PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party

Paula Richard
04-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Is anyone going to the Tax Day Tea Party? They will be held in approximately 1600 cities throughout the country.

Glenn Beck will be at the Alamo and he hinted that Ted Nugent will be there to play the Star Spangle Banner.

http://taxdayteaparty.com/

P

honker88
04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I would love to but the 2 parties near me are from 12 to 2 and I have to work.

BrianW
04-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I intend to be at the one in Coeur d'Alene, ID at Independence Point!

twall
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
My wife and I are planning on going to the one in Columbus, OH. The little town we live had a planning meeting for one. But, I think it was too big of a politcal step for any of the "movers and shakers" to commit to organizing it.

Tom

Lisa S.
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Will be going to the local party in front of my State Senate Rep. office. He'll be in Sac. leading the rally at the State Capital.

BrianW
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
The Coeur d'Alene Tea Party was a success imo, and had no disruptions, incidents etc. Somewhere around a 1000 patriots attended with a wide cross section of ages. Some of the highlights were 10 y/o Brock B reciting Patrick Henry's complete "Give me Liberty or give me Death" address and 16 y/o Hannah C. giving a award winning oratory on the Constitution that has earned her a spot in the American Legion's national speech contest.
Note; Neither of these young people needed a teleprompter or even notes to complete their presentations!

Already owes!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09034.jpg

Brock - Give me Liberty...
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09025.jpg

Hannah
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09040.jpg

Goose
04-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Great idea to get the kids involved...especially without a teleprompter!!

My son had a little league game last night or I would have joined the tea party festivities in McKinney.

badbullgator
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I stopped by ours since it was only a mile from my house. Over 4000 people showed up!

road kill
04-16-2009, 10:39 AM
The Coeur d'Alene Tea Party was a success imo, and had no disruptions, incidents etc. Somewhere around a 1000 patriots attended with a wide cross section of ages. Some of the highlights were 10 y/o Brock B reciting Patrick Henry's complete "Give me Liberty or give me Death" address and 16 y/o Hannah C. giving a award winning oratory on the Constitution that has earned her a spot in the American Legion's national speech contest.
Note; Neither of these young people needed a teleprompter or even notes to complete their presentations!

Already owes!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09034.jpg

Brock - Give me Liberty...
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09025.jpg

Hannah
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/BKWelch/Tea%20Party/TaxDayteaPartypix4-15-09040.jpg

I dunno.......look like potential "Right Wing Extremists" to me!!:cool:

Tongue firmly in cheek regards,

BrianW
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I dunno.......look like potential "Right Wing Extremists" to me!!:cool:

Tongue firmly in cheek regards,

Heard on one of the talk shows yesterday that there was a young girl about 8-10 y/o at a TDTP holding a sign saying (to the effect)
" I'm one of the
God fearing,
Bible holding,
Gun toting
right wing extremists
that DHS warned you about!"

;)

Franco
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
We had about 1,500 folks at ours, lots of great signs. I'd say it was mostly Republicans but there were many Democrates there as well. Everyone upset with the out-of-control spending. It went great for the first hour until a group of ministers from several denominations wanted to lead the rally in group prayer. When they started, most left. When are the Republicans going to, get it?

Gerry Clinchy
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
There were four here in the Lehigh Valley (PA). The local paper gave it space, and I heard coverage on radio of one of the "parties" in Philadelphia.

Eric Johnson
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Then there's this...

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/16/schakowsky-tea-parties-despicable/

Schakowsky: Tea parties 'despicable'
@ 1:23 pm by Eric Zimmermann

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) blasted "tea party" protests yesterday, labeling the activities "despicable" and shameful."

"The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs," Schakowsky said in a statement.

-More_

A reader comment suggests that since her husband has been convicted for tax fraud and since she signed the forms, maybe she shouldn't talk.

road kill
04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Here's what Anderson Cooper had to say;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64Ed5iLu4M

Pathetic.

Uncle Bill
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Those comments are nothing compared to the most pathetic individual on TV...Keith Olberdork. He outdid himself. Is he married to that CNN broad that claims to be a reporter? How obvious does it get before folks realize this country no longer has a news-reporting media...everyone has an agenda, with most in the tank for the Obama crowd.

I could care less if the left continues to listen and follow the MSP, just don't pass what they report as NEWS. They just can no longer seperate the "reporting of news" from their biased comments. And they wonder why their print media are going under.

Rapid City had over 1,000 at their TEA party. 1st one I've ever attended.

UB

Paula Richard
04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout in our little state. There were about 2,000 that attended and it was very peaceful. About 20 speakers and the signs that people carried were great. I have never been to a ralley before and glad that i went.

As a few speakers said, it is not about one party or another, this is for the people who work hard and pay their taxes. We even said the pledge of allegiance in english!! ;-)

Paula

road kill
04-16-2009, 04:16 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout in our little state. There were about 2,000 that attended and it was very peaceful. About 20 speakers and the signs that people carried were great. I have never been to a ralley before and glad that i went.

