PDA

View Full Version : Alarming trend!

road kill
05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Due to our failure as a people to maintain high morals, values & standards and the relentless attack from the left on our American culture creating the dumbing down to the least common denominater......it's statistically just a matter of time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

YardleyLabs
05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Maybe you should be asking why there is a clear relationship between economic prosperity and declining birth rate. That might provide better indications of effective approaches for reducing population growth worldwide. When India first began efforts to reduce population growth, one of te more successful strategies was to bring electricity to rural areas and build movie theaters. That was even more successful than education.

road kill
05-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe you should be asking why there is a clear relationship between economic prosperity and declining birth rate. That might provide better indications of effective approaches for reducing population growth worldwide. When India first began efforts to reduce population growth, one of te more successful strategies was to bring electricity to rural areas and build movie theaters. That was even more successful than education.

So, it's our fault that the Muslim demographic is growing at an alarming rate?

In the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind who has recieved the most?

Oh, yeah, Muslim countrys.
What the haves do with it is clearly not sharing with the have-nots

With all due respect, your spin won't work here.

K.Bullock
05-05-2009, 09:16 AM

That explains the Amish. ;-)

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't know if this development is "alarming". A high birth rate vs. a lower death rate normally accompanies emergent economies.

Muslims view contraception and abortion as sins as do some Christian faiths. Even in Christian societies were the religious prohibitions against contraception is strong, birthrate tends to drop, particularly as women become educated and enter the workforce. I suspect the same will happen as Muslim societies modernize.

YardleyLabs
05-05-2009, 10:19 AM

In the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind who has recieved the most?

Actually, I wasn't suggesting "fault" at all. I am suggesting that there are interesting issues about why prosperous peoples generally have declining birth rates (e.g. white Americans, most European countries, Japan, and China) and a separate set of interesting reasons why poorer peoples have higher birth rates (e.g., black and hispanic Americans, and the populations of most third world countries). If you prefer to view our own declining birth rate and the higher birth rates among poorer peoples as being the product of some conspiracy to attack Christian culture and steal our assets by sheer weight of numbers, you are welcome to do so. However, you are ignoring the fact that these same trends have been evident for the last century. The only thing that has changed has been the identities of the threatening hordes.

badbullgator
05-05-2009, 10:28 AM

Eh just to be clear since his example is India, India is not a Muslim country;-)

road kill
05-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Eh just to be clear since his example is India, India is not a Muslim country;-)
Did you watch the video?
If not, than you won't get the point.

The video is not about India, it is about Muslim Demographics.

If you watch it, I don't think you will like it.

Having said that, I only know a couple of absolutes in life.
One being;
"Nothing lasts forever!"

K.Bullock
05-05-2009, 11:00 AM

If you are looking to blame someone for the decline of Christianity you could start with the large segment of the population that calls itself Christian yet never steps foot in a church and has no idea what it believes at least until a beer commercial or self help book tells them. Or the wackos with big hair on TBN.:rolleyes:

As far as Muslim evangelism in Europe, Christianity in Europe has been waning for decades, the Muslims may as well use the churches, the descendants of Christians are not. Humanism and reason, which in my view can be religions in and of themselves, have replaced Christianity in Europe. The Muslims are evangelizing rootless post moderns not Christians.

I honestly believe that in the free market place of ideas Christianity has nothing to fear from other religions, I do not fear another religion so much as someone telling me I cannot practice my religion. Our current (outside) threat is not from Islam, it is in fact from our own government trying to limit what can and cannot be said from our pulpits.

Even this, from a historical perspective, is not bad news for a Christian, persecution and adversity have historically always strengthened the Church. We should be absolutely fearless.

road kill
05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
If you are looking to blame someone for the decline of Christianity you could start with the large segment of the population that calls itself Christian yet never steps foot in a church and has no idea what it believes at least until a beer commercial or self help book tells them. Or the wackos with big hair on TBN.:rolleyes:

As far as Muslim evangelism in Europe, Christianity in Europe has been waning for decades, the Muslims may as well use the churches, the descendants of Christians are not. Humanism and reason, which in my view can be religions in and of themselves, have replaced Christianity in Europe. The Muslims are evangelizing rootless post moderns not Christians.

I honestly believe that in the free market place of ideas Christianity has nothing to fear from other religions, I do not fear another religion so much as someone telling me I cannot practice my religion. Our current (outside) threat is not from Islam, it is in fact from our own government trying to limit what can and cannot be said from our pulpits.

Even this, from a historical perspective, is not bad news for a Christian, persecution and adversity have historically always strengthened the Church. We should be absolutely fearless.

I am not looking to "blame" anyone, but if I was, note the red portion of your post.

I believe I detailed where the decline of my vision of America came from.

I also found this video interesting.
It was sent to me from a devoted Christian & great friend.
I just thought it would be interesting to see the responses here.

And it is, so far.

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Just a point of interest, anybody here--How many Muslims do you actually know?

road kill
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I am not castigating Muslims.
I was just sharing a video sent to me describing the ultimate demise of MY culture.

I know about 12 or so, do you?

YardleyLabs
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Just a point of interest, anybody here--How many Muslims do you actually know?
I have known quite a few, including a brother-in-law, a nephew, and two nieces. Also several members of my church who married Christians and sought out a church where both would feel comfortable. Add to that a fair percentage of the kids that attended my school in Europe when I was a child, people I met in passing in Morocco, Turkey, Lebanon and Syria, and numerous kids that I have interviewed for admission to college over the last ten years.

zeus3925
05-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I have known many Muslims since my college days. My son-in-law is one. My doctor is one, too. I have been a guest in their homes. A number of them I have counted as friends. I have found none of them to menacing to non -Muslims. They have invited me to community dinners celebrating the end of Ramadan. Several Jewish rabbis as well as Christian clergymen were in attendance which surprised me.

I have had many discussions about religion with them of course.--mainly comparing mine with theirs.

That does that mean I am going to join up. I own three dogs and they are considered to be unclean animals. Just a lick of a dog requires elaborate washing before prayer. I am too irreverent to pray five times a day. Islam is just not my cup of tea.

I don't think Islam is going to make a big inroad here. For one thing, the initiation into the religion for males is the same for Judaism.

road kill
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I have known many Muslims since my college days. My son-in-law is one. My doctor is one, too. I have been a guest in their homes. A number of them I have counted as friends. I have found none of them to menacing to non -Muslims. They have invited me to community dinners celebrating the end of Ramadan. Several Jewish rabbis as well as Christian clergymen were in attendance which surprised me.

I have had many discussions about religion with them of course.--mainly comparing mine with theirs.

That does that mean I am going to join up. I own three dogs and they are considered to be unclean animals. Just a lick of a dog requires elaborate washing before prayer. I am too irreverent to pray five times a day. Islam is just not my cup of tea.

I don't think Islam is going to make a big inroad here. For one thing, the initiation into the religion for males is the same for Judaism.

Believe it or not......I guided a pheasant hunt for some Muslim guys.
When they shot the bird they had a ritual they performed.
Great guys, but I ain't drinkin' no blood!

Again, I am in no way castigating Muslims.

We Americans are creating our own demise.
I stated that in my opening.

I am also not intending to make a fight, just sharing someone's perspective.

stan b

zeus3925
05-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Culture is a dynamic thing. It is continuously changes. Ours is so fluid that it sometimes is difficult to see where it is headed. Overall, I would say that it is somewhat better than it was in the late 60's and 70's. But, it does appear to me it is much too prone to follow the Gospel of Self.