PDA

View Full Version : A GOLDEN wins an Amateur

helencalif
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
This is a shameless brag... but it isn't often that a Golden wins an Amateur and kicks some black butts.

I put my black dog avatar away and put up this new one. It is our boy Flyway's American Flyer ("Keeper") who won the Amateur at the No. California Ret Club field trial on March 15 at Suisun, CA.

Keeper isn't as old as he looks; he just grayed early. However, his breeder-owner-handler Don Graves IS as old as he looks.

Just got a call from Don, Keeper passed the Master at a hunt test this weekend. I think that's 4 straight Master passes in a row for Keeper. He is on a roll. He is probably confused as all get out because Don is running him in a trial one weekend and in a hunt test the next. One more hunt test next weekend and and then it's back to trials.

Judy Chute
03-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Congratulations, Helen, Don...and "Keeper" !

Great strategy, hunt test, field trial hunt test etc.. You may have something there!!!

Handsome Boy :) ooops, Handsome Boys :)

Judy

2goldens
03-29-2009, 08:49 PM
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!!

Jill Simmons
03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I loved reading this - and I am glad that Keeper made the avatar! Go gold.. .

Klamath Hunting Gold
03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I am quite happy for Don and Keeper. Don has been nothing but nice anytime I have ever seen him. Don was around when Amber picked up a JAM in a Derby and was quite supportive of us. He's always available to talk about the golds.
Hand

HiRollerlabs
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I'll bet Keeper (and Don) are having a great time running the Master, and it's always fun to color in the Am particularly when it's BLUE. Congrats!

Jerry and Freya
04-04-2009, 08:03 AM
That is super news....
Congrats
Freya and Jerry

Jeffrey Towler
04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice job. I have trained with a couple of real nice Golden's the past year. Shirley Julien has a super nice Golden named Chevy.

Regards
Jeff Towler
www.marshhawkretrievers.com

Miriam Wade
04-04-2009, 10:00 AM
WOOHOOO! Congratulations! He must be a very special dog!

M

dr_dog_guy
04-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Congratulations!