PDA

View Full Version : Consequence of Printing More Money

Franco
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Here is what the Wall Street Journal has to say about Obomo's solution of just printing more dollars.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124458888993599879.html

Steve
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Don't need to read the article. It's very simple, if the supply of money increases and the output of goods and services decreases or stagnates, the money will be worth less.

Doesn't take a PHD to figure that out ;-)

Franco
06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't need to read the article. It's very simple, if the supply of money increases and the output of goods and services decreases or stagnates, the money will be worth less.

Doesn't take a PHD to figure that out ;-)

I didn't post it for you!;-)

I posted it for the Democrats to read.:) Afterall, they don't see the problem with printing more money.

Terry Britton
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
One thing it can do, and has done in the past is screw up those that hold our debt. Didn't we really screw up the Japanese by borrowing a lot from them in the 70's/80's, then hyperinflated our dollars so they wound up with 50% on the dollar when compared with goods or gold? If we were to do that now, we would be getting the better end of the deal on China, but China has already warned us it would be pissed off if we over printed $$$.

I don't want us to do it, because I don't forsee getting any raises that would keep up with or exceed inflation.