PDA

View Full Version : Darn Clinton

dnf777
06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
"I've been unfaithful to my wife," Sanford told a news conference in Columbia, the state capital. "I developed a relationship with what started as a dear, dear friend from Argentina."

His voice choking at times, Sanford apologized to his wife and four sons, his staff and supporters, and said he would resign immediately as head of the Republican Governors Association.

Dog-gonnit!! I just know in my heart that Clinton is responsible for yet another affair! At least this one was with a woman. That proves that Clinton influenced it, right? These poor republican family-oriented men, who I pattern my morals after! As long as he's against gay marriage, I can overlook him cheating on his wife and four sons. I'm sure they understand that God has a plan for everything, including this. God bless the SC gov and senator Ensign. At least it was a "dear, dear friend"...that helps make it ok, right?

road kill
06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
That is pretty lame, even for you!!

dnf777
06-24-2009, 06:30 PM
That is pretty lame, even for you!!

What's lame? I'm expounding family values here! My parents, and both my grandparents never had the word "divorce" in their vocabulary. Lets see, parents married 43 years...paternal grandparents 61 years and still together in the next world....maternal grandparents 65 years last Wednesday and still going strong. Not bad for a bunch of liberals with no family values!! I'm beginning to wonder if people like John McCain, Newt Gingrich, Sen Livingston, Sen Ensign, Ted Stevens, Rev Haggard are really the people I want my kids to look up to. (I just have this little thing about hypocrisy, it really annoys me) That brief list of Six prominent conservatives has 9 wives, two gay lovers, and ?? mistresses between them. If I'd included Rudy, the wife tally would jump to 12! But we won't mention Rudy. I kinda like him.

subroc
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
if you look up to a politician or recommend your child look up to one, you ain't aimin' too high...

badbullgator
06-24-2009, 07:19 PM
What's lame? I'm expounding family values here! My parents, and both my grandparents never had the word "divorce" in their vocabulary. Lets see, parents married 43 years...paternal grandparents 61 years and still together in the next world....maternal grandparents 65 years last Wednesday and still going strong. Not bad for a bunch of liberals with no family values!! I'm beginning to wonder if people like John McCain, Newt Gingrich, Sen Livingston, Sen Ensign, Ted Stevens, Rev Haggard are really the people I want my kids to look up to. (I just have this little thing about hypocrisy, it really annoys me) That brief list of Six prominent conservatives has 9 wives, two gay lovers, and ?? mistresses between them. If I'd included Rudy, the wife tally would jump to 12! But we won't mention Rudy. I kinda like him.

Yeah we all know there are no gays or unfaithful dems. Barney Frank has had more hotdogs between his buns that Wonder bread has and then old Teddy and his drunkeness and what with killing that girl and all and then the former dem wonder child JFK and his faithfulness and all, and then..........
Oh yeah let talk about liberal reverends....Jessee Jackson is a piliar of family values as is Al Sharpton, and lets not forget GD America............
Glass houses. They all suck and if you have kids that look up to any of them I feel sorry for your children. Maybe you should turn them on to Dennis Rodman as he is a role model....oh wait........
Perhapse if you understood family values your children would look to you as a roel model and not some politician

road kill
06-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, John Kennedy, John Edwards et al.

So what.
People are scoundrels on both sides.

If you want your son to grow up and be like Barney Frank, good for you, he is soooo much better than John McCain......right??

This is lame.
For you to find joy in a person and family's misery speaks volumes!!

outa here,

Goose
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Nothing comes close to what Bill Clinton (a democrat) did to Monica Lewinsky and what he put the country through. Imagine a sitting President committing adultery with a White House intern while in the White House. What a scum bag. He wagged his finger at all of us as he lied about his adulterous affair with this young intern and then repeated the lie to his entire Cabinet.

So don't bring up some no-name governor and try to act like his unfaithfulness rivals Clinton's. Not even close.

