PDA

View Full Version : Spkr Gingrich may run for POTUS in 12

Bob Gutermuth
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/06/gingrich-floats-possibility-presidential-run/

He would beat Comrade Obama like a durm

Matt McKenzie
03-06-2009, 04:46 PM
He's the smartest guy there and one of the few true conservatives, but I'm afraid that his image is tarnished beyond repair. The Democrats did a great job of demonizing him when he was Speaker.

IowaBayDog
03-06-2009, 08:04 PM
He did a good job of tarnishing himself with conservatives the last couple years.

Didn't he do an appearance with Nancy Pelosi on some Global Warming initiative?

Time for some new blood.

Bob Gutermuth
03-06-2009, 08:45 PM
anybody but Comrade Obama

Marvin S
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
He wants to keep himself relevant & his speaking fees high - he has about as much chance in the nominating process as a skunk with no stripes.

When he was Speaker he did a good job to a point - when he shut the government down & caved his credibility suffered. It further caved when the appropriation paid the government employees for the 5 days they were not at work. Imagine that happening in the real world. :rolleyes:

Hew
03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
He wants to keep himself relevant & his speaking fees high - he has about as much chance in the nominating process as a skunk with no stripes.
Exactly. He's become Pat Buchanan Jr....has to say/do something outrageous every 3 or 4 months to keep his name in the paper.

He's a brilliant guy, though, and probably one of the best extemporaneous speakers/interviewees I've seen. Way too much political and personal baggage to make a legit run at the presidency.

tpaschal30
03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Exactly. He's become Pat Buchanan Jr....has to say/do something outrageous every 3 or 4 months to keep his name in the paper.

He's a brilliant guy, though, and probably one of the best extemporaneous speakers/interviewees I've seen. Way too much political and personal baggage to make a legit run at the presidency.

As opposed to Obama who had no baggage nor experience, but does appoint people with lots of baggage and tax bills from tax evasion.

JDogger
03-07-2009, 10:43 PM

I'll remember that, when you extole his virtues in a few years, and I'm sure the sand will still taste OK.

JD

Hew
03-08-2009, 04:45 AM
I'll remember that, when you extole his virtues in a few years, and I'm sure the sand will still taste OK.

JD
Hmmm...I thought I just did extoll some of his virtues. You know, the part about him being brilliant and a great speaker. I know it must be perplexing to an Obama worshiper that anyone else can see/acknowledge both sides of a political figure, but there you have it.

I'm sure, however, that even if given a few more years to ponder I still won't get your obscure reference to eating dirt. Is that some New Mexico hippy commune practice about eating Mother Earth to become as one with Her that I should be familiar with?

JDogger
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmmm...I thought I just did extoll some of his virtues. You know, the part about him being brilliant and a great speaker. I know it must be perplexing to an Obama worshiper that anyone else can see/acknowledge both sides of a political figure, but there you have it.

I'm sure, however, that even if given a few more years to ponder I still won't get your obscure reference to eating dirt. Is that some New Mexico hippy commune practice about eating Mother Earth to become as one with Her that I should be familiar with?

Head in the sand. I know you're familiar with that, and its the only place where one could view Newt as brilliant.

Matt McKenzie
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Head in the sand. I know you're familiar with that, and its the only place where one could view Newt as brilliant.

Unlike you, some of us can recognize brilliance in someone with whom we disagree.

Bob Gutermuth
03-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Speaker Gingrich is far smarter than anyone in charge currently in DC from POTUS to the current Speaker.