PDA

View Full Version : Southern Minnesota HRA AKC Test April 25-26

chocolabguy
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
The Southern Minnesota Hunting Retriever Association will be hosting its annual AKC Licensed Hunt Test on April 25-26 near Waseca, MN. It will be a Double Junior, Single Senior and Single Master event.

Please go to www.entryexpress.net to enter.

TroyFeeken
04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm hoping we have liquid water by then!

Flizzard 09 (flood and now blizzard) Fargo.

HiRollerlabs
04-01-2009, 08:51 AM
No ice here in Rochester on a deep pond, so I am guessing that the shallow water at Waseca is ready to go!

SMHRA is a Member of Master National! So, if you're looking for an early test to get qualified for the MNat'l come to Waseca. Go to www.entryexpress.net (http://www.entryexpress.net) to enter.

Boondux
04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Sounds fun - I am really done with this snow!

chocolabguy
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
All the ponds are open!!! Entries will close on April 15. Go to www.entryexpress.net to enter.

Scott Greenwood
04-04-2009, 10:38 PM
The Southern Minnesota Hunting Retriever Association will be hosting its annual AKC Licensed Hunt Test on April 25-26 near Waseca, MN. It will be a Double Junior, Single Senior and Single Master event.

Please go to www.entryexpress.net to enter.

Thanks Mike!!!

Chuck Anderson
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Just got done running Mocha on water and land blinds. The water is warm enough that the frogs are out and croaking their little hearts out. Went out on Friday(4/3) and ran some Marks, both water and land. Found two woodticks on Mocha and one attached itself to me. With the woodticks and frogs out I would have to officially declare it to be spring in Minnesota.

I for one am looking to start another Hunt Test season.

RockyDog
04-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Ahh...woodticks and fresh snow...it must be Spring in MN...

Looks like I'll miss your Season Opener HT this year. Rocky sprained an ankle pretty badly in late Feb and is still hobbling around so we're not getting any training in. (He sends his greetings to Mocha ;))

Chuck Anderson
04-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear about Rocky's ankle, how is Chip doing.

RockyDog
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Chip is still down in GA with Jim Van Engen. He got a 3rd in the Derby at Jacksonville a few weeks ago. Pretty exciting. His next trial will be the WS Amateur at Horicon. (By the way, that's him in my avatar.)

He's got some little chocolate brothers/sisters on the way in early May - repeat breeding with Lady. Unfortunately the hubby is holding me to a 2 dog limit or I'd be tempted to keep another one.

Scott Greenwood
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Close for the first Hunt Test of the Minnesota season is Wednesday. With the fine weather everyone should be "chomping at the bit" to sign up!!!! Go to www.entryexpress.net and look under Southern Minnesota Hunting Retriever Association and enter your dogs.

Scott Greenwood
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Closes in sixty-one hours. Can't wait!!!

Scott Greenwood
04-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Closes tomorrow night. Go to www.entryexpress.net to enter!

HiRollerlabs
04-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Results are posted on ee.net.

It rained both days and was pretty cold. Handlers tolerated a lot of walking as it was too wet to drive into the private grounds. Judges and workers tolerated a LOT of rain and cold. Peterson's (one of our hosts) let us set up a headquarters in their garage again this year, and provided us with a space heater. Our help served brats, chips, cookies/bars, coffee and hot apple cider.

All-in-all it went very well. We were finished by 3 p.m. on Sunday.

People in the southern MN area will want to check out SMHRA. This Club has made arrangements with a local dog pro to use grounds for training and we have a Thurs. training session for all members. Lots of hunters and hunting test enthusiasts in this club--LOTS of fun!

chocolabguy
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Ann thanks for posting the results so fast!!!

I would also like thank all the handlers, judges, marshalls, test chair, test secretary, stakes chairs, gunners, throwers, property owners and the concessions gals for the great job this past weekend. Even with subpar weather (actually I would say normal weather for our test) things went smooth.

Good luck to everyone entered this coming weekend at Blackhawk!!!