PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Cartoons

subroc
05-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Dr. Utopia
From 1948, animators Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera warn against Obamanomics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eredplanetcartoons%2Ecom%2F index%2Ephp%2F2009%2F05%2F02%2Fdr%2Dutopia%2F&feature=player_embedded

Pete
05-10-2009, 09:09 AM
If we still had cartoons like that today we wouldn't be in the slow boiling pot we are in now:D

Good one.
Many people have seen it comming for a long time. The water is bubbling for the general population and it could be to late.

Pete

Bob Gutermuth
05-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I wish the voters had known of this warning before election day 08, perhaps we would not be in this pickle.

Martin
05-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Good one! It's not too late. Vote , call, e-mail raise hell til they listen!

Bud Bass
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Whats your point? It's a 61yo cartoon talking about a lot of the same issues we have now. Obama had nothing to do with the cartoon, and does have a plan for the problems that his administration inherated. Give the guy a chance, you on the far right are in a distinct minority at this time, stop trying to creat turmoil. Bud

subroc
05-10-2009, 04:50 PM
My point?

ism...

and, the embracing of it.

Bob Gutermuth
05-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Osama didn't inherit half as many problems from W as his successors will have to take on in 2013.

Bud Bass
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Osama didn't inherit half as many problems from W as his successors will have to take on in 2013.

What Obama had inherited is fact, and clear. What succesive administrations will inhearit iw pure speculation and and you are most likely to be as wrong on this one as in your predictions that McCain would be our next pres. Bud

PS Bob, you are a bit confused or a bit of a trator, The United States is following thier elected leader, Obama, you seem to be still following Osama. Bud

subroc
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
...The United States is following thier elected leader, Obama,... Bud

Did you follow the last elected leader?

YardleyLabs
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Did you follow the last elected leader?
I've never thought of America as a follow the leader kind of place. I like to think we're more of a tolerate the leader until we throw him out kind of place and I like it that way.:p

subroc
05-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I've never thought of America as a follow the leader kind of place. I like to think we're more of a tolerate the leader until we throw him out kind of place and I like it that way.:p

I have no problem with that. I was questioninbg the assertion by AK that we are to follow our leaders, in this case obama, when presented the opportunity I wanted to know if he followed President George W. Bush.

Richard Halstead
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
What Obama had inherited is fact, and clear. What succesive administrations will inhearit iw pure speculation and and you are most likely to be as wrong on this one as in your predictions that McCain would be our next pres. Bud

If we blindly followed your ideas of not being dissatisfied we would still fly the Union Jack and singing God Save the Queen. Sorry time for my tea break.

JDogger
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I have no problem with that. I was questioninbg the assertion by AK that we are to follow our leaders, in this case obama, when presented the opportunity I wanted to know if he followed President George W. Bush.

Well, speaking only for myself, and not for AK. Yes, yes I did. And before him Clinton, Bush, and back to Eisenhower.
I've had differences with every administration in my lifetime. As an American though, I was brought up to respect the office, not the man. I was taught 'My President, right or wrong'. 'My country, right or wrong'.
First and foremost, I am a citizen of the United States of America. I will honor that above partisan differences.

JD