PDA

View Full Version : Box-type upland launchers

dnf777
06-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Just bought a ZW w/ tritronics remote, and already am looking at expanding for multiple marks.

Does anyone have experience with the GU box-type launcher. From the stats on their website, it looks like they can launch nearly as far as a winger type, and certainly looks much easier to conceal for retired marks.

Any drawbacks I'm missing? At 250 USD, they seem the way to go.

TIA,
Dave

Liv2Hnt
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Ive got a dogtra pheasant/duck upland model and it really can chuck a teal sized bumper if you set it on an angle. I havent used it for marks except as a closer in bird but I dont see why something similar wouldnt work. The dogtra pheasnt version ready for electronics is I believe less than hundred bucks.

Joe Martin
06-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I've got an older Dogs Afield (I think its from there) and welded up some legs to hold it on an angle - works OK - not a real long throw - but you can hide it easily.

Joe

badbullgator
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
The GU box launchers are fantastic. My buddy got one about a year ago and it works as well or better than any other box launcher out there. They are worth far more than the asking price

GulfCoast
06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I have 2 of the GU box launchers and have been pleased with them. I mostly used them for flyer pigeons and chukars for walkups.

dnf777
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
thanks for the feedback. I was just looking at the LionCountry universal box launcher (179 USD for launcher + TT receiver installed)

thats a helluva price, but even the catalog picture of it looks cheap.

think I'll go with the GU, given the good reviews.

Thanks,
Dave