PDA

View Full Version : Obama taxing the needy to the tune of 6 billion

K.Bullock
05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/26.20.html

Specifically, Obama's plan calls for significantly reducing tax deductions for charitable giving for the wealthiest taxpayers (couples making $250,000 a year, and individuals making $200,000 a year). The new revenue that might be garnered from such a plan would largely help pay for health insurance coverage. While the plan's ultimate goal may be worthy, its effect will be to discourage charitable donations from the very people who supply a large portion of charitable funding. Some economists estimate that charities may lose up to $6 billion in gifts.

Patrick Johndrow
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah but he pushes all those services to the gooberment where he thinks they belong...this is all by design folks don't believe for a minute they are not thinking this through. The libs want to take control of EVERY THING.

zeus3925
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Poor little rich folks! Ain't my tax bracket. why should I care?

Terry Britton
05-15-2009, 12:00 AM

It is some of those wealthy people who are keeping Church's afloat while the regular people are worrying about jobs, food, and utilities.

It is also those people who create jobs through their investments in businesses. If they don't think the environment is safe to invest or create businesses, they will just hord the money or invest overseas with us losing jobs.

Bruce MacPherson
05-15-2009, 01:45 AM

Cuz your next.

Hoosier
05-15-2009, 03:03 AM

I'm not black, Hispanic, gay, Chinese, Native American, handicapped, or
fit into any other minority group. So by your logic, why should I care about them?

K.Bullock
05-15-2009, 07:30 AM

Maybe this is why.

The IRS's findings mean that the charitable, tax-exempt sector is just about the brightest spot in the $14 trillion American economy. Americans love to give. In 2007, giving increased by 4.5 percent, nearly twice the growth rate of the national economy.

Part of Obama's tax plan, unfortunately, seems to forget what charities do: provide services to the homeless, the drug-dependent, the jobless, and the frail elderly. We should encourage lawmakers to maintain a tax policy that motivates all donors to give and charities to grow their programs and strengthen their community relationships.

Obama will not hurt the rich at all, sorry to disappoint you.

The whole point is that taxing charitable giving will penalize the very people Obama said he would help. The rich will just keep the money or put it somewhere else that they can protect it from taxes. The losers will be those listed above that receive help from charitable organizations.

subroc
05-15-2009, 07:46 AM

Typical lefty. Incapable of seeing and understanding why he should care.

Nor_Cal_Angler
05-15-2009, 07:30 PM
fit into any other minority group. So by your logic, why should I care about them?

SO true, and sad that it takes this to even have a chance at having someone like Zeus or anyone that makes that kind of a statement see ANY LIGHT.

I second it, WHY SHOULD I CARE, what any other person with their hand out needs.

NCA

Patrick Johndrow
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM

That is the attitude that the left is promoting and that is what they will get.

badbullgator
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
It is some of those wealthy people who are keeping Church's afloat while the regular people are worrying about jobs, food, and utilities.

It is also those people who create jobs through their investments in businesses. If they don't think the environment is safe to invest or create businesses, they will just hord the money or invest overseas with us losing jobs.

Wasting your breath Terry you know those libs don't believe in God or foolishness like going to church. Only poor dumb folks cling to their bibles and guns

Patrick Johndrow
05-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Only poor dumb folks cling to their bibles and guns

And we use them both :)

Thomas D
05-15-2009, 10:48 PM
...and because of this looming out there you will probably see some very large charitable donations being made this year.

Richard Halstead
05-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Yeah but he pushes all those services to the gooberment where he thinks they belong...this is all by design folks don't believe for a minute they are not thinking this through. The libs want to take control of EVERY THING.

Judging from the number of times Obama has changed his mind I don't think it's all by design. I think he is planning on spending and dumb luck for the economy to recover. History has shown previous recessions have recovered but now we are so far in the hole they will have topipe in daylight.

Terry Britton
05-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Judging from the number of times Obama has changed his mind I don't think it's all by design. I think he is planning on spending and dumb luck for the economy to recover. History has shown previous recessions have recovered but now we are so far in the hole they will have topipe in daylight.

Acording to a guy in CT that has retired early, and has mentored me both on stock trading and MBA school, our governments recent actions will slow our recovery from 18 months to now predicting 5 to 10 years.

This same guy recomends that 401K's be invested in money markets. He did that with his 401K's during his full career, but actually invested his funds outside his 401K in stuff he could actually control.

Martin
05-16-2009, 07:54 AM

Because it will be your tax bracket one day..every tax bracket except the non paying tax bracket which is only getting bigger.

Martin
05-16-2009, 07:58 AM

And you are a fast growing minority...A white man.

We need the NAAAA...National association of the advancement of Anglo Americans...ROFL!