PDA

View Full Version : Weak Presidents?

Terry Britton
06-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Besides Obama, who has been some of our other weak presidents?

Franco
06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Besides Obama, who has been some of our other weak presidents?

Jimminie Carter
Lyndon Bones Johnson
Hillbilly Clinton

You just want the modern day ones, right? Not Garfield, Johnson(1865) and others?

dnf777
06-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Jimminie Carter
Lyndon Bones Johnson
Hillbilly Clinton

You just want the modern day ones, right? Not Garfield, Johnson(1865) and others?

George W. Bush. When our Navy P3 Orion was held captive with it's crew by China, he stated we wouldn't apologize....then he apologized. (well, he send colin Powell to apologize) That showed the world, including Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden that we would cave to pressure. I think it was about two months until we were hit by bin Laden and the Saudi hijakers. Then he got all bravado, and hit a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. Might as well hit Paraguay. Oh, wait, they sent 6 support personnel to Iraq, they were part of our large coalition. I must have had them confused with our traditional allies...France, Germany, Russia....oops, they didn't support our mission, did they? We kinda told them they were with the terrorists....and then wondered why they didn't help us foot the $3 trillion bill that we're now having to pay for. hey, it's ok....we'll just blame Clinton...or Obama...who is the scapegoat du jour?? Damn, reality sucks!

Franco
06-24-2009, 07:19 PM
George W. Bush. When our Navy P3 Orion was held captive with it's crew by China, he stated we wouldn't apologize....then he apologized. (well, he send colin Powell to apologize) That showed the world, including Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden that we would cave to pressure. I think it was about two months until we were hit by bin Laden and the Saudi hijakers. Then he got all bravado, and hit a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. Might as well hit Paraguay. Oh, wait, they sent 6 support personnel to Iraq, they were part of our large coalition. I must have had them confused with our traditional allies...France, Germany, Russia....oops, they didn't support our mission, did they? We kinda told them they were with the terrorists....and then wondered why they didn't help us foot the $3 trillion bill that we're now having to pay for. hey, it's ok....we'll just blame Clinton...or Obama...who is the scapegoat du jour?? Damn, reality sucks!

I'll be the last to defend Bush43. However, I would gladly take him over what we have now.

Marvin S
06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll be the last to defend Bush43. However, I would gladly take him over what we have now.

& the choices we had when he ran!

Bob Gutermuth
06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
W was head and shoulders above his opponents and Osama, Carter and LBJ

badbullgator
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Carter.....ummmmm....Carter, and Carter come to mind as being as bad or worse thant the black Jimmy carter we have now.

honker88
06-25-2009, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the line of BS.

Traditional allies...Russia? We've never been that close to Russia, do you remember the Cold War? We can't trust them. Come on! I'm not too sure what France has ever done for us except roll over and beg for us to come save them.

I think in about 15 to 20 years we will look back on Bush and think he was one of the better presidents of the past 100 years at least on foreign policy. It's kind of odd that 6 months after he left office Iran and North Korea are now blatantly provoking us. Thus far king Obama has just sat back in his big 'ol chair with his feet up, watching. He doesn't even have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt killing protesters. Both North Korea and Iran knew not to mess with us too much because Bush had the backbone that Obama is lacking. Bush's #1 goal was to keep this country safe from another attack. Don't underestimate that how big that was.

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the line of BS.

Thus far king Obama has just sat back in his big 'ol chair with his feet up, watching. He doesn't even have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt killing protesters. Both North Korea and Iran knew not to mess with us too much because Bush had the backbone that Obama is lacking. Bush's #1 goal was to keep this country safe from another attack. Don't underestimate that how big that was.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-tc-nw-iran-obama-0623-0624jun24,0,5937357.story

WASHINGTON -- Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/government/barack-obama-PEPLT007408.topic) used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

Bush had no backbone, he was a Bully. He attacked a country that could not defend itself. He caved in to N. Korea and took them off the "axis of evil" list. He did nothing to stop N. Korea or Iran from continuing on with their campaign for Nuclear Arms programs.

honker88
06-25-2009, 10:11 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-tc-nw-iran-obama-0623-0624jun24,0,5937357.story

WASHINGTON -- Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/government/barack-obama-PEPLT007408.topic) used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

Forgive me, please. I left a key part out. Obama doesn't have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt on his own.

