PDA

View Full Version : BHO's nominee for Supremes is an intellectual lightweight

Bob Gutermuth
06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100835

YardleyLabs
06-12-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100835
Despite Pat Buchanan's claims to the contrary, Sotomayor didn't win the Pyne Prize (or more formally the M. Taylor Pyne Prize) at Princeton because she was a minority. The fact is that 40% of Princeton's undergraduates are classified as minorities and affirmative action stops at the gates to Nassau Hall. Sotomayor earned an A.B. with highest honors summa cum laude) in history from Princeton in 1976. The Pyne Prize, the highest general distinction conferred on an undergraduate, is awarded to the senior who has most clearly manifested excellent scholarship, strength of character and effective leadership. I cannot speak to her legal scholarship, but her undergraduate record is outstanding -- better than my fellow Woodrow Wilson School (the School of Public Affairs at Princeton) alum Sam Alito (He was class of 1972, I was Class of 1971). And as you decry Ivy League corruption, remember that Pat Buchanan received his Masters Degree in Journalism from Columbia University after being exempted from military service for arthritis following his graduation from Georgetown.

dnf777
06-13-2009, 10:24 PM
I like Pat, but come on! Does he really think SAT and LSAT scores tell what kind of person someone is??? Didn't Princeton recently abandon the SAT? Or another high-profile school? Those tests predict how well one takes standardized tests, not much else.

BonMallari
06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Despite Pat Buchanan's claims to the contrary, Sotomayor didn't win the Pyne Prize (or more formally the M. Taylor Pyne Prize) at Princeton because she was a minority. The fact is that 40% of Princeton's undergraduates are classified as minorities and affirmative action stops at the gates to Nassau Hall. Sotomayor earned an A.B. with highest honors summa cum laude) in history from Princeton in 1976. The Pyne Prize, the highest general distinction conferred on an undergraduate, is awarded to the senior who has most clearly manifested excellent scholarship, strength of character and effective leadership. I cannot speak to her legal scholarship, but her undergraduate record is outstanding -- better than my fellow Woodrow Wilson School (the School of Public Affairs at Princeton) alum Sam Alito (He was class of 1972, I was Class of 1971). And as you decry Ivy League corruption, remember that Pat Buchanan received his Masters Degree in Journalism from Columbia University after being exempted from military service for arthritis following his graduation from Georgetown.

Jeff , very impressive with the degree from Princeton....but are you the best dog trainer to ever come out of Princeton, all that academia stuff is unimportant next to who can handle an AA dog in the final series of a stake:p

YardleyLabs
06-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Jeff , very impressive with the degree from Princeton....but are you the best dog trainer to ever come out of Princeton, all that academia stuff is unimportant next to who can handle an AA dog in the final series of a stake:p
I certainly hope I'm not the best dog trainer. That would be pathetic....