PDA

View Full Version : Why is it OK ????

Steve Amrein
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Why when someone use the N word or use a a non PC term for gay is it hate speech. Don Imus lost his job for nappy headed ho. Now Miss California the best I have heard her described is a Homophobe because she believes marriage to be between a man and woman (how dare she). Then the hack oberman goes so far over the line that he cant see the line. Where is the outrage ? Hopefully Miss California has a bad azz lawyer and this time next year she will own obermans network and oberman will be cutting her lawn. But alas being white heterosexual Christian must make you a lesser class citizen that does not have the same rights as others.

Bob Gutermuth
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Liberals only allow freedom of speech when they agree with the speech.

YardleyLabs
05-01-2009, 02:18 PM
As one who never watches beauty pageants or Keith Olbermann, I was completely unaware of this latest storm in a teacup.

It seems to me that nothing has happened that is at all surprising or even inappropriate. Miss California went into the interview portion of a "contest" where she is expected, as everyone knows, to answer every question with her hopes for world peace and universal happiness. Instead she gave a marginally coherent and contradictory (saying on one hand that she was happy that there was a choice between "same sex" or "opposites" marriage and then saying that in "her country" no such choice should exist.) response stating an opinion on a controversial issue. That is guaranteed to hurt your chances in a beauty contest regardless of the position stated. In her case, however, it does not appear to have hurt much since, out of the 50 different candidates, she placed second -- a pretty good showing.

Since then she has actively sought to use the situation to push a personal agenda that is less about marriage than it is about herself -- most specifically the fact that she did not win. That makes her, if nothing else, a poor loser who is saying by implication that the winner did not deserve the job. In context, the fact that she has had breast implants looked like raw meat to the lions. The irony and the opportunities for humor are irresistible. I have no sympathy.

WaterDogRem
05-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Her answer was a little hard to understand and maybe even contradictory, probably because she was trying to give some kind of politically correct pageant answer. In the end, I give her a lot of credit for standing up for her beliefs and saying what the majority of people also believe.

Terry Britton
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
As one who never watches beauty pageants or Keith Olbermann, I was completely unaware of this latest storm in a teacup.

It seems to me that nothing has happened that is at all surprising or even inappropriate. Miss California went into the interview portion of a "contest" where she is expected, as everyone knows, to answer every question with her hopes for world peace and universal happiness. Instead she gave a marginally coherent and contradictory (saying on one hand that she was happy that there was a choice between "same sex" or "opposites" marriage and then saying that in "her country" no such choice should exist.) response stating an opinion on a controversial issue. That is guaranteed to hurt your chances in a beauty contest regardless of the position stated. In her case, however, it does not appear to have hurt much since, out of the 50 different candidates, she placed second -- a pretty good showing.

Since then she has actively sought to use the situation to push a personal agenda that is less about marriage than it is about herself -- most specifically the fact that she did not win. That makes her, if nothing else, a poor loser who is saying by implication that the winner did not deserve the job. In context, the fact that she has had breast implants looked like raw meat to the lions. The irony and the opportunities for humor are irresistible. I have no sympathy.

She was asked her opinion, and should not be punished for her opinion or values. The left on this one looks like the loser.

Cody Covey
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Since then she has actively sought to use the situation to push a personal agenda that is less about marriage than it is about herself -- most specifically the fact that she did not win. That makes her, if nothing else, a poor loser who is saying by implication that the winner did not deserve the job. In context, the fact that she has had breast implants looked like raw meat to the lions. The irony and the opportunities for humor are irresistible. I have no sympathy.For the record the judges said that she lost because of that question so its not her tirading around saying the person who won sucks and she should've won. She is saying that she lost because of the question, and the judges not only agree but said it first.

YardleyLabs
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
For the record the judges said that she lost because of that question so its not her tirading around saying the person who won sucks and she should've won. She is saying that she lost because of the question, and the judges not only agree but said it first.
Did she lose because of the content of her answer or because the phrasing of her answer was not as good as the person that won?