From the quote that you pulled out of the story...Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

How many days of protests and Govt killings did it take him to reluctantly say something? Let me answer that, 10 days! Obama was pressured into responding.

[URL]Bush had no backbone, he was a Bully. He attacked a country that could not defend itself.

Everybody in the world beleived Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction". How many UN Resolutions were issued agains Iraq? I beleive the number was 16 or 17. Here is a link to some quotes from people who now say what you are saying, "he attacked a country that could not defend itself" or "he attacked an innocent nation". http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

I guess hindsight is 20/20 right? ;)

This story is about Iraq's link to terrorism. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3vvPsCY8pYA

Let's go back to early 2003, before we went into Iraq and think about this.

We have intelligence that shows Iraq has WMD's. We know Saddam used biological weapons in the past. UN has issued numerous resolutions that are ignored by Iraq. Iraq has kicked out the weapons inspectors several times. Terrorists attacked us on 9/11, just 1.5 years earlier. CIA has testified in front of the Senate in 2002 that Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism.

I'm not sure there is any other logical conclusion than Iraq is a threat that must be dealt with. I guess Bush should have kicked back in his easy chair and waited for the next terrorist attack and then determine if action should be taken. If you choose to say that we, "attacked a country that could not defend itself", go right ahead; but don't forget, that country sure fooled the whole world.

Scott Greenwood
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
He has been in office for six months. I am not in favor or against what he has said. I come on this thing to read the same retoric everyday by the same "MORONS" that post it! Weak presidents! They all have bigger balls than anyone of you! Go back to the corner cafe and drink your decafe!

Bob Gutermuth
06-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Thats 6 months too long for that eunuch that is now in the White House. I will be very happy when in a little over 3 yrs he is replaced with a real man or gutsy woman for that matter.

road kill
06-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Frankly, "The Obama" is anything but a weak president.
He has control of all 4 branches of the Govt.
Making him very powerful!!

The 4 branches of Govt??
You thought there were 3??

#1--Executive
#2--Legislative
#3--Judicial
#4--Media

Terry Britton
06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Frankly, "The Obama" is anything but a weak president.
He has control of all 4 branches of the Govt.
Making him very powerful!!

The 4 branches of Govt??
You thought there were 3??

#1--Executive
#2--Legislative
#3--Judicial
#4--Media

The fourth Branch is "We the People". And Obama sure doesn't have complete control of the Media since the European media does broadcast the truth, and regularly makes fun of the current president.

Bob Gutermuth
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
The foreign media does not have much if any influence over elections in the USA. The govt run media, ie PMSNBC, All Barak Network etc do and are controlled by persons who are loyal to the left.

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Forgive me, please. I left a key part out. Obama doesn't have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt on his own.

From the quote that you pulled out of the story...Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

How many days of protests and Govt killings did it take him to reluctantly say something? Let me answer that, 10 days! Obama was pressured into responding.

Everybody in the world believed Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction". How many UN Resolutions were issued against Iraq? I believe the number was 16 or 17. Here is a link to some quotes from people who now say what you are saying, "he attacked a country that could not defend itself" or "he attacked an innocent nation". http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

I guess hindsight is 20/20 right? ;)

This story is about Iraq's link to terrorism. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=a3vvPsCY8pYA

Let's go back to early 2003, before we went into Iraq and think about this.

We have intelligence that shows Iraq has WMD's. We know Saddam used biological weapons in the past. UN has issued numerous resolutions that are ignored by Iraq. Iraq has kicked out the weapons inspectors several times. Terrorists attacked us on 9/11, just 1.5 years earlier. CIA has testified in front of the Senate in 2002 that Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism.

I'm not sure there is any other logical conclusion than Iraq is a threat that must be dealt with. I guess Bush should have kicked back in his easy chair and waited for the next terrorist attack and then determine if action should be taken. If you choose to say that we, "attacked a country that could not defend itself", go right ahead; but don't forget, that country sure fooled the whole world.

Then why did the UN not back us in the invasion of Iraq or for that matter contribute to the enormous cost of maintaing troops in Iraq?
There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before the 2nd invasion. Bush 41 should have finished the job when he had the chance. I agreed with Bush 41 for supporting our alleys.

honker88
06-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I come on this thing to read the same retoric everyday by the same "MORONS" that post it!

Let me help you make your day a little better...quit coming on this board to read what the "MORONS" have to say!

honker88
06-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Then why did the UN not back us in the invasion of Iraq or for that matter contribute to the enormous cost of maintaing troops in Iraq?

