PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson answer gun control

Richard Halstead
04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Popular gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson announced a new public relations campaign today in conjunction with the release of their newest handgun, the S&W 180D ..44 Magnum (picture attached). "The campaign is aimed at convincing (no pun intended) some of the more liberal proponents of gun control that handguns are not a bad thing and are, in fact, an American tradition to be proud of," said a company spokesperson. "We believe that getting this gun into the hands of the right people will effectively end their resistance to a free market approach to gun sales and quiet their arguments for further government control of handguns." In an unprecedented show of good will towards the anti-gun lobby, the company will be giving one of the new handguns for free to any public official who has previously spoken out in favor of gun control and government regulation of the handgun manufacturing industry (and the list is quite a long one). The company has not indicated when it will be actually placing the new gun on the market for sales to the public, but has indicated that it is accepting nominations for individuals who people believe should get one of the free guns. "The public should not worry about this," said the spokesperson, "we are going to make sure that some of the highest elected officials get a chance to shoot one of these!"

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f1308%5fAFbsjkQAAEPHSe0pqQrQQ0rNOi E&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

BrianW
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Since the pic didn't attach
http://www.truckstopusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25885

(and the list is quite a long one).No kidding! I can think of SEVERAL that I'd love to "nominate" for that special honor.

Raymond Little
04-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Too bad we cannot nominate a public official to be shot with one of S&W's new pistols, Now that woud be a new twist on marketing.;)

dback
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Actually ... that is just a reintroduction of a 27 year old previously shelved model 'The Smith & Wessonski' ;-)

road kill
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Quite frankly, the ones who should use this would likely miss!!

Bob Gutermuth
04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Every liberal in congress should get one and a couple of rounds. Where can I send a contribution to by the ammo for them?

Raymond Little
04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Every liberal in congress should get one and a couple of rounds. Where can I send a contribution to by the ammo for them?
Bob, they only need one round each to do the right thing for the country.;)

TexasEd
05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
In Texas we call that an Aggie pistol.

kjrice
05-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Actually ... that is just a reintroduction of a 27 year old previously shelved model 'The Smith & Wessonski' ;-)
..:D:D:D..

Smith and Pelosi

Uncle Bill
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice to see that company with a touch of reality. Wasn't all that long ago, S&W was bending over and grabbing their ankles for the gun control crowd. Apparently the gun slingers boycott got their attention.:rolleyes:

UB