PDA

View Full Version : Hr45

Bruce MacPherson
04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Flying below the radar screen perhaps. HR 45, proposed Jan 6 by Bobby Rush(D) Illinois and now in the subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. Basically would make it illegal to own a firearm- any rifle with a clip or any pistol UNLESS
It is registered, You are fingerprinted, you supply a current drivers license, you supply your Social Security number, you submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their (the governments) choosing.
You can check it out at the Library of Congress website.

If this has been discussed I hadn't heard about it. I am not about to allow my second amendment rights to go quietly away.

Mac

JDogger
04-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Flying below the radar screen perhaps. HR 45, proposed Jan 6 by Bobby Rush(D) Illinois and now in the subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. Basically would make it illegal to own a firearm- any rifle with a clip or any pistol UNLESS
It is registered, You are fingerprinted, you supply a current drivers license, you supply your Social Security number, you submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their (the governments) choosing.
You can check it out at the Library of Congress website.

If this has been discussed I hadn't heard about it. I am not about to allow my second amendment rights to go quietly away.

Mac

Yes, it has been discussed. On this board. Enter in the search function ,
"Bobby Rush" , you will be directed to the threads discussing this issue.

This type of legislation never makes it out of committee without co-sponsorship, and there is none on this proposed bill.

JD

a guntoting, second amendment liberal, (OMG! can there be such a thing?)

Yes, virginia...we're all over the place.