PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration to release Bush-era detainee photos

Cody Covey
04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-interrogate24-2009apr24,0,4199113.story?track=rss

badbullgator
04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Not sure why, what good is it going to do anyone? Maybe they are afraid it will be leaked if they don't. The araib worl will cry and bitch without ever thinking about the beheadings and thing they have done

K.Bullock
04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
A backlash in the Middle East? Oh gosh no! If we make them mad they might do something crazy....:rolleyes:

Maybe Obama will send Castro and Chavez to reason with them.

badbullgator
04-24-2009, 11:55 AM
A backlash in the Middle East? Oh gosh no! If we make them mad they might do something crazy....:rolleyes:

Maybe Obama will send Castro and Chavez to reason with them.

Not really the point, what good will come from it?
Sleeping dogs regards

Ken Newcomb
04-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Like the news said "only if they release the photos of Pearls beheading with them"

Patrick Johndrow
04-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I am surprised that you all are surprised these nut jobs are releasing the photos....NObama is the Anti-Christ

Cody Covey
04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
dont think any of us said surprised. lol

twall
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
The biggest American apologists ever, who won't prove his citizenship. If you had written a script of what would happen the past 100 days 20 years ago you couldn't have sold the story to anyone. It would have been too unbelievable!

Tom

YardleyLabs
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
The biggest American apologists ever, who won't prove his citizenship. If you had written a script of what would happen the past 100 days 20 years ago you couldn't have sold the story to anyone. It would have been too unbelievable!

Tom
Don't ever let facts interfere with polemics. He has proved his citizenship over and over, most recently in documents submitted to the Supreme Court. Can you prove yours?:rolleyes:

Bruce MacPherson
04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Not really the point, what good will come from it?
Sleeping dogs regards

Gives his buddies on the left what they've waited all these years for, someone, anyone from the Bush administration that they think they can go after. Political retribution at it's finest. Unfortunately this President is'nt tough enough to tell the nutcases in his own party to take a hike.

jefflab5
04-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Just remember what happened overseas when someone drew a CARTOON that they didn't like!!!! Wait until they see some pictures of their own in not so flattering circumstances.

I am not one for blood a gore and insulting families of victims, but some here have had a valid point. Let the American people actually see what the extremists over there did to our soldiers / citizens. I think then there maybe an overall different tone begin to come to the surface.

But as I type I realize that some on here will say our soldiers and others over there deserved what they got. When their heads were seprated from their bodies and dumped in the streets.

ErinsEdge
04-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Gives his buddies on the left what they've waited all these years for, someone, anyone from the Bush administration that they think they can go after.

And what if something happens under his watch that he should have known, then does he realize he can he be held responsible when he leaves office. No, he can do no wrong.

Patrick Johndrow
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Just remember what happened overseas when someone drew a CARTOON that they didn't like!!!! Wait until they see some pictures of their own in not so flattering circumstances.

So there is an upside to pissing off the crazies. We should have never had detainees to begin with.

Pistol slug and shallow grave regards ;)

sinner
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

badbullgator
04-26-2009, 08:48 AM
So there is an upside to pissing off the crazies. We should have never had detainees to begin with.

Pistol slug and shallow grave regards ;)

While I like the way you think Patrick I do believe we have gotten some intelligence out of some of them. A bullet is get but we need to waterboard them first to get what we can then shoot them

Patrick Johndrow
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
While I like the way you think Patrick I do believe we have gotten some intelligence out of some of them. A bullet is get but we need to waterboard them first to get what we can then shoot them

We already know all we need to know about those crazy people. A Colonel in the USMC told me 20 years age the only way to deal with religious fanatics is to kill them. At the time I thought that was fairly gloomy and rough assessment but totally agree with his assessment now.

YardleyLabs
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
We already know all we need to know about those crazy people. A Colonel in the USMC told me 20 years age the only way to deal with religious fanatics is to kill them. At the time I thought that was fairly gloomy and rough assessment but totally agree with his assessment now.
That could certainly put a dent in our own population.

Fanaticism tends to be a matter of perspective. Are you a fanatic if your beliefs are correct, or only if they are mis-guided? Who gets to judge?

I fear all religious fanatics equally regardless of the nature of their faith, and I don't care whether or not their beliefs are "right". Few things are scarier than someone doing "God's Will." Personally, I prefer to live in a world with room for all, but my tolerance doesn't extend to permitting religious fanatics to determine the agenda for the rest of us, which is why I believe in secular government.

Patrick Johndrow
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
That could certainly put a dent in our own population.

Fanaticism tends to be a matter of perspective. Are you a fanatic if your beliefs are correct, or only if they are mis-guided? Who gets to judge?

I fear all religious fanatics equally regardless of the nature of their faith, and I don't care whether or not their beliefs are "right". Few things are scarier than someone doing "God's Will." Personally, I prefer to live in a world with room for all, but my tolerance doesn't extend to permitting religious fanatics to determine the agenda for the rest of us, which is why I believe in secular government.

If their buddies show up dead or not at all they tend to reevaluate their beliefs