In a field trial the winner is usually going to be the dog that aces the money bird in the last series assuming thigs are otherwise close. As I said, I don't watch pageants and certainly didn't see this one. I would have given her answer a low score because it was contradictory and poorly phrased. The fact that it was political would have bothered me less from a personal perspective but would have been an issue if I wanted a non-controversial representative. Would you have felt the same if her opinion was to get rid of handguns now? How was the answer that was given by the person that won? Was it contradictory as well?

BonMallari
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Does anyone remember who actually won......it was Miss North Carolina...whats really a shame is that both sides are milking the story for all that its worth and then some..I was very proud of Miss Cali, I think her agent will make a career for her from this episode...besides she is hotttttttt....implants or not

Goose
05-01-2009, 04:03 PM
You mean to tell me they allow pageant contestants to have implants? Say it aint so!

Matt McKenzie
05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
You mean to tell me they allow pageant contestants to have implants? Say it aint so!

That almost makes it seem like a superficial beauty contest.

Steve Amrein
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Look I could not actually give a crap about miss Cali except for her treatment, Here is a link to obermans 5 minute rant. This kind of name calling tirade would have anyone else fired by now if the same treatment would have been against anyone else that was not a white Christian. I am sorry if you think its tea cup worthy but this sort of crap is what the left is throwing up I mean out at every chance the have 15 seconds in front of a microphone or TV camera.

Here is the link to his and allhose guests commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyigH_tHp-s

Let me know the diff between this and nappy ho

BonMallari
05-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Keith Olberman is an idiot....do you know where he got his start....as our local sports anchor on KCBS in Los Angeles before he got the ESPN gig, he has zero credibility when it come to political commentary....I cant even tell you the last time I watched MSNBC,CNBC or NBC for that matter...I miss Tim Russert, only credible guy that network ever had

Gun_Dog2002
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Did she lose because of the content of her answer or because the phrasing of her answer was not as good as the person that won?

In a field trial the winner is usually going to be the dog that aces the money bird in the last series assuming thigs are otherwise close. As I said, I don't watch pageants and certainly didn't see this one. I would have given her answer a low score because it was contradictory and poorly phrased. The fact that it was political would have bothered me less from a personal perspective but would have been an issue if I wanted a non-controversial representative. Would you have felt the same if her opinion was to get rid of handguns now? How was the answer that was given by the person that won? Was it contradictory as well?

The prairie fairy that asked the question went back to his blog and not only stated she lost because her viewpoint on the question but then proceeded to call her all kinds of names. She lost not because of how she formulated the answer, but because the politics of her answer goes against the liberal viewpoint. Please explain to me why its ok for the judge to call her a "bitch" yet if we call him a "queer" or "faggot" that a hate crime? Keep in mind she has yet to call him anything derogatory. Who has more class? There's always a double standard with the liberal crowd....

/Paul

Bob Gutermuth
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Olberman is a dufus

TJDRESCH
05-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Please explain to me why its ok for the judge to call her a "bitch" yet if we call him a "queer" or "faggot" that a hate crime? Keep in mind she has yet to call him anything derogatory. Who has more class? There's always a double standard with the liberal crowd..../Paul

I could not agree more. Great question

Pete
05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Oberman and his boy friend are obviously heterophobes

Pete

badbullgator
05-02-2009, 08:08 AM
My grandmother had a good take on all of this. She was in her 80's when she told me that she though people who are offended by words, be it the F word, N word or what have you are silly, they are just words and only you can let them offend you
She was a big on the sticks and stones thing.
I have a problem with blacks using the N word like it is nothing, but whiety says it and look out. I have some gay friends and they throw around queer, fag, and others like it is nothing. If they can say it why can't the rest of the world.
As far as hate crimes go, what the heck is the difference? If I kick your teeth in becasue your queer (I would do that of course) why is it more of a crime that if I just kick someones teeth in for no reason?