Semen on a blue dress regards.

dnf777
06-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Perhapse if you understood family values your children would look to you as a roel model and not some politician

badbullgator,

You're getting a little personal aren't you? You've never met me or my kids, but I appreciate your advice. FYI, my oldest daughter who turned 21 today and is a senior in college laughed her a** off at your comments! She has looked to me and her mother all her life, as we have always been there for her and her 5 siblings. Please send more family value recommendations, we cherish them. I'll try to work them in between scout meetings, doing homework together, and reading bedtime stories.

Laughing together is also good family time, so please keep the insults coming, we enjoyed them.

dnf777
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
He wagged his finger at all of us as he lied about his adulterous affair with this young intern and then repeated the lie to his entire Cabinet.

Clinton's not my hero. But let's be consistent. Wagging fingers? How bout Rev Haggard PREACHING fire and brimstone while he's trading man-love for drugs?? That's not disgusting???

(I'll resist responding in kind to your signoff....that's just gross)

dnf777
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, John Kennedy, John Edwards et al.

If you want your son to grow up and be like Barney Frank, good for you, he is soooo much better than John McCain......right??

outa here,

You're outta line. I don't attack anyone on this list or their kids. I may express differences, but you just pulled a DAvid Letterman on my son and me.

I have enjoyed bantering on this forum, and almost everyone keeps it at that, albiet heated sometimes, but I doubt many would approve of your attack on another list member's son.

Real nice of you. Big man.

Julie R.
06-24-2009, 09:45 PM
It's Bush's fault. Obongo will fix it.

Cody Covey
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
You're outta line. I don't attack anyone on this list or their kids. I may express differences, but you just pulled a DAvid Letterman on my son and me.

I have enjoyed bantering on this forum, and almost everyone keeps it at that, albiet heated sometimes, but I doubt many would approve of your attack on another list member's son.

Real nice of you. Big man.I'm confused ow he attacked you or your family at all. He talked about some politicians. but never about you...

confused regards.

IowaBayDog
06-25-2009, 06:07 AM
What's lame? I'm expounding family values here! ...... I'm beginning to wonder if people like John McCain, Newt Gingrich, Sen Livingston, Sen Ensign, Ted Stevens, Rev Haggard are really the people I want my kids to look up to. .......

You brought your kids into it and insinuated that politicians are their role models, someone called you on it. Maybe you could point them to good Dems like Blago or William Jefferson in LA. Extortion is a victimless crime right?

YardleyLabs
06-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Personally, I liked Jon Stewart's take on Sanford's announcement: "Just another politician with a Conservative mind and a Liberal penis." Of course, the reality of Sanford's action was probably marginally better than The Comedy Show's initial speculation that he went into the woods to sire a litter with a coyote.:p:p

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Nothing comes close to what Bill Clinton (a democrat) did to Monica Lewinsky and what he put the country through. Imagine a sitting President committing adultery with a White House intern while in the White House. What a scum bag. He wagged his finger at all of us as he lied about his adulterous affair with this young intern and then repeated the lie to his entire Cabinet.

So don't bring up some no-name governor and try to act like his unfaithfulness rivals Clinton's. Not even close.

If I am not mistaken, Monica made a statement to someone before she started working at the White House that she would need some knee boards. She went there to suduce the President and she did. If I were Clinton I too would have denied the affair. Clinton's lie did not kill any of our men or women.

dnf777
06-25-2009, 08:24 AM
You brought your kids into it and insinuated that politicians are their role models, someone called you on it. Maybe you could point them to good Dems like Blago or William Jefferson in LA. Extortion is a victimless crime right?

No, I said I'm not sure if I want them looking to a bunch of depraved, perverted old men who YOUR party holds up as pillars of family values.

I thought it would be taken as a passive comment on the morals of these guys, but it was taken literally as a license to question my raising of my kids. Read the comments, they're still there. "if you had family values" " I feel sorry for your kids"

Guess what folks?? I don't need you feeling sorry for me. Feel sorry for the kids of these men who have more wives, lovers, and "foreign affairs" than than they can keep count of.