As a few speakers said, it is not about one party or another, this is for the people who work hard and pay their taxes. We even said the pledge of allegiance in english!! ;-)

Paula

Gadzooks........you sound like a potential "Right Wing Extremist!!"

Hand over my heart regards,

BrianW
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) blasted "tea party" protests yesterday, labeling the activities "despicable" and shameful."

It figures that a Congresscritter from IL would be familiar with such activities. :rolleyes:

just for gits & shiggles I sent her this e-mail through her website. I have no illusions that it will change anything but I don't mind

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

I have just read your statement regarding yesterday's nationwide events and find them deeply troubling.
Having hundreds of thousands of Americans from across the country gather to voice their views, for whatever reason, should be cause to rejoice as it is proof that our country, for all it's problems is still the best in the world.
Did you issue a similar opinion when groups such as MoveOn.org organized protests against President Bush's tax cut policies which honestly benefited my family that only makes $50k a year or when people such as Cindy Sheehan demonstrated against our soldiers & the Iraq War? I highly doubt it!
Yes, there were "shameful" and "despicable" activities yesterday. Chief among them were the refusals by elected officials such as yourself, selected to represent the views of all their constituents, to acknowledge the valid feelings of those voters. Whether you agree with them or not, your job, that you swore an oath to do, is to help uphold the rights of all the People, that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
If you can not support "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.", then I submit that you should immediately tender you resignation, madam.

Sincerely
Brian K. Welch
Athol, Idaho
United States of America

Paula Richard
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Gadzooks........you sound like a potential "Right Wing Extremist!!"

Hand over my heart regards,

shhhh, don't tell anyone!!! We're grouped with all of those veteran terrorists!! :D

P

Matt McKenzie
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM
It figures that a Congresscritter from IL would be familiar with such activities. :rolleyes:

just for gits & shiggles I sent her this e-mail through her website. I have no illusions that it will change anything but I don't mind

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

I have just read your statement regarding yesterday's nationwide events and find them deeply troubling.
Having hundreds of thousands of Americans from across the country gather to voice their views, for whatever reason, should be cause to rejoice as it is proof that our country, for all it's problems is still the best in the world.
Did you issue a similar opinion when groups such as MoveOn.org organized protests against President Bush's tax cut policies which honestly benefited my family that only makes $50k a year or when people such as Cindy Sheehan demonstrated against our soldiers & the Iraq War? I highly doubt it!
Yes, there were "shameful" and "despicable" activities yesterday. Chief among them were the refusals by elected officials such as yourself, selected to represent the views of all their constituents, to acknowledge the valid feelings of those voters. Whether you agree with them or not, your job, that you swore an oath to do, is to help uphold the rights of all the People, that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
If you can not support "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.", then I submit that you should immediately tender you resignation, madam.

Sincerely
Brian K. Welch
Athol, Idaho
United States of America

It's pretty obvious that you are a right-wing extremist. I mean, heck, you even live in Idaho! There's probably a satellite moving into position over your house right now.

Paula Richard
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

Sincerely
Brian K. Welch
Athol, Idaho
United States of America

Great letter, Brian. Who do these people represent? Certainly not us. It is sad that they are laughing at all of us that are concerned, and we are the people that put them there.

p

Patrick Johndrow
04-17-2009, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxKMr2wnhk

and people say CNN is does not have a liberal agenda

Yes...I attended the one here in Tulsa

BrianW
04-17-2009, 10:20 AM
It's pretty obvious that you are a right-wing extremist. I mean, heck, you even live in Idaho! There's probably a satellite moving into position over your house right now.
:lol:

I've been called a lot worse by a lot better people ;) than those who would set to "divide this house against itself" . :rolleyes:

If that's the label that some would put on me, so be it.
The mantle that I must wear in order to celebrate my freedom, I'll accept it.

The people who fought and died to establish this great country were called "traitors" and "enemies of the Crown" and were subject to horrible torture and the forfeit of all their assets & property, before death.

A pitifully small price for me to pay for the privilege of being an American compared to theirs.
And if there is a "sky spy" taking pix of my place, I hope they get a nice shot of my US & Gadsden flags with a clear view of the words, "DON'T TREAD ON ME"!

BrianW
04-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Great letter, Brian. Who do these people represent? Certainly not us. It is sad that they are laughing at all of us that are concerned, and we are the people that put them there. p

Thank you Paula!

Let them laugh, for while they do, they can't hear the "distant thunder" and prepare for the storm they are bringing upon themselves.
Let them claim to be "unaware" so that they will take the next elections for granted.
And finally, let them "hold their own event" to further demonstrate where the true American "arrogance" is, in order that people on ALL sides will finally say "Enough!"