The UN doesn't have the backbone to enforce it's own resolutions. That's why it took 16 or 17 resolutions and they still didn't force any changes. Saddam would appease them for a short time and then turn around and slap them in the face. The UN has pretty much turned itself into a joke. They issued resolution after resolution and didn't force any change when those resolutions were ignored. Of course they didn't do anything when we stepped up to deal with Iraq, they never had before so why would they change?

Julie R.
06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before the 2nd invasion. Bush 41 should have finished the job when he had the chance. I agreed with Bush 41 for supporting our alleys.

Roger: PU-LEEEEZE. :rolleyes: The U.N. back the U.S.? Surely you jest...just whose money would they be using? Oh, that's right, our money.
Get the U.N. out of the U.S. and the U.S. out of the U.N.!

As for no al Qaeda in Iraq, you know this how? Never mind, I don't think this board needs to be any more polluted with your jenkem. I'm sure there wasn't a single al Qaeda operative nor in fact any muzzie terrorist in all of Iraq when we rolled in there squashing innocent peace lovers like bugs.

Bush had no backbone, he was a Bully. He attacked a country that could not defend itself. He caved in to N. Korea and took them off the "axis of evil" list. He did nothing to stop N. Korea or Iran from continuing on with their campaign for Nuclear Arms programs.

Let's examine this fervent hope of yours about "toughest language yet". Compared to what? His ass-kissing obsequious announcements that he was going to stop nuclear proliferation and we'd go first and get rid of all our nukes so we could sit around a campfire with Kim Jong-Il, Ahmadinijhad, Qaddafi, and Putin and sing Kumbayah. And oh yes, I'm sure the leadership in Iraq trembled in their kaffirs about the world being so "appalled" and "outraged". I do have to admit both terms make me snicker. When I hear the term "outrage" I think of Al Sharpton playing the race card and I believe "appalled" is a favorite of the Messiah's spiritual advisor, the America-hating but pious Rev. Wright. Forgive me for thinking that the Messiah sounds like a little pantywaist yelling from a second story window that his dad can beat up your dad. Pathetic.

Since you obviously don't mind looking ignorant, carry on calling Bush all sorts of names but your point is lost because, again (let me type this really slowly so you can process it): He is NOT president any more. You and the great unwashed masses who vote "Gimme more free sh!t" put this ignorant community organizer on a throne, deified him and now you're eating crow watching him kiss muzzie nether regions, solemnly denounce nukes and drag this country into the toilet like any other tinpot dictator ruled banana republic.

Now can anyone refresh my memory? How many times during the Bush administration did Dear Leader straight up threaten to nuke the U.S.?

honker88
06-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Roger: PU-LEEEEZE. :rolleyes: The U.N. back the U.S.? Surely you jest...just whose money would they be using? Oh, that's right, our money.

As for no al Qaeda in Iraq, you know this how? Never mind, I don't think this board needs to be any more polluted with your jenkem. I'm sure there wasn't a single al Qaeda operative nor in fact any muzzie terrorist in all of Iraq when we rolled in there squashing innocent peace lovers like bugs.

Let's examine this fervent hope of yours about "toughest language yet". Compared to what? His ass-kissing obsequious announcements that he was going to stop nuclear proliferation and we'd go first and get rid of all our nukes so we could sit around a campfire with Kim Jong-Il, Ahmadinijhad, Qaddafi, and Putin and sing Kumbayah. And oh yes, I'm sure the leadership in Iraq trembled in their kaffirs about the world being so "appalled" and "outraged". I do have to admit both terms make me snicker. When I hear the term "outrage" I think of Al Sharpton playing the race card and I believe "appalled" is a favorite of the Messiah's spiritual advisor, the America-hating but pious Rev. Wright. Forgive me for thinking that the Messiah sounds like a little pantywaist yelling from a second story window that his dad can beat up your dad. Pathetic.

Since you obviously don't mind looking ignorant, carry on calling Bush all sorts of names but your point is lost because, again (let me type this really slowly so you can process it): He is NOT president any more. You and the great unwashed masses who vote "Gimme more free sh!t" put this ignorant community organizer on a throne, deified him and now you're eating crow watching him kiss muzzie nether regions, solemnly denounce nukes and drag this country into the toilet like any other tinpot dictator ruled banana republic.

