PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why Obama uses a tele promptor?

Roger Perry
05-22-2009, 01:29 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm :lol:

subroc
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Ever wonder why Obama uses a tele promptor?

No

It's because he isn't really that adept at thinking on his feet?

Bob Gutermuth
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Its actually because like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, he doesn't have a brain.

Goose
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.

Julie R.
05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/racist.gif We all know why there isn't a site devoted to the moronic Obongoisms he predictably blithers whenever he's forced off script http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/rockfish.gif. As bad a speaker as Bush was, I cringe when I hear some of the things Obongo has said and done. 57 states? Special Olympics? Getting clubby with the Queen of England and giving her an Ipod? http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/AlsRaceCard.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/obamabounce1.gif

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/TLBsign.gif Newsflash, earth to Roger! Your guy won! Bush is not president any more, so better use all that spare time you spent to collect Bush quotes to defend your boy Obongo.

road kill
05-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Here is the upside.
Maybe it's better we DON'T hear his original thoughts!!

just sayin'

txbadger
05-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm still worried about who's telling him, small h intended, what to say..

Bob Gutermuth
05-23-2009, 07:58 AM
W may not have been the best speaker we have had in the White House, but at least he knew how to do the job. I don't care if Osama can speak like a Shakesperian actor he ain't Presidential.

Patrick Johndrow
05-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Because he is lying and without a script he can't keep his stories straight? That is my guess

Richard Halstead
05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Here is the upside.
Maybe it's better we DON'T hear his original thoughts!!

just sayin'

I don't think he has origional thoughts. I want to know who is really behind the curtain controlling the Great Wizard of Odd.

greg ye
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Give the guy a break, what can we expect from a Community Organizer Grad Student?

randy anderson
05-23-2009, 10:52 PM
If you really want to know who is controlling him it is the God Father Mayor (I can't speak worth a s**t) Daley. That is why he needs a teleprompter. Every thing he does is based on what Daley has told him that is why he needs a to have everything scripted. If you look real close you will see the fine strings hanging on OneBigA**MistakeAmerica and if you see he is always looking up wondering what Daley will do next.

Marvin S
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
It is interesting that Doonesbury has picked up on this :eek:, it will also be interesting to see if it becomes the Messiah's signature. ;-)

Roger Perry
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/racist.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/AlsRaceCard.gif http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/obamabounce1.gif

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/TLBsign.gif Newsflash, earth to Roger! Your guy won! Bush is not president any more, so better use all that spare time you spent to collect Bush quotes to defend your boy Obongo.

Sorry, Obama is not my guy. I am a registered independent and have no party affiliation. If I see Obama screwing up or lying like Bush 43 did I will speak out against him as I did with Bush.

With Obama being in office for only a few months, it is too soon for me to form an opinion one way or another about his administration.

txbadger
05-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Lemme help Roger, I'll start with his, to paraphrase, I don't want to run the auto industry... 50m down the drain and We do. Or let's look at torture ... we won't do but we condone it and let our "friends", say the Saudis do it & hope they share after they run hot knives into the victim's chest.... no cajones. Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

He reminds me of Edgar Bergen, my question remains whom is his Charlie McCarthy?? The Chicago mob or the hospital that paid his wife >300k/yr for a 20hr/wk job .. that's not being filled.

Bob Gutermuth
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
He reminds me less of Edgar Bergan than he does of Mortimer Snerd!

Roger Perry
05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Or let's look at torture ... we won't do but we condone it and let our "friends", say the Saudis do it & hope they share after they run hot knives into the victim's chest.... no cajones.

Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

He reminds me of Edgar Bergen, my question remains whom is his Charlie McCarthy?? The Chicago mob or the hospital that paid his wife >300k/yr for a 20hr/wk job .. that's not being filled.

1st, most of the torture was done by the Bush administration.

2nd, Yes he did nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet, which the Senate and House approved. And, talk about someone pulling strings, Cheney was the puppeteer pulling Bush's strings.

I am more interested in how Obama is going to deal with the North Korea problem. Bush has diminished our Military capacity by invading Iraq based on "weapons of mass destruction", and he did next to nothing regarding North Korea who he labled an axis of evil.

I am also interested on how Obama will get us out of the ecomonic termoil that Bush put us in. We had a balanced budget with a surplus when Bush took office and has left our country Trillions of dollars in debt when he left office. not to mention the quagmire he left behind in Iraq and Afganistan.

