PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

Franco
07-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I hope she's not planning to run for President.

We don't need four more years of Obamo.

subroc
07-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I hope she takes Michael Steels job.

Franco
07-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I was reading on the net that she is facing her 15th Ethics charge and many of her key staffers have resigned. Plus, her popularity in Alaska has been falling.

Maybe too much pressure being in the National spotlight?

I personally don't want her heading up the RNC, too much of a liability. I think the best thing she could do for herself, her family and the GOP is to lay low.

A very decent woman but not something the GOP needs at this time. I thought she was a big liability during the McCain campaign.

subroc
07-03-2009, 05:04 PM
One of the things that the RNC needs is a dynamic personality running it. Someone that can energize those that call themselves Republican. They need to create a plank for the Republicans to stand on and work toward finding some faces for their party. I thought, originally, that Steel would do well at that. I was and am mistaken. If anything, the Republican Party is in complete disarray.

She would be great at fund raising and pulling a base together.

Republicans, how would she do in that capacity?

BonMallari
07-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I was reading on the net that she is facing her 15th Ethics charge and many of her key staffers have resigned. Plus, her popularity in Alaska has been falling.

Maybe too much pressure being in the National spotlight?

I personally don't want her heading up the RNC, too much of a liability. I think the best thing she could do for herself, her family and the GOP is to lay low.

A very decent woman but not something the GOP needs at this time. I thought she was a big liability during the McCain campaign.

I thought she was the only good thing about the ticket, the buzz was about her not the "maverick" :p I think she is a polarizing figure and although I like her she doesnt have the gravitasse to be a serious contender for the White House..I think there is very little middle ground with Palin, you either love her or you cant stand her

Franco
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Palin, you either love her or you cant stand her

I don't dislike her. I just think she ran off a lot of moderate women during the election. The GOP was already going to get the Religious Right vote as an anti-Obamo vote so, she didn't bring anything to the ticket.

The attacks on her would be brutal and with many Alaskans now unhappy with her, she would be too easy a target for the Dems.

Besides, I just read where she is returning to the pagent circuit. ;-)

dnf777
07-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Has anyone checked the informal poll for 2012 that was going on here? Wonder how Maverick is doing now?

Sorry, but I don't buy she needs time to prepare. She took an oath, and took on a 4 year committment. She's untrustworthy and unreliable.

YardleyLabs
07-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I suspect that Palin realizes that her fiscal "achievements" were based solely on the inflated price of oil -- which contributes 90% of state revenues -- and that there is no way she can finish the job without seriously damaging any credentials she might have for fiscal management. While one part of me would love to see her as the GOP candidate, I would prefer to see a stronger candidate since that will produce the best "deal" for voters.

dnf777
07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I suspect that Palin realizes that her fiscal "achievements" were based solely on the inflated price of oil -- which contributes 90% of state revenues -- and that there is no way she can finish the job without seriously damaging any credentials she might have for fiscal management. While one part of me would love to see her as the GOP candidate, I would prefer to see a stronger candidate since that will produce the best "deal" for voters.

That's true, but she knew that all along. (someone else knew it, and told her) There's going to be more to this story. There's no way this is a move to help position her for a presidential run in 2012.

Really, has anyone here ever skipped out of work, then phoned the boss to tell him you took unannounced time off to prepare for the new position you bet he's gonna give you now? That's silly. Besides, it doesn't take that long to read "How to be a National Candidate for Dummies" ;-)

Juli H
07-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I think instead of hammering away at her, it would be better to wait and see what move she makes...IMO she has more to offer this country that what some folks would like to believe....

I think she has a family that she wants to raise and 'protect' from such 'ASSES' as Letterman and others...

I think she DOES want to help this country and I commend her for making what has probably been a very difficult decision for her - she absolutely understands the repercussions of what she has done - she is smarter than that......
dnf77 - I don't know what Palin ever did to you or PA, but apparently you have a little resentment toward her...

Juli

Roughriding Woody
07-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I like Sarah and I will leave it at that!

WindyCreek
07-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Personally I do not care, I am from a State that starts with A but it is not Alaska, this is for the citizens of Alaska to decide. With that said the crap she has put up with is more than anyone should have to put up with. In addition to the mindless ridicule of a mental miget like Letterman, some of you might have forgotten she has a son serving in Iraq. Unless you have spent the sleepless nights that go with that you will never know the incredible pressure of having a son or daughter who is in harm's way.

Bruce MacPherson
07-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I like Sarah and I will leave it at that!

A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next.

Cody Covey
07-03-2009, 09:57 PM
she said during her speech that all of the ethics charges were dropped

Gerry Clinchy
07-03-2009, 10:02 PM
She is quite young yet. If she intends to continue her political career, she could probably benefit from taking a RNC position or a Congressional position. I really don't think she'd be a good choice for the national ticket in '12 I think she really needs to get to know the DC ropes better ... have a personal familiarity with the "players".

Actually I think that it was that last factor could have stood McCain in good stead had he been able to win the election. It occurs to me that if many of the people on this forum, even those who may have voted for Obama, could discern that he was lacking in executive experience, this could not escape those in the Congress who would be working with him. In the quest to get another D in the Presidency, they did not break ranks, but that may change if BHO doesn't show them the deference they expect. There are indications that he may not do that over the long haul when he gets frustrated.

Seems like yesterday BHO had on his Biden hat ... praising Russia's Medved while doing a put-down on Putin, while acknowledging that Putin would still have considerable sway in Russia's political actions. I can't believe he said what he did! Even if it is what he was thinking, it was, IMO, a major gaffe to give it voice in an AP interview. If the interview was "scripted", the scriptwriter should be fired. If it wasn't scripted, this man is way over his head when it comes to diplomatic skills, and he should make sure he gets some scripts. Even the NY Times gave Medved credit for being more diplomatic than BHO. BHO could have, and should have, taken a similar tack.

Terry Britton
07-03-2009, 10:45 PM
It is probably best for Alaska, and she probably should have stepped down when she was in the race for VP.

I wouldn't doubt it if she was setting up to take a Senate seat after a short time off.

The hate and attacks that Palin continues to get from the left means they are very scared of her. Someone else will pop out of nowhere to take 2012 from the facist party. I understand exactly what the left is scared of, and frankly many in power, and as the facebook/myspace generation become strong voters in 4 to 8 years, they will have power that the media won't be able to phase.

BrianW
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I think she really needs to get to know the DC ropes better ... have a personal familiarity with the "players".