Now can anyone refresh my memory? How many times during the Bush administration did Dear Leader straight up threaten to nuke the U.S.?

Beautiful!

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 04:17 PM

Bush is the one that left the U.S. in the state it is in now. Obama will have to figure out a way to get us out of a deep hole. I guess you do not understand that. Just how many changes did Bush make in his first 6 months in office? How many changes did Clinton make in his first 6 months in office --- you see where I am going with this? If Obama screws up, I will be the first to jump on his a$$ but I will give him time to work things out.

Franco
06-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Bush is the one that left the U.S. in the state it is in now.

How do you figure it was Bush's fault?

The whole financial mess started with Fannie and Freddie lending money to folks with poor credit histories. A program started by Clinton and really messed up by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.

There isn't an investigation because the Dems know they are at fault.

I'm not denying the Bush's spending was also out-of-control but, this current administration is making a bad situation much worse.

Julie R.
06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Bush is the one that left the U.S. in the state it is in now. Obama will have to figure out a way to get us out of a deep hole. I guess you do not understand that. Just how many changes did Bush make in his first 6 months in office? How many changes did Clinton make in his first 6 months in office --- you see where I am going with this? If Obama screws up, I will be the first to jump on his a$$ but I will give him time to work things out.

Ummm.....we weren't talking about changes the first six months in office, we were talking about weak presidents. Right about now would be the time to backpeddle and say you were wrong about Bush but even you, famous for your Bush-Hate, didn't call him weak: bully and war monger aint the same thing. And I pointed out that like him or not, no little tin pot Korean brandished nukes and threats to blow up the U.S. under his watch.

You specifically sang your Messiah's praises for his firm tough talk on, ahem, what did he firm tough talk about? Dookie chains and de-nuking the world and let's trade our hoopties in for a flashy new Cadillac with rims and peace and love and kumbayah? Oh yeah, you also whined about what a hard time Obongo was having because of what a mess BUSH left things in. How about he's having a hard time because he's a MORON that has no real world experience. And here's a little more "truth hurts" for you Roger: YOUR BOY got elected because he promised people free sh!t and free health insurance and free cars, flat screen TVs, you name it. He didn't then and he has no intentions now of delivering on any of those lies he spewed.

road kill
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Cannot get out of a hole with a shovel!!!

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Ummm.....we weren't talking about changes the first six months in office, we were talking about weak presidents. Right about now would be the time to backpeddle and say you were wrong about Bush but even you, famous for your Bush-Hate, didn't call him weak: bully and war monger aint the same thing. And I pointed out that like him or not, no little tin pot Korean brandished nukes and threats to blow up the U.S. under his watch.

You specifically sang your Messiah's praises for his firm tough talk on, ahem, what did he firm tough talk about? Dookie chains and de-nuking the world and let's trade our hoopties in for a flashy new Cadillac with rims and peace and love and kumbayah? Oh yeah, you also whined about what a hard time Obongo was having because of what a mess BUSH left things in. How about he's having a hard time because he's a MORON that has no real world experience. And here's a little more "truth hurts" for you Roger: YOUR BOY got elected because he promised people free sh!t and free health insurance and free cars, flat screen TVs, you name it. He didn't then and he has no intentions now of delivering on any of those lies he spewed.

Are you one of those leeches on society that gets 100 percent of your income off the backs of working people like me and most of the rest of this board? Pays no income, real estate taxes? What do you live on, a government or UAW pension? Maybe disability? As those are the only kinds of people I know that voted for Obongo.

So you have to resort to personal attacks? I find your comments highly improper.

But for the record, check out bush campaign promises and how he fared
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6684.htm

Bayou Magic
06-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Juli,

Enough of the sugar-coating. What do you really think?

I could say plenty in response to the Obama supporters, but if you would just turn loose and let go, I won't have to say a word.

fp

road kill
06-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Roger: Save your energy, I'm an adult and form my own opinions and really am not interested in reading lefty drivel.

As for the personal attack--none made, it was a question, a sarcastic one for sure, or at least I thought so, because I don't know anyone in the retriever world who's on the public dole and I don't know you. However if the shoe fits.....

If I may add, what's happening to my country is a pretty damned personal attack as well!!

