PDA

View Full Version : Now Fearless Leader is backing amnesty for illegals bill

Bob Gutermuth
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
NO way, send em back and make em get in line and come here legally

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/08/report-obama-campaign-pledge-push-immigration/

K G
04-09-2009, 08:14 AM
If we're lucky, it'll be passed by Congress, middle America will revolt (how many jobs will have been lost by then?), then at least the House will be returned to the Republicans after the mid-term elections. Then, in just under four years, a Republican majority will be elected in the Senate and it won't matter WHO is President...

Or...it'll get shot down because the Democrats are afraid of the above scenario....

Win-win regards, ;-)

kg

Hew
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Yep, immigration reform is a political third rail during this economy. That he's testing the waters on it indicates to me that he's either not politically savy (which I don't believe for a minute) or he's so arrogant that he believes his own press and thinks his silver tongue will allow him to jam ammnesty down an unwilling and hostile (on this issue, anyway) populace. I'm w/ KG. If he tries to push this there will be a lot of nervous Dems come the mid-term elections.

Franco
04-09-2009, 11:48 AM
When President Reagan declared amnisty for over 10 million illegals, it created a flood of some 20 million more illegals. Another declaration of amnisty would create even more illegals. We should have learned something from Reagan's folly.

Neither party wants to touch the subjest, just notice how it wasn't an issue in the last election. As mush as the Republicans pandered to the Hispanics and illegals over the last 8 years, what good did it do them? Obomo got the large majority of Hispanic votes.

Maybe the Republicans have learned thier lesson and hopefully they will stop the pandering.

A voter backlash by non-blacks and non-Hispanics? I doubt it as most non-ethnics are too apathetic to care.

I am afraid that the only way we will get our country back, is to take it back.

Richard Halstead
04-10-2009, 12:03 AM
If you went through a hole in the fence, or came as human cargo you are going back.

Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

The only way to get in this house is through the front door

zeus3925
04-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Maybe the Republicans have learned thier lesson and hopefully they will stop the pandering.

The Republican business community just loves illegal immigration. So does the US Chamber of Commerce. They are as patriotic as hell, until it comes down to hiring an American.

Franco
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
In regards to the illegal immigration problem, the Democrats are just as treasonist as the Republicans.

I was merely addressing the falicy of amnisty.

zeus3925
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
From the good Republicans at the Chamber:

"Throughout our history, the dreams and hard work of immigrants have been a driving force behind America's success as a strong, prosperous nation. We need the continued contributions of these immigrants to grow and remain competitive.

For the 111th Congress, the Chamber will:

* Continue to push for comprehensive immigration reform that: increases security; has an earned pathway to legalization for undocumented workers already contributing to our economy, provided that they are law-abiding and prepared to embrace the obligations and values of our society; creates a carefully monitored guest or essential worker program to fill the growing gaps in America's workforce recognizing that, in some cases, permanent immigrants will be needed to fill these gaps; and refrains from unduly burdening employers with worker verification systems that are underfunded or unworkable.
* Urge Congress and the administration to address delays, backlogs, and disruptions in our immigration and border management systems that impede the movement of legitimate cargo and travelers across U.S. borders.
* Ensure the continuity and expansion of H-1B, L-1, and EB visas for professionals and highly valued workers.
* Lobby for reform to enable seasonal and small businesses to continue to use the H-2B temporary visa."

It appears those folks are for amnesty, too!

Mike W.
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
This whole immigration thing boils down to the Democrats buying votes. In the way they did with the welfare class, so too are they doing it with the hispanic issue. It very well could solidify their powerbase for decades.

Makes you want to move to New Zealand.

zeus3925
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
This whole immigration thing boils down to the Democrats buying votes. In the way they did with the welfare class, so too are they doing it with the hispanic issue. It very well could solidify their powerbase for decades.

Makes you want to move to New Zealand.

The point is that both parties are caving on the issue. If this is true then, it is not quite fair dinkum to lay the blame solely on Obama.

But, let me ask you, how much of your tax dollars do you want to spend to round up 11,000,000 or so illegals? How much whining do you want to put up with from the civil rights advocates about breaking up families? How much do you want to spend in sealing the borders with more federal employees or the military? Is it worth it, when American manufacturing is taking American jobs elsewhere, anyway?

