PDA

View Full Version : CALIF - No So CA Derby or Qual dogs? Where are you?

helencalif
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Tomorrow May 4 the Double D-Q to be held on the same trial grounds at Lost Hillls, Calif., on May 16-17 will be closing at Entry Express.

Are there no Derby dogs or Qual dogs in So. Calif? Where are you? This Double D-Q needs your entries or the clubs will have to cancel.

A day before closing and there are only 4 Derby dogs entered (at least 2 are from N. Calif.) and -0- (ZERO!) have entered the Qualifying.

Sagehens Retriever Club D-Q is on Sat., May 16.
California South Coast D-Q is on Sun., May 17
Enter via Entry Express.

You have 2 chances to run a Derby or a Qualifying stake on the same grounds on the same weekend.

Lynn Moore
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Needs to be cancelled, the triple DQ ate them up!
Five in a month is too much for derby dogs when there are "real trials" to be run.
Just sayin,
for our dog for sure,
Lynn

helencalif
05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
I think the idea for having a D-Q at CRTA's grounds at Lost Hills, CA was that there would be owners with young dogs (trial or hunt test) who live in the So. Calif. area that would come to a D-Q which was held nearer to where they lived.

It isn't happening. As of 10 p.m. tonight, Mon., May 4, 24 hrs. before closing... there are only 4 entered in the Derby (2 are from N. Calif.) and only 2 dogs are entered in the Qual.

Theoretically speaking, D-Qs are an opportunity for hunt test folks to see how their dogs will do in field trial set ups with longer marks, longer blinds, and throwers-gunners in white coats. Or for HT dogs to become Qualified All Age.

The hunt test folks in N. Calif. came out in force for the triple D-Q just held in Central-North California at CRTA's Denverton grounds near Suisun last weekend. Friday's derby was the largest entry (34) -- largest because there were many dogs brought by the pros -- Jerry Patopea (8 dogs, I think), Amie Duke (4 or 5), Luann Pleasant, and Dennis Hayre on Friday.

I live in N. Calif. so I don't know what's up in So. Calif. and why there is no interest from that area for a D-Q held at Lost Hills.

I hope the entries pour in tomorrow for this D-Q. If not, the two clubs will have to cancel as Lynn has suggested.

Helen Graves

Annette
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Wish I could help but KC is in Montana. A lot of time and money has gone into this I hope you get the last minute entries.

Karen McCullah
05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
If anyone in the club has contact info for Inland Valley Retriever Club, Tony and Kate Urquidi, I'd contact them. They are a strong hunt club down there and they may have some people who are interested, but not if it's large entries. This may be a small enough trial to get them interested in trying one out!
Good luck!

DEDEYE
05-05-2009, 11:07 AM
That really sucks. Our clubs had to cancel all of our derbies last year because of no dogs.. I hope you get the entries!