BonMallari
06-25-2009, 05:58 PM
In retrospect all of our latest POTUS have been "weak" they all talk tough especially when they are pandering and posturing for votes , but they always seem to stop short of delivering the knockout punch to the enemy...the exception to that..Truman w/ Japan

If GHB 41 had let Stomin Norman (not the dog) finish the job in Iraq maybe some of the crap we see today may never have seen the light of day..Truman stopping MacArthur from demolishing NK like he wanted may have solved other problems

Bob Gutermuth
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
The UN was running the show in the Gulf in 91. The resolution which put the whole thing in play stopped short of going to Bagdad. It wasn't Bush 39's fault. IF he had been actually in charge Saddam would have gotten his. Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.

Roger Perry
06-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Roger: Save your energy, I'm an adult and form my own opinions and really am not interested in reading lefty drivel.

As for the personal attack--none made, it was a question, a sarcastic one for sure, or at least I thought so, because I don't know anyone in the retriever world who's on the public dole and I don't know you. However if the shoe fits.....

I would like to address the acquzation that I am on the public dole.

I am a REALTOR. I work for Sharon Kelly Realty 950 SW Bayshore Blvd. in Port St. Lucie, Fl. My work number is 772-871-0340 if anyone wants to call and check. I work 6 days a week, sometimes 7 when I do an open house which is about 3 Sundays a month.
I have had my share of health problems. In 1995 I had quadruple by-pass surgery. In 2006 I had an angioplasty done which knocked loose some plaque and I suffered 4 minor strokes. Throw in diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.

I have worked since high school. I have worked all my adult life. My parents (both republicans) instilled that in me. They did not teach me how to get the "free sh!t")

Just thought I would set the record straight.

dnf777
06-28-2009, 05:50 AM
no little tin pot Korean brandished nukes and threats to blow up the U.S. under his watch.

No, he just quietly developed nuclear technology and built the bombs we've seen tested, and launched a few long-range missiles, while Bush was off thumping his chest in Iraq with MY tax-dollars.

Do you think he just ordered a Heath kit nuclear warhead since Obama took office and put it together with a soldering gun and pliers??

I don't like attacking past presidents for the sake of it. But lets have an honest tally of the number of times Bush, Carter and Clinton's names appear on this list. And really, Clinton's little trist in the WH didn't cost me a cent. Well, Kenneth Starr's $42million attempt to prosecute did, but that's money under the bridge now.

Dave

Julie R.
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
No, he just quietly developed nuclear technology and built the bombs we've seen tested, and launched a few long-range missiles, while Bush was off thumping his chest in Iraq with MY tax-dollars.

Do you think he just ordered a Heath kit nuclear warhead since Obama took office and put it together with a soldering gun and pliers??

Dave

Actually N.Korea was developing nukes even before Bush Sr. was in office. I worked in the Dept. of State 1981-1985 and it was going on before I got there. In fact I along with several high ranking State Dept., CIA, NSA and DIA officials that had Q clearances had to go to school for 10 days at the Los Alamos NM nuke plant/weapons lab to learn the process, manufacturing and storage of weapons grade plutonium. The program was highly classifed so there were some briefings even I didn't attend but we not only learned the process, we also learned where various countries were in their programs, including N. Korea. So, yes Korea's nuclear program began in earnest on Carter's watch.

I'm not even blaming the Carter administration; N.Korea and several other countries have been globe trotting in search of nuke technology for a long time which only proves the IAEA (UN body) and NNP treaty (UN negotiated) have no teeth to deal with international thugs that want to obtain pirated technology and materials. But I am blaming the Obongo admin. and his "Aw shucks, we were wrong, how can we make nice?" act abroad for letting it get to the point that Kim Jong-Il is the one thumping his chest and rattling his nukes. After all Biden dared him to!

dnf777
06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Actually N.Korea was developing nukes even before Bush Sr. was in office. I worked in the Dept. of State 1981-1985 and it was going on before I got there. In fact I along with several high ranking State Dept., CIA, NSA and DIA officials that had Q clearances had to go to school for 10 days at the Los Alamos NM nuke plant/weapons lab to learn the process, manufacturing and storage of weapons grade plutonium. The program was highly classifed so there were some briefings even I didn't attend but we not only learned the process, we also learned where various countries were in their programs, including N. Korea. So, yes Korea's nuclear program began in earnest on Carter's watch.

I'm not even blaming the Carter administration; N.Korea and several other countries have been globe trotting in search of nuke technology for a long time which only proves the IAEA (UN body) and NNP treaty (UN negotiated) have no teeth to deal with international thugs that want to obtain pirated technology and materials. But I am blaming the Obongo admin. and his "Aw shucks, we were wrong, how can we make nice?" act abroad for letting it get to the point that Kim Jong-Il is the one thumping his chest and rattling his nukes. After all Biden dared him to!

