agree with their spending and overhead

Steve Amrein
03-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I think the biggest turn off for me with DU and NRA is the constant plea for $$ . Send me a bill or email once a year and I send you money. Don't piss away 95% of what I sent in on getting it again next year. Heck I will even buy the subscription to the mags. I guess the address labels are nice for Christmas cards.

I like the representation and the organized effort.

BTW I did ask if I could be taken off the mailers, givaways and they said it will cost more to do that than sending me the stuff.

Maybe I should start sending more.

Martin
03-06-2009, 09:18 AM
yep! Have been for about 25 years.

Patrick Johndrow
03-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I think the biggest turn off for me with DU and NRA is the constant plea for $$ . Send me a bill or email once a year and I send you money. Don't piss away 95% of what I sent in on getting it again next year. Heck I will even buy the subscription to the mags. I guess the address labels are nice for Christmas cards.

I like the representation and the organized effort.

BTW I did ask if I could be taken off the mailers, givaways and they said it will cost more to do that than sending me the stuff.

Maybe I should start sending more.

I am a life member but constanly hanging up on them calling in the evening....I to get tired of the constant WE NEED YOUR MONEY BS. If it is that important send me a letter in the mail and I will read it eventually and make the determination on my time when I decided to address the issue...not during the time of the day I am trying to relax and unwind.

Marvin S
03-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I expect to be left alone & can be rude when called, this includes political campaigns - dropped NRA when Tonya? was the legislative person - just got tired of a constant crisis when there was not one. Did rejoin this year. DU is not my bag because of their overpay of the Executive Director, but do have a really nice cribbage set my wife & I use which was purchased at a silent auction many years ago. I do Rocky Mountain Elk though I do not hunt big game as I believe a healthy Elk population is a sign of a system in balance.

I also just don't send money, I do a lot on our property & through the citizen process to show what a good citizen a gun packer can be.

duckheads
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
life member and just signed the wife up. she also just signed up for CC permit which indiana is now offering a lifetime permit.

BrianW
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Life member regards....

Same here ;-)

Goose
03-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Lifer.

Rest assured the NRA isn't getting any of Dear Leader's stimulus money. I've given money to the NRA-ILA and will do so again. Don't be too hard on them constantly looking for donations. It's their life blood.

twall
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
I've been a member for a number of years now. We had a guy come into work with his Life Member jacket and I made a comment about. He said he never realized you could pay in installments. When he found out he took the plunge.

These days I don't want to be in debt to anyone. I'd pay off my mortgage if I could. I think I'll take that money I just "saved" on the life membership and buy another gun or a few kegs of powder.

Tom