PDA

View Full Version : Greater Pittsburg Golden Retriever Club

Joe Dutro
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Has any one heard anything about the Greater Pittsburg Golden Retriever Club AKC test? I see on their web site its cancelled.

Joe Dutro
05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
OK, I just heard that they were unable to get a permit from the PA Game Commission. Thats really unfortunate. They always have put on a great test.
Joe Dutro

weebegoldens
05-19-2009, 06:10 AM
It is a shame that PA Game Commission couldn't work with them as much $$ as would be brought to the community in this economy..

They are a GREAT Club and have great events. Look forward to Labor day ;)

Joe Dutro
05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Megan, Your right. The test is a big money maker for the locals of PA. I saw the running order and it seemed that the entries were pretty good. I guess the state doesn't look at like that.
Joe Dutro

luvalab
05-19-2009, 08:31 AM
WHAT???????

That's craziness. What was the reason for denying it? Was it a paperwork snafu, or was it something more sinister?

weebegoldens
05-19-2009, 09:48 AM
There was a little controversy if they even needed it due to event held on PRIVATE grounds and no flyers. PA has alot of not to clear rules. This is one IMO ... PA also Requires 30 days to get permit. The windows was missed. PA would not budge. What is amazing is it is a 25.00 permit. GPGRC tried everything they could .. even asking if they could just get a late fee etc..... NOPE...

luvalab
05-19-2009, 10:17 AM
There was a little controversy if they even needed it due to event held on PRIVATE grounds and no flyers. PA has alot of not to clear rules. This is one IMO ... PA also Requires 30 days to get permit. The windows was missed. PA would not budge. What is amazing is it is a 25.00 permit. GPGRC tried everything they could .. even asking if they could just get a late fee etc..... NOPE...

That's too bad. They are a nice club and I've enjoyed their tests.

labraiser
05-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Why did the club wait to the end before applying for a permit? Hopefully someone takes the lead before the clock runs out.

Angie B
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Pennsylvania's game commission was always a huge PITA... More like Nazi's.

When living there the local game commission guys could really be bad in regards to training on private or public land. I was fortunate that I had a great one in my area who was always willing to work with me and was very supportive. But where this hunt test is being held the local game guys were always bad news, to the point of almost being harrassing to the clubs and locals when training or having a test/trial.

That's too bad. My son has always thrown for that test. It was great for him to see all the people he grew up with there, once a year.

Angie

labraiser
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I never had a problem with the game commision. Have been checked and even had a few watch us and have lunch with us too. Depends a lot on who you deal with.