Matt McKenzie
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Jeanine Garafolo quoted in the Washington Times:

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

So at least we have that going for us.... which is good.

road kill
04-17-2009, 11:40 AM

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

So at least we have that going for us.... which is good.
Uhhhhhhh....what about all the Black People that attended??
Did she SEE the crowds??

Paula Richard
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
:lol:

A pitifully small price for me to pay for the privilege of being an American compared to theirs.
And if there is a "sky spy" taking pix of my place, I hope they get a nice shot of my US & Gadsden flags with a clear view of the words, "DON'T TREAD ON ME"!

Uh oh, time to get the tin foil out to wear on our heads at night!!! :p

sinner
04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99
cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money."

-- Joe Weinstein

twall
04-18-2009, 11:09 AM
My wife and I ended up attending a TEA Party closer to home in Mansfield, OH. There were around 1000 people there. We had several politicians including the local congressman, Jim Jordan speak. The best speech was by one of the local judges.

The funniest part was this guy, I think they were male, who looked like he had just rushed out of bed wearing an Obama button. This guy though he was some kind of undercover agent. He was walking around with a small digital camcorder held just above his waist. Periodically he would stop and slowly turn in a full circle. Who knows if he was actually recordinging anything. I don't think anyone there was trying to hide their appearance. It was pretty sad and pathetic.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,

Tom

PS I guess by the sec of DHS standards I should expect a 24 hour FBI tail considering I have 4 different bumper stickers that qualify me as a rightwing radical. Anti-abortion, TEA's enough already, NRA and homeschooling.

Legacy 6
04-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Neil Cavuto had a guest on Thursday who said the Tea Parties were stupid and lame because it was like someone protesting Sears for increasing the cost of her lipstick...

In the Left's efforts to downplay the importance of these events, they completely lose sight of reality...

Unless this women spends 40-50% of her yearly income on lipstick, I think this was a terrible comparison and really showed how "lame and stupid" even the Best of the Left's spokespersons are at voicing their own "reasoned" point of view.

I've always wanted someone (smarter than me) to breakdown where and how money is spent in the US.

For example: Coming right out of our paychecks, we pay for Social Security, Fed and State income taxes, etc etc etc.

Then after we get our reduced paychecks, we put money into our personal retirement accounts, and we either pay taxes on the money going into the account, or we pay taxes on the money as we take it out when we retire (which seems unfair to pay income taxes on money we already paid income taxes on before we put it in/before we even got that money in the first place). Then if we buy a car, we pay sales tax (even if we buy it from a person rather than a dealership), if we go grocery shopping, buy shoes, paint, gas... everything we spend money on is TAXED!!

We get taxed before we get it, after we get it, and on what we save for ourselves, and then taxed on taking the money out that we saved for ourselves... That's a double, triple, or quadruple dip for the government.

Watch the movie "the Matrix" again, but perceive that instead of machines using us for batteries, it's the government using us for income. The government doesn't see us as anything more than a source of income (and power).

BrianW
04-19-2009, 12:31 PM

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. ... It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

The only thing that Janeane Garofalo's self-aggrandizing, pseudo-intellectual, stereotype filled rant served to do is illustrate the she is just as much filled with hate and bigotry as the "racists" she claims to abhor and Olbermann's syncophantic nodding/agreement with her simply proves that he is no journalist as there was no objectivity on that show at all. At least someone like Glenn Beck will look you in the eye & tell you straight up that his show IS about opinion.

The Tea Party that I attended WAS about color! But it was not about racism, even up here in North Idaho, former home of the Aryan Nations.
It was not about "black" or "white" or the color of a man, rather, it was about GREEN as in the color of money.

The United States is a debt addict, a disease far more dangerous & destructive than any drug such as heroin, crack, or meth. While a drug addict may steal from his family and community to support his habit, for the most part it affects an individuals life & this generation.
This country's debt addiction though, is jeopardizing a way of life and it's behaviors will have effects felt for generations to come.
The TDTPs were an intervention, a beginning of the "tough love" that the enablers & co-dependents such as Keith & Janeane can't bring themselves to accept as necessary in this case, because they hate America and what it represents. For as one of our speakers in CDA put it, "This is a LOVEFEST!". We were there, not because we hate "a black man in the White House", but because we love our country and what it has represented for 233 years. The opportunity that has been such a beacon of hope for millions over the globe and through the years, even if they don't live here, but that may not be there for our descendants yet to be born. If one truly loves the addict in their life, there comes a time when "Enough is ENOUGH!" You stand up, put them on notice and say "I'm NOT going to let you do this to yourself and me anymore!"

So go ahead, Ms Garafolo, enjoy your continued self delusion about the "tens of racists" that banded together last Weds. If there were truly only that many attendees, then you have nothing to be concerned about.
But WE know better, and deep down so do you.

greg ye
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Brian, Well said!!

Paula Richard
04-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Brian, Well said!!

ditto!!

P.