Personally, I think that's the major problem in DC. We need to get rid of all these professional politicians and their "handlers, to get back to what the (little "r") republican form of government is supposed to be about. Ala Thomas Paine's "Common Sense". The Elected would never vote a rod against the Electors because they knew they would have to go back and endure it themselves in a few short years.
Palin threatens the "players" which is one reason she is so viciously attacked.

Scott Greenwood
07-04-2009, 01:24 AM
I like her for what she stands for but by know way will I ever vote for her to be in the presidency. She needs more years to understand the role she is taking. Anytime she has a mike in front of her she proves she isn't prepared for the post.

Jacob Hawkes
07-04-2009, 10:58 AM
LOL. Color me shocked. Now if she just keeps her useless self in AK, it'll help what is turning out to be a crappy 4th. Ding dong the witch is dead regards.

subroc
07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
...Ding dong the witch is dead regards.

Why do you call her a witch?

EdA
07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
"We know we can effect positive change outside government at this point in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities,"

Sarah Palin July 3, 2009........

what did she say.......??????.......:confused:

luvalab
07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
LOL. Color me shocked. Now if she just keeps her useless self in AK, it'll help what is turning out to be a crappy 4th. Ding dong the witch is dead regards.

Wow.

Not to get all feminist on you, but maybe make you think about something...

I don't care for the woman personally or politically, and frankly found her resignation speech mostly incomprehensible gibberish, but calling any woman who's just doing her thing a "witch"--even if you disagree with what she's doing--strikes me as more offensive than simply saying, "That's a politician I'm glad is gone."

I don't believe in electing and promoting women for the sake of electing and promoting women, but to see a duly elected woman feel the need to take herself out of the game is always unfortunate--in the (perhaps very) long run I think everyone, and the system, benefits from there being a better balance of the chromosomes in high places.

I feel no huge sympathy with her, nor do I feel it's a great loss politically, and I sort of wonder if it's part of a career strategy (which would make me not care for her even more), but I hate to hear her called a witch. Gets my Gender Studies 101 goat.

Franco
07-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I feel no huge sympathy with her, nor do I feel it's a great loss politically, and I sort of wonder if it's part of a career strategy (which would make me not care for her even more), but I hate to hear her called a witch.

I agree with this, the woman has been attacked enough. She is a decent woman who entered an arena that is way over her head. I wish her and her family the best and the GOP is better off without her being the face of the party.

Gerry Clinchy
07-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Personally, I think that's the major problem in DC. We need to get rid of all these professional politicians and their "handlers, to get back to what the (little "r") republican form of government is supposed to be about. Ala Thomas Paine's "Common Sense". The Elected would never vote a rod against the Electors because they knew they would have to go back and endure it themselves in a few short years.
Palin threatens the "players" which is one reason she is so viciously attacked.

I totally agree with you, Brian, that the professional politicians have lost sight of the fact that they are to serve their constituents, not themselves & their careers.

But in order to defeat an enemy, one must know them well ... to find how best to defeat them.

Franco
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
"We know we can effect positive change outside government at this point in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities,"

That she was returning to the pagent circuit.

Got to say I'm surprised to see you here on POTUS Place. ;-)

Juli H
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM

and do ME a favor,

..please don't come to ALASKA.

edited because I don't want to be banned, regards

Juli

luvalab
07-04-2009, 12:12 PM

Don't you know that using "effect" as a verb is considered so impressive that it absolves one from making any sense? And "effecting change" is beyond reproach.

Politicians on both sides use the word to great... effect. :p

Jacob Hawkes
07-04-2009, 12:27 PM
and do ME a favor,

..please don't come to ALASKA.

edited because I don't want to be banned, regards

Juli

Don't flatter yourself. Been there, done that for a few years.

Tis not my fault your ex governor was/is a fraud & made a joke of The Republican Party's money and legacy. She was a 4th rate choice and proved herself as such.

As far as the witch comment, if the shoe fits, so be it. Now if we can just figure out which 100 or so pair we're talking about that was paid for by The GOP. Ironically nobody is able to get along with her. Hmmn. Just stating facts.

JDogger
07-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Seriously, I hope she runs in 2012, or stays in the national spotlight in some position.

As UB says, "you may not get what you expect, but will certainly get what you deserve."

It is amusing that there are some on this forum that object to mindless hatred and loathing. Oh mirror, mirror on the wall?

Cody Covey
07-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Please Jacob go ahead and provide specific details to how she was a fraud or cheat. I would love to know because i think if the party would stop pandering to the left she would be exactly what we need but its all about getting votes and not actually running on your morals or beliefs. She had a bunch of frivolous ethics claims filed against her all of which she was found innocent on. The GOP bought her some clothes. Hell they bought commercials and a lot of other things as well. Why aren't crying about those things as well. She needed to dresss a certain way for the RNC and they bought her clothes. Who cares find something substantive to cry about.

K G
07-04-2009, 12:46 PM
It is amusing that there are some on this forum that object to mindless hatred and loathing.

I don't object at all. I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing"........

'Course, some of those colors get edited, but not before they've been thrown up on the wall...;-)

kg

JDogger
07-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't object at all. I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing"........

'Course, some of those colors get edited, but not before they've been thrown up on the wall...;-)

kg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/love0030.gif

JD

K G
07-04-2009, 01:25 PM
At least THAT won't get deleted by a moderator, JDog....GOOD job!:D

Next thing we know you'll be posting with your real name.....:shock:

kg

Roger Perry
07-04-2009, 01:29 PM
A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next.

All I see on here is attacks on Obama and he hasn't been in office for 6 months yet.

road kill
07-04-2009, 01:31 PM
All I see on here is attacks on Obama and he hasn't been in office for 6 months yet.

All I see from the Godless progressives is attacks on Bush, and he has NOT been in office for 6 months now!!:-P

K G
07-04-2009, 01:33 PM

You mean except for YOUR posts, right Roger? ;-)

kg

Roger Perry
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
You mean except for YOUR posts, right Roger? ;-)

kg

Name one post I made that shows I praised any of Obama's decisions so far.

K G
07-04-2009, 01:46 PM
That's my point, Roger.....:rolleyes:

Ergo, all you see on here is NOT attacks on Obama, ESPECIALLY from your "posts of praise"..........

kg

Roger Perry
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
That's my point, Roger.....:rolleyes:

Ergo, all you see on here is NOT attacks on Obama, ESPECIALLY from your "posts of praise"..........

kg

Again, I have not praised Obama. I think the kindest thing I said about him is he has only been in office for less than 6 months. I prefer to give him enough rope to hang himself before I jump on the band wagon to bad mouth him.

