PDA

View Full Version : Wise words from Harry Ried

Matt McKenzie
06-04-2009, 08:08 AM
The Senate confirms appointments to the SCOTUS.

The Democrats selected Harry Ried to lead the Senate.

Here's what Harry said about the latest appointment:

"I understand that during her career, she's written hundreds and hundreds of opinions. I haven't read a single one of them, and if I'm fortunate before we end this, I won't have to read one of them. But -- I'm not familiar with that opinion, but there will be plenty of time for people who are concerned about the Second Amendment -- and there are lots of people on the Judiciary Committee who are concerned about it -- they'll have lots of time to offer her questions and she'll proceed to answer them. But I don't know anything about that."

So Harry is going to oversee the confirmation process and he brags that he has no intention of reading a single opinion written by the appointee. That's your government at work, folks. He doesn't even care what kind of judge he's putting on the SCOTUS for the next 30+ years. What a statesman! Way to go Nevada and way to go Dems. Thanks to you, this is the quality of leadership in our Senate.

Bob Gutermuth
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Dingy Harry, in lock step with Der Fuhrer.

Franco
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Wise Harry Read, now there's an oxymoron for you!

The don't read anything on the hill because they are too busy spending money. Don't forget that they didn't read the $900 billion pork/stimuls bill either.

WE are in trouble folks!

Goose
06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Harry's such a loser. Just like his Party.

We live in Cuba now.

badbullgator
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Harry's such a loser. Just like his Party.

We live in Cuba now.

Is Cuba a Muslim country???

kjrice
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Polls show 50% of Nevada are not happy with Dingy Harry. We hope to make some changes this time around.

dback
06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Polls show 50% of Nevada are not happy with Dingy Harry. We hope to make some changes this time around.

Make that happen and I'll speak of you with a (ever so slight) greater degree of respect in my tone from here on out. :-)

Uncle Bill
06-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Good for you. If Sodakers can do it, Nevada can follow suit. Nothing better than throwing out the dingaling-in-charge...but, as we found out, take a look at what's following behind, which we obviously didn't do, and went from the frying pan into the fire.

Regardless, it still sends a signal to the statists, if one of their leaders is thrown out of office...so have at it. Good luck.

UB

Matt McKenzie
06-04-2009, 06:55 PM

So half of the population of Nevada are idiots. I guess that beats the national average. Heck the POTUS has a 63% approval rating.

kjrice
06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Good for you. If Sodakers can do it, Nevada can follow suit. Nothing better than throwing out the dingaling-in-charge...but, as we found out, take a look at what's following behind, which we obviously didn't do, and went from the frying pan into the fire.

Regardless, it still sends a signal to the statists, if one of their leaders is thrown out of office...so have at it. Good luck.

UB
That is the big problem. There is nothing on the Conservative side to challenge. It would end up being another Dem, but I guess we have to start somewhere. I think Buckley could take him out. What we need is for Mitt to open shop.

kjrice
06-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Make that happen and I'll speak of you with a (ever so slight) greater degree of respect in my tone from here on out. :-)
HAHAHA! Don't make me put HotShots near your colonies.

Sabireley
06-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Wise Harry Read, now there's an oxymoron for you!
!

Beat me to it!