Thankyou for clarifying that not everything bad with this country has occured sinced Jan 20, 2009! Yes, N. Korea has been dabbling since probably even BEFORE Carter, truth be known. Bush was very different from previous administrations, both republican and democrat, in his macho-man cowboy foreign policy, which will have to be repaired. Both "Obongo" and McCain emphasized this during the campaign, so it's not a partisan issue, just a common sense matter.

I don't mean to defend Obama (correct spelling), but this business of wishing him failure is ridiculous. I've seen this country deal with presidents back to Johnson, and never have I seen such hatred and desire for failure! I don't remember EVER hearing bozos threatening to secede from the Union!! I wasn't alive in 1860, but I believe that's the last time that talk occurred.
We gotta pull it together and solve our problems. The Chinese and North Koreans have gotta just love hearing talk like this....a house divided.

Cody Covey
06-28-2009, 06:49 PM
refer me to the post where someone said they hope he fails. Its not a matter of hoping he fails its seeing the writing on the wall and being able to tell that he will not stand up to anyone other then republicans. to everyone else hes sorry.

we won get over it attitude regards!

Bob Gutermuth
06-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I for one hope Osama fails and gets thrown out in 2012. I would also vote for seccessiion at this point. Its a shame incompetence isn't an impeachable crime we could remove him now.

dnf777
06-28-2009, 08:59 PM
refer me to the post where someone said they hope he fails. Its not a matter of hoping he fails its seeing the writing on the wall and being able to tell that he will not stand up to anyone other then republicans. to everyone else hes sorry.

we won get over it attitude regards!

That's easy. Just look below your post.

dnf777
06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
I for one hope Osama fails and gets thrown out in 2012. I would also vote for seccessiion at this point. Its a shame incompetence isn't an impeachable crime we could remove him now.

You're kidding right? What state should secede? How would that state avoid from becoming a Korean or Chinese colony? Depend on the US to defend it?

Cody Covey
06-28-2009, 10:30 PM
well damn Bob way to kill my argument haha. I think the vast majority of "Obama Haters" don't wish him to fail but more wish he deosn't get his way with the policies he wants because of the way it will take this country but wanting him to fail is wanting america to fail in a sense, n

i don't wish he would fail i just wish he would see the light :)

Bob Gutermuth
06-28-2009, 10:35 PM
All the red states could secceed and stil have enough $$$ and talent left to unite into a cohesive nation.

dnf777
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM
All the red states could secceed and stil have enough $$$ and talent left to unite into a cohesive nation.

I grew up in Texas, and spend several great years in Alabama and Louisiana (helping after Katrina) so I will avoid the temptation to point out that Texas' largest employer is the US Govt! Texas recieved more federal money in entitlement programs than any other state, and if it weren't for Pennsylvania yankee Col. Drake of Titusville, they wouldn't even know how to drill for oil!

Like I said, I grew up there, so I have a little abiility to poke fun at them. :razz:

But busting up the union would be a tragedy to this American boy, I love all 50 states, no matter how wacky their gov'ts may be!

cheers,
Dave

Henry V
06-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Now there is good old red blooded American patriotism for you. Best of luck with that approach.

One Nation.....regards.

honker88
06-30-2009, 07:29 AM
well damn Bob way to kill my argument haha. I think the vast majority of "Obama Haters" don't wish him to fail but more wish he deosn't get his way with the policies he wants because of the way it will take this country but wanting him to fail is wanting america to fail in a sense, n

i don't wish he would fail i just wish he would see the light :)

I am with Bob and Rush on this one. I hope he fails, which would be for the good of this country. If he doesn't get his way with the policies he wants he has failed, right? I don't get it. Is it not okay for you to hope your "political enemies" fail? If you truely think your beliefs are right and the other guy is wrong it is only natural to hope the other guy fails.

He, along with many others, thinks he is the light!

Roger Perry
06-30-2009, 07:37 AM
I am with Bob and Rush on this one. I hope he fails, which would be for the good of this country. If he doesn't get his way with the policies he wants he has failed, right? I don't get it. Is it not okay for you to hope your "political enemies" fail? If you truely think your beliefs are right and the other guy is wrong it is only natural to hope the other guy fails.