JDogger
07-04-2009, 01:55 PM
At least THAT won't get deleted by a moderator, JDog....GOOD job!:D Oh well, two in six years. Can't remember in the previous RTF. Can't hold a candle to some whose colors shine through in every post.

kg

The next thing you know, we'll all be.

Godless progressive regards,

Hugh

K G
07-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Can't hold a candle to some whose colors shine through in every post.

With a couple of notable exceptions, I see few who foment more "mindless hatred and loathing" (your words).....more like a flamethrower than a candle, though....;-)

But hey...if that's who you are, have "fun" with it.....:p

kg

JDogger
07-04-2009, 02:48 PM
With a couple of notable exceptions, I see few who foment more "mindless hatred and loathing" (your words).....more like a flamethrower than a candle, though....;-)

Bruce Mcpherson writes;
"A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next."

Not my words alone.

"I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples?

No hurry. I'm off to celebrate Independence Day. You do the same.

K G
07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
It would only take the most casual of glances, on this thread and on POTUS in general, to find the "few" of which I speak. They're not in shadowgrass....;-)

I have seen more of what we southerners less-than-affectionately call "meanness" here in the past two weeks than I've seen since this board's inception. I'm not talking simple differences of opinion...I'm talking the stuff that makes an internet "free fire zone" look like the kiddie's playground. I'm talking the stuff that will follow a person's screen name for the nuclear half-life of plutonium....the stuff where even a heartfelt "I'm sorry" won't cut it as as an apology.

I stayed off of POTUS for months until the "Cap and Trade Tax" thread...but some of the comments on the "Fossil" thread have shocked me beyond words...which is one reason I haven't posted there. I am just incredulous at what some folks will put into print, sometimes with their name next to it but just as often not. If this is what POTUS has come to, then for my money, it's time to pull the plug on it. Civility seems to have taken a back seat to abject churlish language and behavior. I'm REALLY surprised that Chris Atkinson hasn't shut it down.

Don't know if you believe in karma, Hugh....it's real and it's a bitch IMHO....whether you believe in God or not, believe that....;-)

Think I'll go do something more positive with my time regards,:cool:

kg

dnf777
07-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I think instead of hammering away at her, it would be better to wait and see what move she makes...IMO she has more to offer this country that what some folks would like to believe....

I think she has a family that she wants to raise and 'protect' from such 'ASSES' as Letterman and others...

I think she DOES want to help this country and I commend her for making what has probably been a very difficult decision for her - she absolutely understands the repercussions of what she has done - she is smarter than that......
dnf77 - I don't know what Palin ever did to you or PA, but apparently you have a little resentment toward her...

Juli

I have no resentment, and I am happy she was not given the opportunity to be VP.

Try this on for size.....John McCain would have been the oldest President ever elected. What if he pulled a Billy Mays on us, and at the same time, Sarah decided to take her toys and go home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that leave us with NANYC PELOSI as president?????? Scary, huh?

I agree, lets wait and see. I'm betting there's more to the story than meets the press. All I know, if she's still considering a run in 2012, quitting in mid term does NOT instill confidence in voters. If it's to take care of family matters, thats honorable, but she should come clean with the people she's sworn to serve, not that babbling jibberish we all heard! Come on, did anyone understand that??? If I did like her, I would be terribly disappointed...as it is, I'm not surprised.

Juli H
07-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Looks like Palin is heading for a national political carreer....She has a tough battle ahead of her, if she thinks quitting her day job for 'a higher calling' is the right decision...

In some ways I hope she puts her best foot forward and makes Alaska proud, but I am disheartened that she 'appears' to think being the governor of our state is not good enough... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resigning

I know there are multiple reasons for her decision, and for some of those I have complete sympathy...BUT, some of the other things that have come to light have got to make me wonder....

I still think she wants the best for this country, but I do not think she is approaching her goals in a way which will help her be successful....time will tell......

Juli

dnf777
07-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Looks like Palin is heading for a national political carreer....She has a tough battle ahead of her, if she thinks quitting her day job for 'a higher calling' is the right decision...

In some ways I hope she puts her best foot forward and makes Alaska proud, but I am disheartened that she 'appears' to think being the governor of our state is not good enough... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_on_re_us/us_palin_resigning

I know there are multiple reasons for her decision, and for some of those I have complete sympathy...BUT, some of the other things that have come to light have got to make me wonder....

I still think she wants the best for this country, but I do not think she is approaching her goals in a way which will help her be successful....time will tell......

Juli

I have to admit, even though I don't particularly like Sarah, there's a long list of people ahead of her who NEED to quit politics more than her!

Bruce MacPherson
07-04-2009, 11:34 PM

kg

I don't see any chance of that happening anytime soon Kg.

Bruce MacPherson
07-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Bruce Mcpherson writes;
"A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next."

Not my words alone.

"I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples?

No hurry. I'm off to celebrate Independence Day. You do the same.

At least spell my name correctly for gosh sakes. And my examples of mindless hatred are?
Put up or shut up Dogger.

Bud Bass
07-05-2009, 03:08 AM
It seems that a few years ago when she was still in Wasilla prior to beding governer, the city, under her supervision hired a contractor to cousruct a sports complex. Very expensive, lots of big bucks there. At the same time the Palins hired the same contractor to do substantial work on thier lake front home. The news tonight is reporting that here. There has been a big, quiet, federal investigation about some of the sports complex money also paying for our dear Gov's home building. This will be in the news this week, watch for it.:razz: Bud

Wrangler
07-05-2009, 03:58 AM
I haven't read all the post, so maybe this was mentioned, but I think most will feel that if she can't finish the job as the governor of a state, then how can she become the president of the United States?
I think a lot more will come out, and it may make sense, but I think Romney must be thanking his lucky stars!

IowaBayDog
07-05-2009, 07:29 AM
It seems that a few years ago when she was still in Wasilla prior to beding governer, the city, under her supervision hired a contractor to cousruct a sports complex. Very expensive, lots of big bucks there. At the same time the Palins hired the same contractor to do substantial work on thier lake front home. The news tonight is reporting that here. There has been a big, quiet, federal investigation about some of the sports complex money also paying for our dear Gov's home building. This will be in the news this week, watch for it.:razz: Bud

Sounds kinda like the Rezco/Obama relationship but for a lot less money, she might be more qualified to be President than we thought. ;-)

JDogger
07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't see any chance of that happening anytime soon Kg.

