PDA

View Full Version : Now Comrade Obama wants to talk to the Taliban

Bob Gutermuth
03-08-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506810,00.html

This will do as much good as Neville Chamberlain(must be one of BHO's heroes) talking to Hitler. You don't negotiate with terrorists, especially when they are at war with our military. I wonder what kind of and how expensive a quid pro quo he will offer these butchers?

K G
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Remember how, during the campaign, he talked about hunting down OBL and "taking him out?" Remember, back when he was trying to get elected?

Little did we know it meant "taking him out to dinner"......:cool:

kg

Hew
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I dunno...a similar strategery worked in Iraq with the Sunnis. From the few recent books I've read about A-Stan written by Americans who served there I get the impression that the Afghanis doing the fighting on both sides are pretty much ignorant goat herders who fight out of sheer habit and clan loyalties. They don't seem like idealogues on a mission to martyr themselves for Allah, the Taliban or anyone else. If these dim bulbs can be culled/bought/talked out of the fight it would free us up to fight the hardcore Taliban and Arab jihadists in Afghanistan that desperately need killing.

All his campaign rhetoric aside, with respect to Iraq and A-stan, Obama has pretty much followed Bush's gameplan. Refreshing given that his domestic agenda is more f'ed up than a soup sandwich.

K G
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Has he kept any of the Bush folks in charge of the A-stan campaign? If so, we might get something done. If he's starting at square one, his foreign policy might have the same "soup sandwich" consistency of his domestic policy.

He needs at least ONE bright spot in his presidency regards,

kg

J Hoggatt
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
My son is home on his 15 days of R&R - from Afghanistan----

There is no way - I want him see or reading this-- story -- about our NEW Commander and Chief................

What a moral buster......

first- don't send enough troops
then-- lets start talking to them................

VIETNAM- ALL OVER AGAIN............
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/jhoggatt/n76801641_31785932_2714228.jpg

K.Bullock
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I dunno...a similar strategery worked in Iraq with the Sunnis. From the few recent books I've read about A-Stan written by Americans who served there I get the impression that the Afghanis doing the fighting on both sides are pretty much ignorant goat herders who fight out of sheer habit and clan loyalties. They don't seem like idealogues on a mission to martyr themselves for Allah, the Taliban or anyone else. If these dim bulbs can be culled/bought/talked out of the fight it would free us up to fight the hardcore Taliban and Arab jihadists in Afghanistan that desperately need killing.

All his campaign rhetoric aside, with respect to Iraq and A-stan, Obama has pretty much followed Bush's gameplan. Refreshing given that his domestic agenda is more f'ed up than a soup sandwich.

I was shocked at first when I saw the headlines too. The truth of it is much less shocking as HEW has already stated. I agree it is a good game plan that has already proven it's worth in Iraq, along with the troop surge.

BrianW
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
So the President is willing to talk to the Taliban, the "extremists" of which, want American infidels to die and our country to be destroyed so that an Islamic state can be formed.
What do the Taliban "moderates" want, just for Obama policies to fail but for America to survive? :-P
There's no room for Americans who feel that way though!

kb27_99
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Let him talk to them face to face. That will give them a chance to get rid of him.

Cheers,

Kevin

Goose
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Obama has Muslim blood and probably reads the Koran under the sheets at night when the Secret Service isn't watching.

toddh
03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
This video says a lot....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw&eurl

K.Bullock
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Obama has Muslim blood and probably reads the Koran under the sheets at night when the Secret Service isn't watching.

Type M? I guess I didn't realize that Muslim was hereditary.

Mike W.
03-11-2009, 12:02 AM
What is a "moderate" Taliban?

Same as a "moderate" Ku Klux Klan?

Same as a "moderate" Aryan Brotherhood?

Same as a "moderate" Camer Rouge?

Give me a break.

Bruce MacPherson
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Day by day it becomes more and more apparent that or President hasn't got a clue.