PDA

View Full Version : Missouri River Retriever Club

Debbie
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
The Missouri River Retriever Club has just made application to AKC to hold its Fall Licensed Field Trial on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, September 5-7, 2009 at Whetstone Creek Conservation Area and private grounds near Williamsburg, MO.

Open and Derby will begin on Saturday.
Amateur and Qualifying will begin on Sunday.

Other stake information, judges and premium are now online at Entry Express.

As soon as we get our "permission to conflict" letter from the Mid-Illinois club, our application will be finalized and online entries will be opened.

Debbie Bohnsack
MRRC Secretary/FT Secretary

birdthrower51
04-28-2009, 01:50 PM
It will be hard for some to take Monday off. I am sure you had good reasons to hold the trial Sat-Monday.

Keith Holsted
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Debbie, Is this a misprint? Are you starting on friday??? Thanks Keith

Debbie
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Forget everything I wrote before.

The Mid-Illinois Retriever Club Board of Directors voted to NOT GIVE the Missouri River Retriever Club permission to hold a conflicting field trial on Labor Day weekend 2009.

We are now frantically looking for new trial grounds to hold our FT either the last weekend of September or first weekend of October and will post an update as soon as we have more information.

Debbie Bohnsack
MRRC Secretary

Kim Williams
05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Geez clubs come on here and complain about big trials and this one blocks you from having a trial. Maybe they are just taking it out on you for using EE.

Now you have to beg Jayhawk, St louis Lab club and Topeka. Oh wait, no problem they all use EE.

K G
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
The Missouri River Retriever Club has just made application to AKC to hold its Fall Licensed Field Trial on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, September 5-7, 2009 at Whetstone Creek Conservation Area and private grounds near Williamsburg, MO.

Open and Derby will begin on Saturday.
Amateur and Qualifying will begin on Sunday.

Other stake information, judges and premium are now online at Entry Express.

As soon as we get our "permission to conflict" letter from the Mid-Illinois club, our application will be finalized and online entries will be opened.

Debbie Bohnsack
MRRC Secretary/FT Secretary

This was a valiant try by a club to use LABOR DAY as part of their weekend trial dates. Seems to me there would be LESS time taken off by participants if another club would cooperate....

How far apart are the grounds for these two events, Debbie?

kg

Steve
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Now you have to beg Jayhawk, St louis Lab club and Topeka. Oh wait, no problem they all use EE.

St. Louis Lab club will not be holding any field trial events in the near future.

Aaron Homburg
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
This was a valiant try by a club to use LABOR DAY as part of their weekend trial dates. Seems to me there would be LESS time taken off by participants if another club would cooperate....

How far apart are the grounds for these two events, Debbie?

kg

Mapquest says 243 miles. Seems to me the derby points chasers would love to have them this close and have one derby on sat and the other on fri.

What do I know regards,

Aaron

K G
05-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately the AKC does not use land miles to figure distances. They use some sort of "city to city" of the trial via air miles configuration. Physical location might be 20 miles further than the city listed on the application, but the city is used to determine distance.....

kg

Debbie
05-08-2009, 04:39 PM
AKC uses the longitude and latitude of the locations listed as the field trial locations and plugs this information into some sort of computer program and comes up with an "as the crow flies" distance - which in our case has been determined to be 173 miles.

But as anybody who has had to drive from central Missouri to this Illinois trial knows, this 173 miles is mostly via two-lane state and county highways and takes a whole lot longer than 173 miles via interstate.