PDA

View Full Version : TT Classic 70 G2 EXP

Erin Lynes
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Opinions on this collar?

I have the opportunity to buy a new Classic 70 at a great price - this will be my first e-collar. Apparently it has 6 levels of continuous stimulation, but no momentary setting. How do people like that? For me, I'm thinking it might make it easier only having the one button to worry about, but maybe there is a perk to momentary that I haven't thought of??? If it matters, the dog the collar is intended for will be trained for hunt tests and practical hunting.

Comments welcome!

GulfCoast
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
You can "nick" by just tapping the continuous button.

Fowl Play WA
04-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Opinions on this collar?

I have the opportunity to buy a new Classic 70 at a great price - this will be my first e-collar. Apparently it has 6 levels of continuous stimulation, but no momentary setting. How do people like that? For me, I'm thinking it might make it easier only having the one button to worry about, but maybe there is a perk to momentary that I haven't thought of??? If it matters, the dog the collar is intended for will be trained for hunt tests and practical hunting.

Comments welcome!

This is the collar we started with. It's extremely simple, which is good for me;). It has been extremely reliable, keeps a charge for a couple of days or more (After 2 days I always put it on the charger). We just bought an Pro 100, but still use the 70 every day.

lennie
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
I bought the Classic 70 G2 Exp. last fall, I bought it because I have six dogs and I walk them all everyday. I had to carry three receivers before and now only one. It has been great for that use. Also, when training in the field, I don't have to stop and change collar from dog to dog. All plus's. On the negative side, I have already had to have 2 replaced under warranty. Not a problem, the company has been great, but I waited till the collar said to charge and wore out the battery packs on one and the other just quit working.
Also, compared to my pro 500 and my 200 lite (really old) this collar seems quite hot! Even a tap on the button makes a couple of my dogs yelp on a 2! I prefer to use the 500 for training becuase the momentary is truly momentary and I don't have to think about it.
If I didn't need a multiple dog setup, I would probably not buy this collar (I wanted a Pro 100), but for multiple dogs it is good.

RandyWallace
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I bought the Classic 70 G3 earlier this year when they first came out. Its about the same as the G2. I have no complaints. Nice unit.