Bob Gutermuth
05-02-2009, 09:53 AM
So called 'hate crimes' are a crock. Getting extra time tacked onto your sentence because you assault minority or someone with a different sexual preferrence makes little sense when you consider that crimes against defenseless persons are not considered for extra time. If someone attacks an elderly person(happens all the time, they are easy targets) or a child(again easy targets) ought to carry stiffer penalties.

zeus3925
05-03-2009, 09:58 PM
So they all have shapes like 40 dollar cows. Who cares? Its just a fancy cattle show any way. Besides you guys ain't gonna get within 6 counties of them anyway.

Steve
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
So they all have shapes like 40 dollar cows. Who cares? Its just a fancy cattle show any way. Besides you guys ain't gonna get within 6 counties of them anyway.

Not quite true. I was at Atlantic city in 1987 and got to meet several of the state winners and got a hug from Miss Ohio. It helped that I was a Marine in dress blues.:cool:

And to follow up on what Corey said, I thought it was pathetic the way Donovan McNabb reacted to what Limbaugh said. I can't believe that someone who can play in Philly, can be so insecure that he is bothered by what Rush said. Same deal with the Rutgers girls.

BrianW
05-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Why when someone use the N word or use a a non PC term for gay is it hate speech.
Because we have become a nation (world?) of professional victims.

But alas being white heterosexual Christian must make you a lesser class citizen that does not have the same rights as others.Seems to me she's asserting her "right to victimhood" as much as any other "oppressed" minority.
Accept that it was not "God's will", "forgive those who trespass against you" and move on. :rolleyes:
Unless Miss NC does something to get her title taken away, Ms Prejean is not going to be Miss USA this year.
Jmtc, but while she gave her somewhat disjointed opinion on marriage, she did not answer the question the "judge" asked.

Olbermann's caricature of journalism shouldn't surprise anyone, I consider him about as credible as Geraldo, Phil Donahue etc and don't/didn't watch those shows either! He might be good with lawns though as he seems to put a lot of crap out there.

Legacy 6
05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I don't get what Olberman's deal is... he makes fun of her for having breast augmentation done, and then also reports that one of the Miss USA/Cali people say they are common...

But he reports on it like she's the ONLY one, and she should be ashamed for it. And because she has them, her opinion is somehow invalid?? So she stumbled a little in her answer...?

I don't think her answer was contradictory at all. She said in her home, marriage is between a man and a woman. That's what she believes, and she doesn't want to offend anyone over it. She never said that it was an immoral choice for others, just for her.

I always thought that if there was a person who would hammer you over the most inane issues, that you must be doing everything right. If that's all KO can come up with to trash Miss Cali, then I think she's doing it right.

Besides, when someone who has no credibility says YOU have no credibility... who gives a _____?

zeus3925
05-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Keith Olberman is an idiot....do you know where he got his start....as our local sports anchor on KCBS in Los Angeles before he got the ESPN gig, he has zero credibility when it come to political commentary....I cant even tell you the last time I watched MSNBC,CNBC or NBC for that matter...I miss Tim Russert, only credible guy that network ever had

Look at Limbaugh's credentials. He has always been just a radio guy. He didn't pass anything in college--even flunked ballroom dancing. But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?

Hew
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?
No, Limbaugh's an entertainer and has never pretended to be othewise. Olberman was an MSNBC anchorman until his partisan buffoonery got him axed. His hackery was so overt that even the NBC News side of the network thought it was over-the-top (now that's saying something) and lead the charge for his ouster.

road kill
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Look at Limbaugh's credentials. He has always been just a radio guy. He didn't pass anything in college--even flunked ballroom dancing. But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?

Is that what the left calls NEWS reporters now??

zeus3925
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Is that what the left calls NEWS reporters now??

I don't know what the left calls reporters --can't say I care. They were called commentators when I was in my formative years. Guess that's what I call them.