Mike W.
04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
But, let me ask you, how much of your tax dollars do you want to spend to round up 11,000,000 or so illegals?

They way I look at it it is my tax dollars round up 11mm or so illegals that will eventually vote democrat after Comrade Obama gives them amnesty. Then my tax dollars will go toward funding their entitlement programs.

Money well spent.

Bob Gutermuth
04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I agree, I would mcuh rather see my tax $$$ used to round em up and send em back than I would see it used to pay for their entitlements and hospitalization and such. We need an Iron Curtain on the border, but designed to keep people out not in as the USSR had it.

zeus3925
04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Let me pitch this out for the sake of discussion:

Isn't it a conservative mantra that government is too bloated and costs too much? Aren't you advocating bloating the government here?

Isn't it true that conservative business interests are importing illegals to bust unions?

Isn't it another conservative mantra that government can't do anything right? Do you expect them to guard the border more efficiently with more men and money? Maybe we ought to hire Blackwater to do the job.

Franco
04-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Let me pitch this out for the sake of discussion:

Isn't it a conservative mantra that government is too bloated and costs too much? Aren't you advocating bloating the government here?

Isn't it true that conservative business interests are importing illegals to bust unions?

Isn't it another conservative mantra that government can't do anything right? Do you expect them to guard the border more efficiently with more men and money? Maybe we ought to hire Blackwater to do the job.

Illegals cost tax payers billions of dollars a year. Just look at California, that state is broke because of the money they have to spend in medical care, education, housing, law enforcement and more. Money should be redirected in securing our boarders and deporting the those illegally here.

Bust unions? The hiring of illegals is against the law. The unions are busting themselves except for the UAW which our govenment is in the process of bailing out under the guise of saving GM and Chrysler.

And yes, I don't have any faith in our government to do much correctly. It is Keystone Congressmen, they made the mess and they will make the mess even bigger.

code3retrievers
04-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Sarge,

For sake of discussion try reading the constitution

It's the legislative branches job to establish the immigration laws and the executives job to enforce said laws. We have immigration laws on the books that congress is trying to subvert and the executive branch is failing to enforce.

The government needs to step up and do what is right by its legal citizens.

zeus3925
04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Sarge,

For sake of discussion try reading the constitution

It's the legislative branches job to establish the immigration laws and the executives job to enforce said laws. We have immigration laws on the books that congress is trying to subvert and the executive branch is failing to enforce.

The government needs to step up and do what is right by its legal citizens.

I read the constitution many times. Congress legislates and if Congress so desires it can pass or repeal any act as it is inclined . It can also fail to appropriate sufficient funds to make the law work. You are also correct about the executive branch as well and there is immense pressure to not enforce the law. It's not just the present administration.

On top of it the nation has been hot and cold on immigration enforcement. There have been times when the nation has called for strict enforcement. Other times it has opted for cheap strawberries by importing stoop labor.

It maybe illegal to hire illegal immigrants but the network is unbelievably well organized. All kinds of documents are counterfeited. Immigrant owned siding and roofing companies don't care if their cousin has forged papers. There isn't enough ICE agents to mount an effective crackdown. The Feds have not given local law enforcement the ability to enforce. (Immigration is a Federal issue.)

The bottom line for so many Americans is that their concern for their fellow citizens ends at the opening of their hip pocket. If no one hired them they would not come.

code3retrievers
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
The blame goes all the way around but if I were found to be hiring illegals I would be arrested and charged. If the President does not do his part he should also be punished for not doing his job.

I think the majority of Americans would like the borders enforced.

Hew
04-11-2009, 03:31 PM

...Got Link?...

By and large, I agree with most of what you're saying, though. Both parties pay lip service to doing anything substantive about illegal immigration. Building a giant fence and trying to patrol/maintain it is a monument to futility and stupidity. All that will do is make some Mexican ladder manufacturers rich. If they really wanted to stop illegal immigration they could very simply and cheaply do it by:

1) Either going to a national ID or codifying state drivers license requirments/issuance to a non-forgable (or as near as possible) form of identification. As it is now, some states have LAUGHABLE requirements that are easily forged (and they know it, too).

2) Require that employers verify these IDs prior to hiring.

3) Go HARD after businesses that are caught with employees that don't have the proper ID.

Problem solved. No jobs = no pay = no reason to be here = mass exodus home.