He, along with many others, thinks he is the light!

If "he" fails, then our Country fails. Do you really want to see our Country fail?

road kill
06-30-2009, 08:22 AM
If "he" fails, then our Country fails. Do you really want to see our Country fail?
If his policies & vision is fulfilled, this will no longer be "our Country."

In fact, it is no longer "My Country."

It is a faded shadow of the United States of America I grew up in.

Having said that, I understand about change and all.
But I don't like it and neither do you!

stan b

Lush Lumbago
06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
It is amazing how you secessionist dudes pontificate ad nauseam about what a great failure the POTUS is when he is still early in the term. You weren't going to give Obama any space in the first place.

The truth is you just can't stand losing to the opposite side. Now, you want to take your little ball and leave. Make up your mind --go and shut up (we won't miss you) or stay and offer something constructive.

If you leave, take Boss Limbaugh with you. I'm sure you'll delight in having him as your president. Ann Coulter for VP!

honker88
06-30-2009, 08:38 AM

No, my point is the exact opposite. If he fails our country wins. If he gets what he wants our country fails.

road kill
06-30-2009, 08:42 AM
It is amazing how you secessionist dudes pontificate ad nauseam about what a great failure the POTUS is when he is still early in the term. You weren't going to give Obama any space in the first place.

The truth is you just can't stand losing to the opposite side. Now, you want to take your little ball and leave. Make up your mind --go and shut up (we won't miss you) or stay and offer something constructive.

If you leave, take Boss Limbaugh with you. I'm sure you'll delight in having him as your president. Ann Coulter for VP!

What I can't stand losing is my Freedoms, my liberty, my independence and my pay!!

stan b

honker88
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM

1st of all I am not a secessionist, I'm not saying I won't get to that point someday, but as of now I am not a secessionist. I want to take my country back. If you haven't noticed people are starting to wake up, it's just about a year or so late. Drudge has a headline (as of now there isn't a story yet) the says " Rasmussen: Obama Approval Index Falls Below Zero... Developing... "

My problem is not loosing, although I don't like it. My problem is that I couldn't disagree more with Obama's policies and beliefs.

If you remember just a short time ago your side was whining for years about Gore loosing the election. Oh, how we forget things so quickly!

Telling people to go and shut up isn't necessarily that constructive.

honker88
06-30-2009, 09:15 AM
What I can't stand losing is my Freedoms, my liberty, my independence and my pay!!

stan b

Agreed! We are told that we are sore loosers and that we should shut up. I will not shut up and roll over when my Freedom is being taken, when the govt. is taking more and more of my money, when our President won't stand up for freedom around the world, when I am considered a bigger threat to this country than terrorist because I am conservative, when Vets are considered bigger threats than those we are currently at war with, etc.

Roger Perry
06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
1st of all I am not a secessionist, I'm not saying I won't get to that point someday, but as of now I am not a secessionist. I want to take my country back. If you haven't noticed people are starting to wake up, it's just about a year or so late. Drudge has a headline (as of now there isn't a story yet) the says " Rasmussen: Obama Approval Index Falls Below Zero... Developing... "

My problem is not loosing, although I don't like it. My problem is that I couldn't disagree more with Obama's policies and beliefs.

If you remember just a short time ago your side was whining for years about Gore loosing the election. Oh, how we forget things so quickly!

Telling people to go and shut up isn't necessarily that constructive.

A little look back on how 2008 went.
http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/2008_year_in_review

honker88
06-30-2009, 09:24 AM
A little look back on how 2008 went.
http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/2008_year_in_review

The network system I am on won't allow me to access the link.

Roger Perry
06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
The network system I am on won't allow me to access the link.

Try doing a google search for jibjab. It's political antimated humor. You will find cartoons about Bush and Kerry when they were running for POTUS.

zeus3925
06-30-2009, 10:07 AM

stan b

Exactly what we were concerned about when "W" was king.

Bob Gutermuth
06-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Right ON! Road Kill every day he is in office our freedoms are in worse jeopardy.

honker88
06-30-2009, 12:38 PM
If you haven't noticed people are starting to wake up, it's just about a year or so late. Drudge has a headline (as of now there isn't a story yet) the says " Rasmussen: Obama Approval Index Falls Below Zero... Developing... "

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

YardleyLabs
06-30-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
BTW, if you read the Rasmussen poll, he also says that 54% approve of the President's performance.