These problems will not rectify themselves overnight, it will take some time for us to see the results on the path that Obama has chosen to take. But, if Obama's plan for recovery does not work you will hear me speak out against his policies.

Roger Perry
05-28-2009, 01:18 PM
. Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

Obama is not the only one who makes mistakes when picking people for jobs.

Former Bush Homeland Security pick indicted

May 27, 2009 - 7:15am. http://www.capitolhillblue.com/files/052709bernardkerikap.jpg

By DOUG THOMPSON

Former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, the man former President George W. Bush wanted to head Homeland Security, now faces charges of lying about taking bribes from contractors who rennovated his New York apartment while serving as the Big Apple's top cop.
A federal grand jury indicted Kerik for making false statements about his relationships with the contractors during the vetting process for the Homeland Security job.
Kerik withdrew from consideration for the Homeland Security job when allegations arose about his employment of a nanny with questionable immigration status but rumors circulated around Washington at the time that he had other, more serious problems.
Kerik was just one in a long line of questionable Bush picks for sensitive jobs.

Do you remember "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job?"

WaterDogRem
05-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Obama is not the only one who makes mistakes when picking people for jobs.

Former Bush Homeland Security pick indicted

May 27, 2009 - 7:15am. http://www.capitolhillblue.com/files/052709bernardkerikap.jpg

By DOUG THOMPSON

Former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, the man former President George W. Bush wanted to head Homeland Security, now faces charges of lying about taking bribes from contractors who rennovated his New York apartment while serving as the Big Apple's top cop.
A federal grand jury indicted Kerik for making false statements about his relationships with the contractors during the vetting process for the Homeland Security job.
Kerik withdrew from consideration for the Homeland Security job when allegations arose about his employment of a nanny with questionable immigration status but rumors circulated around Washington at the time that he had other, more serious problems.
Kerik was just one in a long line of questionable Bush picks for sensitive jobs.

Do you remember "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job?"

You're right, people make mistakes and can misjudge character easily, but that's why there is a vetting process to dig into the person's actions and characteristics. I'm glad Kerik withdrew, as he should of, just as many of BO's picks did. But what's disturbing is how the current admin can/did push tax delinquents thru. And now the current admin and media is warning not to ask the tough & moral questions for Sotomayor or else they'll be politically assassinated, so much for a true vetting process and doing their civic duties.

Roger Perry
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
You're right, people make mistakes and can misjudge character easily, but that's why there is a vetting process to dig into the person's actions and characteristics. I'm glad Kerik withdrew, as he should of, just as many of BO's picks did. But what's disturbing is how the current admin can/did push tax delinquents thru. And now the current admin and media is warning not to ask the tough & moral questions for Sotomayor or else they'll be politically assassinated, so much for a true vetting process and doing their civic duties.

Just what are the tough and moral questions that need to be asked?

I do not recall John Roberts being asked any tough or moral questions unless Bush asked him in advance of appointing him.

WaterDogRem
05-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Just what are the tough and moral questions that need to be asked?

I do not recall John Roberts being asked any tough or moral questions unless Bush asked him in advance of appointing him.

From your response, it sounds as if you don't believe any questions need to be asked or you don't know what questions to ask?

With any research on her, quickly a bunch of questions should come to mind, and not about her amazing childhood and rise from the bronx.

Roger Perry
05-28-2009, 05:51 PM
From your response, it sounds as if you don't believe any questions need to be asked or you don't know what questions to ask?

With any research on her, quickly a bunch of questions should come to mind, and not about her amazing childhood and rise from the bronx.
Again, what moral questions need to be asked? If she goes to church every Sunday? Does she believe in God?

road kill
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Again, what moral questions need to be asked? If she goes to church every Sunday? Does she believe in God?
I am with Roger on this one.

I don't think we need to ask her any questions.

I think she is on record with her thoughts and ideas on the bench and they are very clear.

NUFF SAID!!

WaterDogRem
05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Wouldn't you like to know what makes her tick? Why she chose this path in life? her interpretation of amendments? where does she see this country in the future? I would ask about what the judicial branch is for, but we know she already thinks the judicial branch also does legislation. What are her family values & views? Does she relate to common americans? Why does she think she can relate to common americans? I think we have a right and duty to explore the person, the soul, and true nature of anyone who feels they can uphold the rights and laws of our constitution and country.

I think she should have a chance to explain some of the ridiculous statements and rulings she has made, but it doesn't change the fact she made them.

Some what back to the subject heading, I'm sure there is a teleprompter with her name on it already. Don't need anymore of those Sotomayor statements.