Those few can say whatever the heck they want about me or my kids or our values, it runs off my back like water, and is forgotten like last weeks' bowel movements!

BTW, like your Ted banner. I see him every chance I get.

And I couldn't agree with you more on Jefferson, and Blago. They are equal scumbags. And they get theirs, both barrells on this list. It just seems when a Republican commits equal or more disgusting acts, it's glossed over. I don't believe anyone else even mentioned Sanford? What's good for the blue goose is good for the red goose. Besides, If i were still a republican, I would want these people outta my party! That's why I can't call myself a republican anymore, nor a democrat.

have a good one,
Dave

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Besides, If i were still a republican, I would want these people outta my party! That's why I can't call myself a republican anymore, nor a democrat.

have a good one,
Dave

I agree. I would be ashamed of myself to say that I was either a Republican or a Democrat I will never again align myself with either party.

Gerry Clinchy
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
If I am not mistaken, Monica made a statement to someone before she started working at the White House that she would need some knee boards. She went there to suduce the President and she did. If I were Clinton I too would have denied the affair. Clinton's lie did not kill any of our men or women.

I am disappointed in you, Roger, that you would condone perjury. Perjury is the ultimate insult to our system of government. That any elected official, sworn to uphold our Constitution, would feel justified in perjuring him/herself, is unconscionable. What good is that person's oath? And, yes, that would go for Republican or Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever.

If Clinton could be seduced by some young White House intern, what kind of character is he? Just the kind of guy I would want facing down terrorists or any other threat to our country?

badbullgator
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree. I would be ashamed of myself to say that I was either a Republican or a Democrat I will never again align myself with either party.

You should just be ashamed of yourself anyway Roger;)

Cody Covey
06-25-2009, 12:13 PM

dont you think if bush lied about wmd he wouldve planted some to not look like he lied.

Roger Perry
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I am disappointed in you, Roger, that you would condone perjury. Perjury is the ultimate insult to our system of government. That any elected official, sworn to uphold our Constitution, would feel justified in perjuring him/herself, is unconscionable. What good is that person's oath? And, yes, that would go for Republican or Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever.

If Clinton could be seduced by some young White House intern, what kind of character is he? Just the kind of guy I would want facing down terrorists or any other threat to our country?

I never stated Clinton had a good character. But, Clinton had a history of womanizing and Monica knew that.

Bush would not let his aides testify under oath and claimed executive privilege for everything, the fiasco with firing the attorneys, WMD'S, and even when Pat Tillman was killed.
Army Withheld Details About Tillman's Death

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/03/AR2005050301502.html

Bush also took an oath and swore to uphold our Constitution. He broke that oath by authorizing illegal wiretaps and such. See:
Bush challenges hundreds of laws

President cites powers of his office
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

Legal scholars say the scope and aggression of Bush's assertions that he can bypass laws represent a concerted effort to expand his power at the expense of Congress, upsetting the balance between the branches of government. The Constitution is clear in assigning to Congress the power to write the laws and to the president a duty ''to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Bush, however, has repeatedly declared that he does not need to ''execute" a law he believes is unconstitutional.

Just who gave Bush the power to decide what is or is not unconstitutional?

honker88
06-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Clinton's not my hero. But let's be consistent. Wagging fingers? How bout Rev Haggard PREACHING fire and brimstone while he's trading man-love for drugs?? That's not disgusting???

(I'll resist responding in kind to your signoff....that's just gross)

I'm not sure anybody said what Sanford and the others you named did is okay. You're just looking to get everybody worked up and you did a pretty good job of it.