Bruce read post # 40

JDogger
07-05-2009, 11:20 AM
It would only take the most casual of glances, on this thread and on POTUS in general, to find the "few" of which I speak. They're not in shadowgrass....;-)

I have seen more of what we southerners less-than-affectionately call "meanness" here in the past two weeks than I've seen since this board's inception. I'm not talking simple differences of opinion...I'm talking the stuff that makes an internet "free fire zone" look like the kiddie's playground. I'm talking the stuff that will follow a person's screen name for the nuclear half-life of plutonium....the stuff where even a heartfelt "I'm sorry" won't cut it as as an apology.

I stayed off of POTUS for months until the "Cap and Trade Tax" thread...but some of the comments on the "Fossil" thread have shocked me beyond words...which is one reason I haven't posted there. I am just incredulous at what some folks will put into print, sometimes with their name next to it but just as often not. If this is what POTUS has come to, then for my money, it's time to pull the plug on it. Civility seems to have taken a back seat to abject churlish language and behavior. I'm REALLY surprised that Chris Atkinson hasn't shut it down.

Don't know if you believe in karma, Hugh....it's real and it's a bitch IMHO....whether you believe in God or not, believe that....;-)

Think I'll go do something more positive with my time regards,:cool:

kg

I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing-KG

So Kieth, do you love it or hate it?

Contradictory regards,
Hugh

JDogger
07-05-2009, 11:25 AM
At least spell my name correctly for gosh sakes. And my examples of mindless hatred are?
Put up or shut up Dogger.

Well, this post is a good one.

Sorry about the misspell Bruce,

Hugh (and that's JDogger)

K G
07-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing-KG

So Kieth, do you love it or hate it?

Contradictory regards,
Hugh

Do you know "sarcasm" when you see it, Hugh?

Are you capable of interpreting contextual differences in posts in any way other than to suit your own purpose?

And it's Keith.....

Beyond comprehension regards,

kg

JDogger
07-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Do you know "sarcasm" when you see it, Hugh?
Yes Keith, I do. Clear it up for us though, which of your two posts that I quoted was the sarcastic one?
a. the first
b. the second
c. a. and b.
d. neither
e. or is it this one?

Are you capable of interpreting contextual differences in posts in any way other than to suit your own purpose?

As well as you my friend, as well as you. Why would I interpret them to suit your purpose though?

JD

K G
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes Keith, I do. Clear it up for us though, which of your two posts that I quoted was the sarcastic one?
a. the first
b. the second
c. a. and b.
d. neither
e. or is it this one?

Since it's becoming apparent that you deal in the literal sense more the figurative one, probably more the word "LOVE" in the first one, although I do appreciate that I can tell where people are really coming from by what they post here. People show who they really are here, although this is the one place where opinions can be foisted as fact; can't really pull that off on the main forum.

The two posts had two different purposes and dealt with two separate but related issues. You wanted to pit one against the other for the purpose of making it sound like I was contradicting myself.

As well as you my friend, as well as you. Why would I interpret them to suit your purpose though?

I'd be astonished if you did, but I'd just settle for calling them like they are. Do you want to have an equal presentation of contrary points of view or do you just want to argue? Convolution of a contrary post doesn't do much to promote debate. Just show me where I've done that, Hugh, and I'll own up to it. I've already offered that challenge one time today and have yet to get a response...I don't expect one, either....on the other challenge, I mean, and have been told as much.

kg

JDogger
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Post # 42 this thread.

I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples? -JD

I didn't get an answer either. Go figure. :rolleyes:

JD

Hew
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I Try this on for size.....John McCain would have been the oldest President ever elected. What if he pulled a Billy Mays on us, and at the same time, Sarah decided to take her toys and go home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that leave us with NANYC PELOSI as president?????? Scary, huh?
Good grief. Give it a rest.

Number of dnf777 posts criticizing Obama for not finishing his Senate term and starting his campaign for president about the day he took his Senate oath of office = ZERO

Number of dnf777 posts critical of Hillary Clinton for telling everyone her aspirations were only to be senator of NY and gets 2 years into a new term and hauls arse to run for president = ZERO

Number of dnf777 posts critical of Biden for leaving his current job as a senator and for, well, just being a buffoon = ZERO

Ah, the fickleness of Americans and many on this board. You bitch and moan about how all politicians are hacks who put their party first instead of the country. You complain that you're sick of professional politicians and you whine for term limits so that you can get rid of the professional politicians. You say you want politicians who aren't beholden to special interests. Then Sarah Palin comes along. She wasn't born with a silver spoon. Her background is similar to most of ours. Her political career started out like most of ours would if we actually had the guts to run...she got sick of the BS she saw in her community and decided she wanted to make it better (instead of just blathering about on a message board). She started small and worked her way up...just how we'd have to do it if us if we ever had any aspirations of higher office. She fought the corruption and greed in her own party, and was a pariah within her own party because of it and rose to govenor despite the efforts of her own party to keep her out because they wanted to keep the same corrupt status quo. I don't see what's not to like and admire about the lady even if you don't agree with her politics. She is what America used to stand for.

dnf777
07-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Number of dnf777 posts criticizing Obama for not finishing his Senate term and starting his campaign for president about the day he took his Senate oath of office = ZERO

Number of dnf777 posts critical of Hillary Clinton for telling everyone her aspirations were only to be senator of NY and gets 2 years into a new term and hauls arse to run for president = ZERO

Number of dnf777 posts critical of Biden for leaving his current job as a senator and for, well, just being a buffoon = ZERO

Ah, the fickleness of Americans and many on this board. You bitch and moan about how all politicians are hacks who put their party first instead of the country. You complain that you're sick of professional politicians and you whine for term limits so that you can get rid of the professional politicians. You say you want politicians who aren't beholden to special interests. Then Sarah Palin comes along. She wasn't born with a silver spoon. Her background is similar to most of ours. Her political career started out like most of ours would if we actually had the guts to run...she got sick of the BS she saw in her community and decided she wanted to make it better (instead of just blathering about on a message board). She started small and worked her way up...just how we'd have to do it if us if we ever had any aspirations of higher office. She fought the corruption and greed in her own party, and was a pariah within her own party because of it and rose to govenor despite the efforts of her own party to keep her out because they wanted to keep the same corrupt status quo. I don't see what's not to like and admire about the lady even if you don't agree with her politics. She is what America used to stand for.

What America used to stand for?????
Quitting?

If you read my post, you would have seen that I said if she's leaving for family reasons, that's fine, just be straight with the people who hired her. Frankly, I don't care. I have enough problems with MY gov in Pa! She can take him with her!

