PDA

View Full Version : Proposed UN climate change boondoggle to cost trillions

Bob Gutermuth
03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510937,00.html

Betcha the US suffers the most

Julie R.
03-27-2009, 10:36 AM
I've been reading about this instrument of new world order and it's scary. What is even scarier is how the Democrats are lapping it up lock stock and barrel. Didn't that tax cheat Geitner recently say he thought a global currency was a nifty idea?

I worked at the State Dept. in the 1980s and was a U.S. delegate to the final negotiating sessions of the U.N. Conference on the Law of the Sea. The U.S. never signed it because the main purpose of the treaty was to establish a U.N. money grab, errr, tribunal to govern undersea mining. Well that was the stated goal; the real purpose was to make U.S. technology, know-how and money available to any third world country that wanted it. This sounds like more of the same even using a lot of the same noble-sounding language :barf:.

It's time to get the U.S. out of the U.N. and the U.N. out of the U.S. Ever wonder why they don't locate the U.N. in Africa, since it's closer to most of the ever-multiplying masses south of the equator?

sinner
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Slinkies.. Not really good for anything..
But they still bring a smile to your face when you think about pushing them down a flight of stairs

BrianW
03-29-2009, 10:53 AM
In light of this, I'm surprised that the Administraton hasn't backed off somewhat on it's demands to pass "cap & trade" legislation. This appears to do everything Obama's proposing and far more, which would then give him the cover of blaming the loss of US jobs/industry, raising of taxes, etc. on "someone else".