What Sanford did is totally wrong and disgusting. What Clinton did is totally wrong and disgusting. The things they both did were embarrassments on the country, regardless of which side of the isle they are on. That said, you seem to have a real problem with people striving to live a better life and help others do the same. You seem to go on attacks because as a general rule Conservatives talk about things like morals, family values, etc. Some faulter and others completely fall off the cliff, but so do those who are on the left side of the isle. We are all human, we all sin, we all fail to meet expectations. Nobody is perfect, but what is your issue with those who try to improve the morality of this country as a whole?

Gerry Clinchy
06-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=463438#post463438)

I never stated Clinton had a good character. But, Clinton had a history of womanizing and Monica knew that.

So, if one is irresponsible, continuing to be irresponsible becomes somebody else's fault for presenting the temptation? Not sure I understand how Clinton's womanizing (not a crime) makes it okay for him to perjure himself? Your statement which I found questionable was that you would also have denied the affair, thus condoning his perjury.

There are likely numerous citations of elected officials acting as if they are/were "above the law", but that doesn't make it "okay" to condone any of them.

Hoosier
06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure anybody said what Sanford and the others you named did is okay. You're just looking to get everybody worked up and you did a pretty good job of it.

What Sanford did is totally wrong and disgusting. What Clinton did is totally wrong and disgusting. The things they both did were embarrassments on the country, regardless of which side of the isle they are on. That said, you seem to have a real problem with people striving to live a better life and help others do the same. You seem to go on attacks because as a general rule Conservatives talk about things like morals, family values, etc. Some faulter and others completely fall off the cliff, but so do those who are on the left side of the isle. We are all human, we all sin, we all fail to meet expectations. Nobody is perfect, but what is your issue with those who try to improve the morality of this country as a whole?

Very well said, and I agree totally.

road kill
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
If anyone here thought I insulted anyone elses life style or chidren, my apologies.
If you knew me, you would know nothing could be further from the truth.

Thanks for those who pointed that out.

In regard to being called "Big Man," guilty!!:cool:

Goose and Teal
06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Another black eye for SC.....thanks Sanford.

dnf777
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Very well said, and I won't disagree. I don't mind at all people trying to help others, but I don't like hypocrisy and preaching. For example, I don't want a pregnant unwed teen preaching the virtues of abstinence to me! Just like we both don't want Clinton preaching marital fidelity to us! I've said before there are scumbags on both sides of the aisle, no doubt. The difference is Clinton didn't make a spectacle by condemning others for making the mistake he made. (I use the term 'mistake' loosley!) These ultra-right wingers never miss a chance to condemn clinton, edwards, frank.....and they fire up their base by condemnations and finger pointing. If they didn't, people wouldn't be so primed to jump on them. And it's NOT a liberal media thing. Look at Eliot sptizer. He got just what he had coming to him. Clinton came a heartbeat from being removed from office (right or wrong), but where's the call from those SAME people who were so outraged, to remove Sanford, Vitter, Stevens??? I honestly don't understand why if Clinton or edwards has an affair, they're no longer fit to serve. But the others are "OK".

Road Kill (or is it now Big Man?)
I thought it got personal, but if you say it wasn't , then it wasn't.

Stay cool,

Dave

we're 85+ and humid, but I guess I'd better not complain. I saw the map for Texas!

IowaBayDog
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
...It just seems when a Republican commits equal or more disgusting acts, it's glossed over....

Are you serious??? Last time I looked Barney Frank, William Jefferson, Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd not only are still in the party they hold leadership roles and they should all being wearing stripes.

The repub. bathroom boy got booted out immediately and no one stood by him, and the Republicans are drug threw the mud on everything by the press, which if they screw up fine by me. To say that anything a Republican does gets glossed over is just delusional.

Trent Lott, Newt, and many others were booted out of leadership roles for next to nothing.

Cody Covey
06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is it that people can't be heard for their messages. They "preach" good things but because hes a dumbass doesn't change the message. My dad is(was now i suppose) a pretty raging alcoholic, but he told me not to drink. Because he drinks does that change or distort his message? No drinking is bad for you especially as a teen and not in moderation, two things he was guilty of. I'm not saying what they did was right, or even that they should be preaching morals to people as you put it but still the message is the same maybe even stronger coming from someone who has experienced the hardship, whatever that may be.

dnf777
06-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Are you serious??? Last time I looked Barney Frank, William Jefferson, Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd not only are still in the party they hold leadership roles and they should all being wearing stripes.