Bob Gutermuth
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Rush is honest with the analysis he gives ,Olberdork is a stinking shill for the commies and far left period, he shouldn't be on the air unless its Radio Moscow.

zeus3925
05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Rush is honest with the analysis he gives ,Olberdork is a stinking shill for the commies and far left period, he shouldn't be on the air unless its Radio Moscow.

Now, Bob, lets not get too wound up. The First Amendment protects all our rights to free speech, including speech we don't like. Doesn't matter if the speech is John Birchism, Libertarianism, Commie or in between.

Skybuster
05-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Zeus3925 makes a great argument against the fairness doctrine or any similar measure. As for Ms. Prejeans' fake boobs, I prefer them over the pair of real boobs discussing them.

YardleyLabs
05-05-2009, 07:03 AM

Bob, this sounds like you are really saying "I agree with what this intelligent, wise, and honest man is saying, but I disagree with everything that comes out of the mouth of that idiotic, lying, weasel." In my 9th grade English class, my teacher introduced us to the essence of propaganda. He read two stories from Time magazine about two different candidates for President arriving in their campaign aircraft. One arrived in an airplane that was sleek, modern and Presidential. The other arrived in an airplane that was pretentious and fat like an overfed pig. The only problem was that the two airplanes involved were identical.:rolleyes:

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Zeus3925 makes a great argument against the fairness doctrine or any similar measure.

Free speech doesn't exist unless you can horn in and give your pitch once and a while.

road kill
05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't know what the left calls reporters --can't say I care. They were called commentators when I was in my formative years. Guess that's what I call them.

Well he is on a NEWS channel.
He is supposedly reporting the NEWS.
And he is most assuredly not entertaining.

Not sure what he is.

(Well I am, but I won't post it here)

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Well he is on a NEWS channell.
He is supposedly reporting the NEWS.
And he is most assuredly not entertaining.

Not sure what he is.

(Well I am, but I won't post it here)
So, do you want government regulators telling NBC they can't put Olberman on a news channel?

Commentators have traditionally appeared on news outlets. Some of the great ones that come to mind were Eric Sevareid, Daniel Schorr, Drew Pearson , Paul Harvey --all had a way of reporting events while giving their reflections on them as well. Opinion pages appear in newspapers as well.

Is he repoting straight up news? Nah. I don't rely on Olberman, Mahre, the McLaughlin Report, O'Rielly or Limbaugh for news sources. But, I enjoy hearing different views on things. Whether these guys are entertaining or not, is a matter of perspective -- whether or not your ox is getting gored.:)

road kill
05-05-2009, 02:55 PM
So, do you want government regulators telling NBC they can't put Olberman on a news channel?
Commentators have traditionally appeared on news outlets. Some of the great ones that come to mind were Eric Sevareid, Daniel Shore, Drew Pearson , Paul Harvey --all had a way of reporting events while giving their reflections on them as well. Opinion pages appear in newspapers as well.

Is he repoting straight up news? Nah. I don't rely on Olberman, Mahre, the McLaughlin Report, O'Rielly or Limbaugh for news sources. But, I enjoy hearing different views on things. Whether these guys are entertaining or not, is a matter of perspective -- whether or not your ox is getting gored.:)

No, the only people who should tell "NEWS" (;)) channels who to put on the air should be the people that watch (or don't watch).

Is that what you got from my post?

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
No, the only people who should tell "NEWS" (;)) channels who to put on the air should be the people that watch (or don't watch).

Is that what you got from my post?

Pretty much.

Steve Amrein
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I saw Miss Cali last night on Hannity. I was actually impressed, I thought she was just a hottie in a bathing suit. She was quite intelligent and was much to gracious to those who slammed her. Trump will not "fire" her and she will remain Miss California. It seams as she shares the same views as the POTUS and the majority of those in her state.

Since its perez thinks its OK to name call I will add this about perez hilton. You are a Heterophobe, You do a disservice to the gay community. You are ignorant and don't deserve to be a judge because you have no clue of what class is. You are a shallow little man.

road kill
05-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Pretty much.

I don't think so.