PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Minnesota its official

BonMallari
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Your new junior Senator is Al Franken....they have just declared him the official winner...now the Dems have a filibuster proof 60 seats in the Senate

Wrangler
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Now Obama won't be able to blame anyone but himself and the demo's for how messed up our country is when it's time for re-election! Knowing him though, he'll still blame Bush!

Ken Newcomb
06-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Sorry but if I were a Minnesotan I would be to embarrassed to admit it. Jesse Ventura and Al Frankin Holy Cow what are they drinking up there.

BonMallari
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
With Franken its more like what are they smoking up there ? :p:p

badbullgator
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey why not, the country is headed down the toilet, what is another turd in the bowl:rolleyes:

I tase vomit in my mouth...........

Steve Amrein
06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry but if I were a Minnesotan I would be to embarrassed to admit it. Jesse Ventura and Al Frankin Holy Cow what are they drinking up there.

Is it really that bad in that state to vote Stuart Smally in ? I have been in that state and the folks seem way conservative, I just dont get it. Kalifournea, maybe cuase those folks arent right.;-)

starjack
06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
potus people

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Your new junior Senator is Al Franken....they have just declared him the official winner...now the Dems have a filibuster proof 60 seats in the Senate

On paper they do....

But in the senate party lines are crossed much more often than most people think.

Dems are more likely to vote Repub and vise versa, on issues they feel stongly about.

and it is happening more and more often these last few months than the previous two years....

NCA

dnf777
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM

I thought Jesse was a hero up there? I like his pro-gun stance, carrying a sidearm to work.

Scott Greenwood
06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
The sad part is when you get down to it Coleman wasn't much better. Why do you think he lost to such a joke. He should have beat Smally by a landslide if he was worth a damn.

Red retrievers
06-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't believe there is a more liberal senator in Washington than Al. Taxes will be uncontrolled. :( The best thing to do now is quit working get on the gov dole and spend time with our dogs.:D

lizard55033
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Jesse is a heck of alot better then Franken will ever be...

road kill
07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't believe there is a more liberal senator in Washington than Al. Taxes will be uncontrolled. :( The best thing to do now is quit working get on the gov dole and spend time with our dogs.:D

Are you serious??

Herb Kohl??
Russ Feingold??

We have no room to criticize!!

Henry V
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
What, no congratulations to the legally elected Senator of Minnesota? I am disappointed. Maybe Coleman just needs to take that birth certificate angle on this to be successful;).

Senator Al Franken. Born in Minnesota, well educated, and a successful career and family man. He legally beat a one-term Senator who lost the Governor's race to Jesse Ventura. Yes, Minnesota will have to deal with this tragedy.

I supposed we could have hoped for the likes of Senator David Vitter, Senator John Ensign, former Senator Larry Craig (I hear he used to like our airport), or someone like former Congressman Mark Foley but Minnesotans will have to take Senator Al Franken for at least a term now.

On a related subject, have you all seen this Governor Sanford campaign ad from 2002? http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0609/Revisiting_a_Sanford_2002_campaign_ad_.html?showal l
It is quite interesting given his circumstances today. Isn't it.?

road kill
07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
What, no congratulations to the legally elected Senator of Minnesota? I am disappointed. Maybe Coleman just needs to take that birth certificate angle on this to be successful;).

Senator Al Franken. Born in Minnesota, well educated, and a successful career and family man. He legally beat a one-term Senator who lost the Governor's race to Jesse Ventura. Yes, Minnesota will have to deal with this tragedy.

I supposed we could have hoped for the likes of Senator David Vitter, Senator John Ensign, former Senator Larry Craig (I hear he used to like our airport), or someone like former Congressman Mark Foley but Minnesotans will have to take Senator Al Franken for at least a term now.

On a related subject, have you all seen this Governor Sanford campaign ad from 2002? http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0609/Revisiting_a_Sanford_2002_campaign_ad_.html?showal l
It is quite interesting given his circumstances today. Isn't it.?

You should be very poud!!

M&K's Retrievers
07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
think I just threw up a little in my mouth....

dnf777
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
think I just threw up a little in my mouth....

after watching that campaign ad? me too

Golddogs
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Jesse had a chance to enact some real positive change and he totally hosed it. He had an entirely new base so jazzed up he could still be Gov. His problem was one to many pratfalls gone bad in the ring. It turned him into a spinless wimp who wussed out whenever someone said boo to him. His actions set back 3rd party politics years. Total waste of 4 years.

Franken, who knows. All we can do is hope for a middle road approach now tht he is in DC. If he wants 2 terms, he will need to be very aware of those that did not vote for him. And he can't be any worse than Coleman. He should never have given up the Mayor's position, he was good at that.

Henry V
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Jesse had a chance to enact some real positive change and he totally hosed it. He had an entirely new base so jazzed up he could still be Gov. His problem was one to many pratfalls gone bad in the ring. It turned him into a spinless wimp who wussed out whenever someone said boo to him. His actions set back 3rd party politics years. Total waste of 4 years.

Well, at least Jesse stuck around to serve the full term he was elected for even though he was an independence party candidate in a Republican and Democrat controlled system. He did not quit did he? Could someone please point to any item where Jesse did worse than the current Governor? You know, things like fiscal responsibility, real tax rates, economic growth, transportation infrastructure, public safety, etc.

Golddogs
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, at least Jesse stuck around to serve the full term he was elected for even though he was an independence party candidate in a Republican and Democrat controlled system. He did not quit did he? Could someone please point to any item where Jesse did worse than the current Governor? You know, things like fiscal responsibility, real tax rates, economic growth, transportation infrastructure, public safety, etc.
Henry, I love Pawlenty and wish he were running for re-election. His baggage is a Senate/House that refuse to work together to fix the problems. And many are from Jesse's time in the big chair. Ventura screwed up by not building on the 3rd party excitment and focusing instead on the"jackals" who were out to get him and his family. Rather than tell everyone his kid screwed up and apologize to the state and staff, he wimped out and his cred started downhill. He had a big chance to work for real change and blew it, and because of him, I doubt a 3rd party candidate will ever make it back to the top no matter how good they are.