PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hillmann Seminar

Ritzie
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Last weekend the Pin Oak Hunting Retriever Club hosted a seminar with Bill Hillmann in Mayflower, Arkansas. The seminar was held on Saturday and Sunday. Bill presented a broad range of information which revolved around puppy work through the early transition stage. He shared numerous essential drills to advance a dogs marking, lining, and focus. All drills were demonstrated by Bill then followed up with participants running their own dogs with guidance from Bill. A key point in this seminar was the attitude of your dog. Bill stated a upbeat attitude along with balance will equal success. Each segment was followed by time for questions and answers. The Pig Roast on Saturday evening provided additional time to ask Bill questions and a chance to get to know him. This was an eventful weekend full of excellent material. I would highly recommend that anyone with a retriever attend one Bill's seminars if he decides to do one in the future.

I would like to thank a few people that made this seminar possible. They are: Larry McMurray (Pin Oak HRC), Alex Washburn, and Bill & Mary Hillmann. Also, special thanks to Jay Patton (and dogs) which allowed the seminar to run smoothy.

Tyler Sheppard
Bayou Meto Retrievers

frontier
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks to the club members who worked on this event and all others mentioned for putting on a very informative training weekend. You have great technical water in your training area. I met some really nice people and hope to see you all again in the Fall at your events.

This seminar motivated me to get busy again this Year!