But to answer your charges that I didn't criticize the folks you mentioned, lets see:

One President of the US
One Sec. State of the US
One VP of the US

What is Sarah doing? I suspect there's going to be more to the story, so I will hold my judgement. But like I said, she should be honest, her constituents deserve it. And if it's for a good reason, they, and the rest of America will accept. If this is a move towards running for president, it is bone-headed. She is (was) perfectly positioned to groom herself, as the chief executive of the number one energy producing state! Sure, she needed to study and groom, but that can and has been done in gov mansions across the US.

I'll stand by my hypothetical scenario. SHE asked us to place her a heart-beat away from the presidency, next to the oldest elected president, and then she quits an executive post six months later. If elected in Nov, would she be stepping down as VP now? We don't know. I just pointed out that that series of events would have netted us one President Pelosi, and I didn't think many on this list would like that.

Matt McKenzie
07-05-2009, 07:43 PM

John,
You don't post much, but when you do, it's always outstanding! I wish I could lay it down like you can.
Thanks,

subroc
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Sarah is already doing great things.

She has put the left wing media on notice about slandering her.

Go get-em Sarah...

K G
07-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Post # 42 this thread.

I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples? -JD

I didn't get an answer either. Go figure. :rolleyes:

JD

Looks like you're talking to yourself here, Hugh. ;-)

I can name some names and a few handles, but what purpose would that serve? To make YOU feel better? Tell you what: if you like thinking of yourself as the "first place" fomenter, then be my guest.

Personally, I'd like to think everyone is trying to "win" last place, but that's just me....

kg

JDogger
07-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Looks like you're talking to yourself here, Hugh. ;-)

I can name some names and a few handles, but what purpose would that serve? To make YOU feel better? Tell you what: if you like thinking of yourself as the "first place" fomenter, then be my guest.

Personally, I'd like to think everyone is trying to "win" last place, but that's just me....

kg

Congatulations KG, Second runner-up maybe, but first place?

No, first place, or at the least, last place is yers fer sure.

After some 4300+ posts on any and all subjects, where you pontificate on all subjects RTF, I am sure I cannot hold a flamethrower to your consumate wit, and obscure, self-serving satire and sarcasm.

You have a thick skin KG...so do I.

"I'll give names and a few handles,too but it won't make you, me, or any
one feel better."

Then just do it. Don't dance.

I know you're just hangin' around waitin' KG. Ya LOVE it. Go fer it!

JD

subroc
07-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Maybe She Doesn't Want To Be President

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/horseraceblog/2009/07/maybe_she_doesnt_want_to_be_pr_1.html

dnf777
07-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Sarah is already doing great things.

She has put the left wing media on notice about slandering her.

Go get-em Sarah...

More whining...."they're picking on meeeee".

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.....oh, yeah, she did.

I think everyone's tired of her whining about the media. She set herself up for that, and even called herself a pitbull. Letteman was out of line, and never in media history have we seen such a backlash, to the point where a multi-million dollar comedian apologized, not once, but THREE times!

Enough is enough.

I will still withhold judgement, I think there's more to come.....

Lucky Seven
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM

I think everyone's tired of her whining about the media. She set herself up for that, and even called herself a pitbull. Letteman was out of line, and never in media history have we seen such a backlash, to the point where a multi-million dollar comedian apologized, not once, but THREE times!

Enough is enough.

What are you going to say when the media starts to turn on Obama ???

When the media stands up for itself and stops letting Obama "hand pick" their questions ???

Obama will melt under pressure ...... Any one else sick of hearing Obama answering questions with "Ahhhhhhhh" ..... as he thinks, God, tella prompter HELP ME !!!

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Enough is enough.

you keep saying you will "WITHHOLD JUDGEMENT", over and over and over...

Yet you have consistantly in your posts, been the trial the judge and the jury....you have convicted her already, admit it....guilty,guilty,guilty.

DONT sit here and post things like the above and the many others on this thread and try to make people believe that your gonna "withhold judgement" we really arn't that dumb.

Just saying,

I can read between the lines, regards

NCA

dnf777
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
you keep saying you will "WITHHOLD JUDGEMENT", over and over and over...

Yet you have consistantly in your posts, been the trial the judge and the jury....you have convicted her already, admit it....guilty,guilty,guilty.

DONT sit here and post things like the above and the many others on this thread and try to make people believe that your gonna "withhold judgement" we really arn't that dumb.

Just saying,

I can read between the lines, regards

NCA

I've openly stated I don't like her for other reasons. Judging her in regard to her quitting is a separate issue, that if it's ok with you, will hold judgement on. There's going to be more to this story, I'd imagine.

As far as I know, nobody has bestowed jurist powers upon me. Just like you, I have opinions that don't really matter much, and thought this was a forum for that type of banter.

I'm sorry your starlet has seeminly fallen from her high perch. I never put her on a perch, so this isn't really surprising for me.

As for the media turning against Obama...let the chips fall where they may. That's his concern, not mine. Maybe he'll whine some, then quit?? If he is whining already, we just don't hear it.

You don't have to read between the lines. I'll say what I think. I would hope we're all mature enough here to have a political debate, and not carry over to other areas or the field, although one person has mentioned just than, unfortunately. Like I've said before, I'll throw birds for any of you guys (or gals) and have a damn good time, I'm sure of it!

DAve F

Eric Johnson
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM
What are you going to say when the media starts to turn on Obama ???

Now that's truly funny.

Eric

Roger Perry
07-06-2009, 01:55 PM

Juli

OMG, she wants to be the "Pope".

Pat G
07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I wonder what kind of press Sarah Palin would have recieved if she was a Democrat. I don't think she would have my support for President but, do some of you actually think all of the slams she has gotten are justified? I don't think it's acceptable. I don't think it would be acceptable to do that to Obama and his family or anyone else. If you want to nail her or anyone else on their issues or policies have at it. How would some of you react to disrespect to your wife or children? No wonder I like spending time with my dogs over people.
Patrick Gould

EdA
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Got to say I'm surprised to see you here on POTUS Place. ;-)

I generally avoid it but the sometimes the entertainment value is exceptional, especially when it comes to one of my favorite comediennes....errr polticians, it is great theater......:cool:

is it Memorex or is it Tina Fey??........;-)

Franco
07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Here is an interesting take on the Palin resignation.

http://www.1260.am/programming/hosts/bios/?host=26

Roger Perry
07-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I wonder what kind of press Sarah Palin would have recieved if she was a Democrat. I don't think she would have my support for President but, do some of you actually think all of the slams she has gotten are justified? I don't think it's acceptable. I don't think it would be acceptable to do that to Obama and his family or anyone else. If you want to nail her or anyone else on their issues or policies have at it. How would some of you react to disrespect to your wife or children? No wonder I like spending time with my dogs over people.
Patrick Gould

Well, at least she had a lot of foreign policy experience.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n&tag=related;photovideo

Henry V
07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Give her a break folks. She's just being mavericky. Today, she is surprised that folks thinks her resignation is a big deal.

road kill
07-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah, we need someone who knows how to push the "RESET" button!!

