PDA

View Full Version : Obama fires Inspector General

Roger Perry
06-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Obama fires IG for investigating his friend.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/18164

BonMallari
06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
BHO will probably appoint another Czar to oversee the inspector generals

Bob Gutermuth
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
An IG getting fired for uncovering corruption in an Americorp grant receipent. The US Atty in Cal wouldn't prosecute the theft of $400K and an effective IG gets fired. Did I mention that the main focus of the investigation was an Osama supporter big time?

Roger Perry
06-12-2009, 04:31 PM
As I said, I am a registered Independent. I am not affiliated with either the republican party or the democratic party. If I see corruption or wrong doing I will point it out.

In this case an inquiry should be done on the firing just as Palin had her brother-in-law fired.

Bob Gutermuth
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/06/12/obamas-americorps-scandal-and-the-first-ladys-meddling/

This whole situation stinks of political influence from the White House.

subroc
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Roger

How you are registered doesn't make you independent.

BTW, I am a registered independent as well.

JDogger
06-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm curious.

I said it in another thread, facetiously.

"We're all independents now."

It seems to be the tagline de jour.

Are we witnessing the rise of a viable third party? What would be the platform? What would be their positions vis a vis social and economic issues? World, and national security issues?
What would bring former dems and reps together? Their mutual dislike and mistrust of the current two party system?

I read statements made here more and more frequently, 'that, I'm not a supporter of him!!'. (Fill in the candidate, congressman, nominee, appointee, judge, cabinet member, POTUS of your choice.)

What seems obvious is that more and more of us , sensing a feeling of dismay are yearning for something different.

The finger of blame points many different directions, but ultimately points back at ourselves.

I disagree with Bill Spitzer on many points, but his often repeated, "We may not get what we want, but we may get what we deserve." contains a kernel.

And that may well be all of us regards,

JD

subroc
06-13-2009, 09:00 AM
No. My personal disatisfaction with the republicans is they're political cowards. I am not looking for some middle of the of the road third party.

The 3 parties we would end up with is extreme left wing, radical left wing and left wing light (the current republican party).

Bob Gutermuth
06-13-2009, 10:01 AM
The GOP is only left wing because of people like Colin Powell and McCain. The right will take back control of the party by the time BHO is up for re-election.

IowaBayDog
06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
The GOP is only left wing because of people like Colin Powell and McCain. The right will take back control of the party by the time BHO is up for re-election.

There's a lot more cleaning up in the GOP than those 2, Lindsey Grahamnisty, pretty much anyone who was running the show in Congress when they had control. The entire party needs a cleansing of the big spenders that have ruined the party. Unfortunately I haven't really seen anyone that has come to the forefront in the party that fits the bill of a real conservative. Just some mouthpieces who claim to have gotten religion now that its politically convenient.

This may not be the rise of the third party so much as the fall of the 2 big parties.

BonMallari
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM

Yup and they are called Libertarians :p and I am one of em

Roger Perry
06-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm curious.

I said it in another thread, facetiously.

"We're all independents now."

It seems to be the tagline de jour.

Are we witnessing the rise of a viable third party? What would be the platform? What would be their positions vis a vis social and economic issues? World, and national security issues?
What would bring former dems and reps together? Their mutual dislike and mistrust of the current two party system?

I read statements made here more and more frequently, 'that, I'm not a supporter of him!!'. (Fill in the candidate, congressman, nominee, appointee, judge, cabinet member, POTUS of your choice.)

What seems obvious is that more and more of us , sensing a feeling of dismay are yearning for something different.

The finger of blame points many different directions, but ultimately points back at ourselves.

I disagree with Bill Spitzer on many points, but his often repeated, "We may not get what we want, but we may get what we deserve." contains a kernel.

And that may well be all of us regards,

JD

There is no way an independent could win a presidential election.
Too many people would vote for Goofy if he was on their party's ticket.
(Goofy was on the Republican ticket in 2000 & 2004 and won :shock: ) well, sort of -- if all the votes in Florida would have been counted he wouldn't have won.

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.

JDogger
06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
There is no way an independent could win a presidential election.
Too many people would vote for Goofy if he was on their party's ticket.
(Goofy was on the Republican ticket in 2000 & 2004 and won :shock: ) well, sort of -- if all the votes in Florida would have been counted he wouldn't have won.

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.

OMG...! Could this be a joint statement by Roger and Bob advancing the Goofy and Donald ticket? This third party thing is getting legs.
Here's a candidate for ya.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/ZippyforPrez.jpg:p and on the free dingdong party ticket as well!

JD