The repub. bathroom boy got booted out immediately and no one stood by him, and the Republicans are drug threw the mud on everything by the press, which if they screw up fine by me. To say that anything a Republican does gets glossed over is just delusional.

Trent Lott, Newt, and many others were booted out of leadership roles for next to nothing.

Bathroom boy was allowed to quietly serve out his term. He was not booted out immediately.

Trent Lott basically said we'd be better off today if the Civil Rights movement never occured....if Strom Thruman's (by his own admission, were wrong) policies would have stood.

Newt's "contract with America" quietly slashed my Army retirement pay by 30%, forcing me to take an early out, as many other officers did. I won't recant his numerous ethics violations (according to the republican ethics committee)

Hey, I'm not arguing that BOTH sides have people not worth their weight in dog crap. But I was the ONLY one to even mention Sanford. Sure, this list is heavily weighted to the right, but it won't help the republican cause to ignore its own dirty laundry, and just keep bashing the opposite side. The American people made that clear in November. The ONLY way for the conservative movement to survive, is to own thier problems, and get back to true conservative values. Sorry guys (and gals), but Bush did NONE of that.

Another w/e...this time I'm not on call, but the family reunion is at our place. I think I'll be spending lots of time with the dog..... :razz:

HuntsmanTollers
06-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Suggest you read "Ghost Wars" by Steve Coll a writer editor of the Washington Post. The Lewinsky affair led to inaction by Clinton that did lead to deaths of US citizens.

Matt McKenzie
06-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Bathroom boy was allowed to quietly serve out his term. He was not booted out immediately.

Trent Lott basically said we'd be better off today if the Civil Rights movement never occured....if Strom Thruman's (by his own admission, were wrong) policies would have stood.

Newt's "contract with America" quietly slashed my Army retirement pay by 30%, forcing me to take an early out, as many other officers did. I won't recant his numerous ethics violations (according to the republican ethics committee)

Hey, I'm not arguing that BOTH sides have people not worth their weight in dog crap. But I was the ONLY one to even mention Sanford. Sure, this list is heavily weighted to the right, but it won't help the republican cause to ignore its own dirty laundry, and just keep bashing the opposite side. The American people made that clear in November. The ONLY way for the conservative movement to survive, is to own thier problems, and get back to true conservative values. Sorry guys (and gals), but Bush did NONE of that.

Another w/e...this time I'm not on call, but the family reunion is at our place. I think I'll be spending lots of time with the dog..... :razz:

How did Newt slash your retirement pay?

Julie R.
06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Clinton came a heartbeat from being removed from office (right or wrong), but where's the call from those SAME people who were so outraged, to remove Sanford, Vitter, Stevens??? I honestly don't understand why if Clinton or edwards has an affair, they're no longer fit to serve. But the others are "OK".

No one side has a monopoly on whore mongering, infidelity and abysmal morals. And the reason all those people you name plus plenty in the other party, are still in office, is those who would vote to remove them don't want the spotlight shined too brightly on their own indiscretions. Gnome sane?

Bob Gutermuth
06-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Clinton, had he been removed, would have been fired for perjury. He had an affair and lied about it. Not only that he did it with a White House employee and in the White House,compounding the crime.

dnf777
06-26-2009, 10:13 AM
How did Newt slash your retirement pay?

When he rose to speaker of the house, his "contract with america" included budget cuts that across the board reduced officer retirement pay. I never got it, b/c I did the math and it was much more beneficial to work in the private arena, and forfeit military retirement. NOt only the pay, but the health care benefits were from the largest gov't run health care business in the world.....VA!

That was not the only factor, but I did leave military service after 14 years...