Henry V
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, we need someone who knows how to push the "RESET" button!!
Well, we already tried

I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue.....I was able to get a sense of his soul.
W - 2001

duckheads
07-07-2009, 11:46 AM
you libs just can't get over the hate for bush. instead of looking in the past why don't you look @ the current president with the same microscope? i am still waiting for my mortgage to be paid. my business could use a huge in influx of federal funds also. oh yea that's right you have to be a total f*** up to get money from the messiah! i guess i don't qualify since i pay all of my bills on time!

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-07-2009, 12:12 PM
you libs just can't get over the hate for bush. instead on looking in the past why don't you look @ the current president with the same microscope? i am still waiting for my mortgage to be paid. my business could use a huge in influx of federal funds also. oh yea that's right you have to be a total f*** up to get money from the messiah! i guess i don't qualify since i pay all of my bills on time!

I should qualify...I live in California!!!!!

nope...just checked, I too am responsible. The state said, thank you for your contrabution, dont worry we will be asking for more in the NEAR FUTURE!!!

NCA

Henry V
07-07-2009, 01:14 PM
you libs just can't get over the hate for bush. instead on looking in the past why don't you look @ the current president with the same microscope? i am still waiting for my mortgage to be paid. my business could use a huge in influx of federal funds also. oh yea that's right you have to be a total f*** up to get money from the messiah! i guess i don't qualify since i pay all of my bills on time!
LOL, hate for bush and looking in the past, are you paying attention here?. Look at the titles of threads on this forum and do a search on "carter", "clinton", or "kennedy" and compare the results to a search on "bush" since he left office. Just who is demonstrating "hate" and who is more prone to be looking in the past? It seems that when you call a democrat on a policy it is being "accountable" here but when you call a conservative on a policy it is "looking in the past". I get it.

Why should we all speculate on President Obama's policies when the results are not yet known? Especially when so many other folks here clearly have all the answers. He has been in office 6 months, not 8 years. I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt for much longer than 6 months and he was not handed anywhere near the problems President Obama inherited. I would hate to look in the past, but he did not have a trillion dollar war to pay for, a huge budget deficit, a $700 billion dollar bank bailout to administer from the previous administration (even though I learned here many times that this was all Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and Bill Clinton's fault;)- see weak presidents thread for starters). Perhaps we should compare the facts from when they each started in office and where we were after 1, 2 4, or 8 years?Hey, but some of that is all in the past.
Some of President Obama's policies and directions seem good, some go too far, and some I don't know have much of a judgment on.

See Hew, the hate Bush card again just for publishing a direct quote. So predictable, but then again so am I. Sorry.

dnf777
07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
you libs just can't get over the hate for bush. instead of looking in the past why don't you look @ the current president with the same microscope? i am still waiting for my mortgage to be paid. my business could use a huge in influx of federal funds also. oh yea that's right you have to be a total f*** up to get money from the messiah! i guess i don't qualify since i pay all of my bills on time!

Obama may very well screw things up, but as of July 7, 2009, this national debt that I'm being asked to pay, as will my kids, is 6 Trillion dollars worth of W. If you add Reagan, Bush I and Bush II together, you have 8 of the 11 trillion. The ONLY president in this generation to submit and pass a budget surplus was Clinton.

Of Reagan, Bush I and Bush II, only Bush II (W) spent trillions on an unjust war and sent my brothers-in-arms into harms way for an undefined goal.

I hate to keep bringing up facts here, but you asked why we keep harping on bush. Clinton's fling has had no effects on my paycheck. W has, and will continue to for the forseeable future. I know it's got to be frustrating not to be able to blame clinton for NAFTA, but that was originated under Bush I, and for some reason every president since has supported it. And yes, Obama probably will too, but where's the conservative outrage over the trillions of over-spending from the past 8 years?

Gerry Clinchy
07-07-2009, 01:48 PM
He has been in office 6 months, not 8 years. I gave Bush the benefit of the doubt for much longer than 6 months and he was not handed anywhere near the problems President Obama inherited.

OTOH, O had some time to develop a strategy for handling the problems he was about to inherit, and I'm not sure there is evidence that he did that homework as well as he should have.

He campaigned on the premise that he had the answers. As things have progressed, it appears that he was not as well informed about the details, or in the interest of campaigning chose to ignore them.

People tended to discount O's lack of experience in international affairs as being offset by Biden's "expertise". Since election, I have not noted any particular reference to Biden's influence in the conduct of foreign affairs.

I would hate to look in the past, but he did not have a trillion dollar war to pay for, a huge budget deficit, a $700 billion dollar bank bailout to administer from the previous administration

There has been evidence that he believes the military effort in A'stan is/was warranted. If part of the $trillion is for A'stan, then it appears that he was at least partly in agreement for the need for that military expense?

I guess he also believed in the idea of the bank bailout, since he added to those funds very quickly, and his financial experts seem to strongly support that whole concept.

Pat G
07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, at least she had a lot of foreign policy experience.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n&tag=related;photovideo

Roger, That has nothing to do with the simple statement I made and the question I asked. How would you react to someone slamming your wife and kids. I simply don't think it's rite. Don't care if they are Dems or GOP. If your going to quote me at least answer the question.
Pat

Roger Perry
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Roger, That has nothing to do with the simple statement I made and the question I asked. How would you react to someone slamming your wife and kids. I simply don't think it's rite. Don't care if they are Dems or GOP. If your going to quote me at least answer the question.
Pat

If you want to nail her or anyone else on their issues or policies have at it.

Just commenting on her foreign policy experience which has to do with her issues or policies.

Pat G
07-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I stand corrected... that does relate to the statement i made.. DO YOU CARE TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTIONS?
Pat

Pals
07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
You can't be serious? Foreign policy experience, seems to me that BHO ranks right up there with lacking in that departmen- nice apologize and ignore policy we have going. With Biden's big mouth and brillance, we are sure doing a bang up job right now on the FP front. What a mess and people still want to talk about Palin. Leave her alone. Cripes my terrier would be less embarrassing and destructive in FP then this group of hacks.

dnf777
07-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I stand corrected... that does relate to the statement i made.. DO YOU CARE TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTIONS?
Pat

I would whine about it, claim to be a bulldog, then go on a $150,000 shopping spree with my supporters money. You 'betcha!

Roger Perry
07-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Pat

You are right personal attacks are not warranted or justified by anyone that makes them.

Henry V
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
OTOH, O had some time to develop a strategy for handling the problems he was about to inherit, and I'm not sure there is evidence that he did that homework as well as he should have.

He campaigned on the premise that he had the answers. As things have progressed, it appears that he was not as well informed about the details, or in the interest of campaigning chose to ignore them.
If McCain has won we could all say the same thing. I am not sure there is evidence either. What specific facts did he ignore that McCain did not?

People tended to discount O's lack of experience in international affairs as being offset by Biden's "expertise". Since election, I have not noted any particular reference to Biden's influence in the conduct of foreign affairs.
Did we just sign a treaty with the Russian this week?. You are right we do not know how much Biden weighed in on this issue or others. And the point is?

There has been evidence that he believes the military effort in A'stan is/was warranted. If part of the $trillion is for A'stan, then it appears that he was at least partly in agreement for the need for that military expense?
Yes, and this was a clear message in his campaign. My gosh, he's following through. According to the GAO only 24% of the "war on terror" went to Afghanistan. It is the other 76% of the trillion and the long term costs that some of us have a problem with and the fact remains these costs were incurred and not paid for before he arrived.

I guess he also believed in the idea of the bank bailout, since he added to those funds very quickly, and his financial experts seem to strongly support that whole concept.
Yes, its called dealing with the hand that was dealt before you got there and listening to the experts. The fact is that President Obama's administration is dealing with the financial meltdown from the previous Republican administration which had a Republican controlled congress for 6 of 8 years.

Cody Covey
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
yeah guys don't you know. He is spending A lot of money to get us out of Bush spending money....wait a minute that doesn't make sense oh well back to the drawing board.

Roger Perry
07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/31887627#31887627

Could be that Sarah's book deal is paying her $7,000,000 to $9,000,000. Why would she want to work?

Henry V
07-14-2009, 10:11 AM
More background for those interested.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/13/us/politics/13palin.html?_r=1

InIndiana
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Sarah Palin has definitely turned out to be a polarizing figure. I believe that happened because she made such an impact on McCain's campaign and, IMO, in the eyes of DEMS she gave Obama more of a run for his money. Of course she was stifled for the most part by the McCain Campaign.

It became the job of all DEMS and the media to belittle and berate her at every turn. It evolved into some sort of witch hunt. The campaign is over and yet she's still their target. Why? Wouldn't most of us have to pause and try to remember who the VP candidates were for the losing side of past elections? She is a real threat to the establishments for both parties and the media.

Of course folks can trash talk her all they want, but the more it's done the more I question the motives.

Hew
07-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Sarah Palin has definitely turned out to be a polarizing figure. I believe that happened because she made such an impact on McCain's campaign and, IMO, in the eyes of DEMS she gave Obama more of a run for his money. Of course she was stifled for the most part by the McCain Campaign.

It became the job of all DEMS and the media to belittle and berate her at every turn. It evolved into some sort of witch hunt. The campaign is over and yet she's still their target. Why? Wouldn't most of us have to pause and try to remember who the VP candidates were for the losing side of past elections? She is a real threat to the establishments for both parties and the media.

Of course folks can trash talk her all they want, but the more it's done the more I question the motives.
Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. You're like Babe Ruth. Your first at-bat and you hit a dinger. :)

BonMallari
07-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Its actually quite simple even though this thread has now gone 10 pages.

The Liberals thought that they had the franchise on FEMALE candidates...they thought their gal Hillary would break the glass ceiling...along comes a conservative FEMALE and its their ultimate worst nightmare...a pro life, mother,with a child with special needs and on top of all that the camera is very kind to her..so how do they attack her, they dont , they attack those around her, they give the snot nosed 19yr old kid that fathered her daughter's baby a forum to take shots at the Palin family,and yet all you hear from the feminist groups are chirping crickets...

dback
07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. You're like Babe Ruth. Your first at-bat and you hit a dinger. :)

I'll second the Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing but come on HEW......it wasn't the Babe....it was Bob Horner.....ASU Sun Devil to Atlanta Braves :-) :-)

road kill
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Yep.....looks like Sarah is cutting and running!!

NOT!!!

""Palin Op-Ed Blasts Obama: A Prelude to 2012?
Posted: 07/14/09Filed Under:Energy, Sarah Palin, 2012 President 1592

There are at least two possibilities. Either Sarah Palin is a very quick learner or she employs a really good ghostwriter. Even if it's the latter, she's demonstrated with an op-ed article in the Washington Post Tuesday that she's not the total dunce many of us have pictured.

This is the first indication Palin was even aware the Washington Post existed, but her piece is a pretty effective way to show the world she's a political force that no one should underestimate: "At the risk of disappointing the chattering class," she writes, "let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be."

As a card-carrying member of the "chattering class," let me note she's taking on a hefty subject, the complex "cap and trade" plan that plenty of chatterers have trouble understanding. Even more importantly, she's deftly pushing the buttons of every conservative, laying out the Republican argument that using "cap and trade" to control greenhouse gases would be "an enormous threat to our economy."

There's also the boilerplate call to end our reliance on foreign oil by tapping into domestic sources of coal and oil. For good measure, she makes sure her message reaches the religious right: "We are ripe for economic growth and energy independence if we responsibly tap the resources that God created right underfoot on American soil."

So now we know that by resigning as governor of Alaska, Palin had no intention of retiring -- or of being shy and retiring. We can only assume that we will be seeing and hearing more of her forays into substance. It's the best way to rehabilitate her ditzy image -- an image created because "many in the media would rather focus on the personality-driven gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges."

In case anyone doubts the presidential ambition of her save-the-economy essay, the last words should clear things up: "Yes we can. Just not with Barack Obama's energy cap-and-tax plan." Sarah Palin is serving notice that it's a long while till 2012, with plenty of time to repair an image or, for that matter, create an entirely different one.""

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, someone to stand up to this garbage!!

Last Frontier Labs
07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Ten pages of posts...read them all and did not see the real reason she resigned.
So far she has PERSONALLY paid out over $500,000 in legal fees and the state has paid $2 Million...just to fight ethics complaints against her which have all been unfounded.
They estimated that if she had remained until the end of her term, the state would have paid $10 Million. I don't know about your states, but for us that money could and will fund lots of teachers etc....

The Palin family is not wealthy. Comfortable, but not wealthy. Todd is a laborer on the slope and a set net fisherman. Sarah only earns $100,000 a year. She was going in the hole with her job. That $500,000 is alot of money to them...they just couldn't keep pace. I don't know of many willing to stick out that situation.

dnf777
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Ten pages of posts...read them all and did not see the real reason she resigned.
So far she has PERSONALLY paid out over $500,000 in legal fees and the state has paid $2 Million...just to fight ethics complaints against her which have all been unfounded.
They estimated that if she had remained until the end of her term, the state would have paid $10 Million. I don't know about your states, but for us that money could and will fund lots of teachers etc....

The Palin family is not wealthy. Comfortable, but not wealthy. Todd is a laborer on the slope and a set net fisherman. Sarah only earns $100,000 a year. She was going in the hole with her job. That $500,000 is alot of money to them...they just couldn't keep pace. I don't know of many willing to stick out that situation.

Did all these ethics accusations come before or after her VP run? Were they the result of national level politics, or is this normal Alaska jabbing? Had she not been thrust into the international spotlight, I doubt I would even know her name, let alone her legal problems. Any ethics challenges related to her job as gov should be handled by the state (ie taxpayer), but not her personally. What personal charges has she had to defend to the tune of 1/2 million?

This speaks poorly to our judicial system, if someone can be forced to resign public office in order to pay legal defense if they've done nothing wrong. I know in my profession, the average cost to prove you did NOTHING wrong in a frivilous malpractice claim is $50,000! And no, there's no reimbursement or forgiveness of court fees. It doesn't cost one dime to launch this whole process, or if you lose. It's like someone offering free power-ball lotto tickets for a million dollar jackpot. Who wouldn't take a shot?

road kill
07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Did all these ethics accusations come before or after her VP run? Were they the result of national level politics, or is this normal Alaska jabbing? Had she not been thrust into the international spotlight, I doubt I would even know her name, let alone her legal problems. Any ethics challenges related to her job as gov should be handled by the state (ie taxpayer), but not her personally. What personal charges has she had to defend to the tune of 1/2 million?

This speaks poorly to our judicial system, if someone can be forced to resign public office in order to pay legal defense if they've done nothing wrong. I know in my profession, the average cost to prove you did NOTHING wrong in a frivilous malpractice claim is $50,000! And no, there's no reimbursement or forgiveness of court fees. It doesn't cost one dime to launch this whole process, or if you lose. It's like someone offering free power-ball lotto tickets for a million dollar jackpot. Who wouldn't take a shot?
Yeah!!!

Just like Joe the Plumber, it was all a coincidence!!;-)

I have never seen so many people so frightened by 1 woman before!!

Gerry Clinchy
07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Henry V

If McCain has won we could all say the same thing. I am not sure there is evidence either. What specific facts did he ignore that McCain did not?

Since McCain did not win, I cannot say how I would feel on his actions. One of the most annoying things I found in the debates was that when O was presented with a challenging fact, he would blythely say, "That's absolutely not true," (or something like that) with confidence and aplomb ... and change the subject totally. He would never explain.

O and staff have said a number of times, "It is/was much worse than we thought." He found that it was not as easy to get rid of the Gitmo detainees as he thought.

Henry V

Did we just sign a treaty with the Russian this week?. You are right we do not know how much Biden weighed in on this issue or others. And the point is?

We may have signed a treaty with the Russians, perhaps indicating how desperate the Russians are. O's disparaging comment about Putin, while acknowleding Putin's ongoing influence, was IMO a real gaffe. Medvedev was far more diplomatic. O did not have to publicly disparage Putin, even if it was accurate. Lack of class and finesse. O was wearing his Biden hat. The point would be that if Biden was to be the "strong suit" in international affairs, it ain't showing. And O has not done well in IA.

Henry V

Yes, its called dealing with the hand that was dealt before you got there and listening to the experts. The fact is that President Obama's administration is dealing with the financial meltdown from the previous Republican administration which had a Republican controlled congress for 6 of 8 years.

I seriously doubt the value of the "bailouts". GS just turned a $2 billion profit. Other banks are giving back government $ because they now say they don't need it (and they don't like having strings attached to it). All of a sudden most of them fixed themselves without the government $ that everyone said was so essential?

And lest you think those bankers have mended their ways ... today I received two emails from commercial lenders telling me how they are giving commercial loans up to 90% LTV for "D" credit customers. Guess they haven't been listening to the meltdown news.

As for A'stan ... that is one area where I can agree. He did campaign on placing more emphasis on A'stan. He has done so. I also believe he is correct in putting the Congressional investigations aside with regard to CIA, etc. and putting the time, energy & $ into getting the job done in A'stan and Iraq.

Henry V
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Run Sarah run. Palin 2012, Please! Please!, Please!

Keep that base energized. It will be great.

badbullgator
07-15-2009, 11:11 AM

I have not read the whole thread, but I for one hope she does not run. True she energized the ticket, but it was a ticket I supported by default, and she energized it becasue there was NO energy without her. The energy came from the novelty of a woman on the ticket, not her experance or leadership. I think, personally, she is a very cool woman, but I do not want to see her in the WH as POTUS. She is not even close. She was the best thing running the last time around, but that really says nothing. My hope is that the republicans can put together a strong ticket without her. I am also concerned that since our first black president is looking to be a failure, a woman candidate is going to have a hard go of it, because after all of obongos changes are said and done I donít think America will be ready to take another chance on a first just yet (no offence ladies, I donít have a problem with a woman POTUS or a black one either, but I do thin bho is screwing it up for both as we read)

Roger Perry
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM

She just ran away from the Governor's office. What do you want her to run away from next?

JDogger
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Quit Happens...

JD

mjh345
07-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Palin Campaign slogan for 2012:

VOTE PALIN, WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH... I'LL QUIT.... YOU BETCHA!!

dnf777
07-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Palin Campaign slogan for 2012:

VOTE PALIN, WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH... I'LL QUIT.... YOU BETCHA!!

Will her paycheck and health care benefits run out when she quits, like it would for the rest of us? Or like typical politicians, did she write herself some life-long benefit package? Just curious, and haven't heard anything about that on the news.

dnf777
07-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah!!!

Just like Joe the Plumber, it was all a coincidence!!;-)

I have never seen so many people so frightened by 1 woman before!!

You haven't met my wife after a bad day at work :eek:

Last Frontier Labs
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
18th Ethics complaint filed against Gov. Palin.
http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/jul/14/18th-ethics-complaint-filed-against-palin/

honker88
07-17-2009, 12:10 PM
And yet another ethics complaint booted! Surprise!

http://http://www.adn.com/palin/story/865856.html