PDA

View Full Version : Obama's pitch

Hew
07-14-2009, 05:12 PM
The Bamster's going to be tossing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. On the one hand, he's a baller, and since basketball is a sport that requires a lot of athleticism, I'm thinking he's gonna throw a heater right down the middle. On the other hand, during the primaries he rolled a 37 and looked like a newborn fawn with a bowling ball glued to its hoof. A 37?!?*** So there's an equally good chance he might three-hop it to the catcher.

(***Note - for our resident Ivy Leaguer, bowling is a sport us blue collar, proletariat types like to play. It doesn't require much skill to be proficient at, you can drink a lot of beer while playing, and it's inside in a comfortable climate. FYI, 37 is not very good. Someone with a blood alcohol content of .37 should be able to roll a 37...while flat on their back while paramedics insert stomach pumps down their throat.) ;):D;)

Steve
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
You should include a Mark Mallory special. About 15 seconds into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC1dLxYwWJc

Uncle Bill
07-14-2009, 05:49 PM
The Bamster's going to be tossing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. On the one hand, he's a baller, and since basketball is a sport that requires a lot of athleticism, I'm thinking he's gonna throw a heater right down the middle. On the other hand, during the primaries he rolled a 37 and looked like a newborn fawn with a bowling ball glued to its hoof. A 37?!?*** So there's an equally good chance he might three-hop it to the catcher.

(***Note - for our resident Ivy Leaguer, bowling is a sport us blue collar, proletariat types like to play. It doesn't require much skill to be proficient at, you can drink a lot of beer while playing, and it's inside in a comfortable climate. FYI, 37 is not very good. Someone with a blood alcohol content of .37 should be able to roll a 37...while flat on their back while paramedics insert stomach pumps down their throat.) ;):D;)

I'm inclined to agree...since he does have some athleticism...at least on the roundball court. I'd think he will throw it directly to the catcher, primarily because he's been practicing that distance for a week.

Kinda like country music, bowling is for us rednecks; don't see many blacks involved. Come to think of it, it's sort of a parallel of what Bill Russell called "white-man's disease"...namely we white folk can't jump...black folk can't bowl. Too difficult to stay outa the alleys.:rolleyes:

UB

PS FWIW, I B bettin' on the American league.

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-14-2009, 05:53 PM
considering that at last years American League Championships he threw out an opening pitch...which while wasnt pretty or even what you would call a "heater" or hell even a strike..it did reach the plate without hitting anything on the way.

So I give him a better than average chance to repeat the feat.

Now if his political ideas and implamintation of them could only repeat this same flow...as in NOT HIT EVERYTHING on the way to HOME....ahhhhhh who am I kidding...

wouldnt want change anyways, I like(d) the USA regards,

NCA

YardleyLabs
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM

On the ASSumption that I'm the "resident Ivy Leaguer", I will admit that I have never bowled better than 245. However, my father bowled three 300 games (one in a tournament) in his life and brought home a number of trophies.:) To be fair I would also have to admit that a 37 might look like a good stretch target if tried to bowl again.:rolleyes: Drinking would almost certainly improve my score. I'm definitely willing to try a few games if we ever meet in person. Maybe we should each bring a case.

Hew
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Both sides can make a claim. He got it to the catcher nicely but he does throw like a girl.

I'm definitely willing to try a few games if we ever meet in person. Maybe we should each bring a case.
Sounds like fun. You bring the Rolling Rock with the .75 cent per bottle recycling deposit and I'll bring the PBR cans that we can just crush against our foreheads when empty and chuck 'em out the truck window on the ride home. ;)

The "Odd Couple" theme song keeps running through my head. :-P

Franco
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Obama throws the ball like a girl!

Martin
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Both sides can make a claim. He got it to the catcher nicely but he does throw like a girl.

Sounds like fun. You bring the Rolling Rock with the .75 cent per bottle recycling deposit and I'll bring the PBR cans that we can just crush against our foreheads when empty and chuck 'em out the truck window on the ride home. ;)

The "Odd Couple" theme song keeps running through my head. :-P

That was funnY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
[namely we white folk can't jump...black folk can't bowl/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]On the ASSumption that I'm the "resident Ivy Leaguer", I will admit that I have never bowled better than 245

Jeff you must be lilly white:p

I think Obama will drill it.

Pete

Bob Gutermuth
07-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Why did they have to waste time interviewing Fearless leader when there was a ball game on? Glad I have a mute button.

Mike Noel
07-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Report from my brother who was at the game:

During the pregame with all of the ex-presidents the following reactions occurred in the stands.

Obama - Boo'ed
W - Loud Cheers
Clinton - Applause
Bush 1 - Cheers
Carter cadaver (his words, not mine) - Boo'ed

badbullgator
07-16-2009, 09:39 AM
From what I saw on ESPN, it looks to me like the ball did not actually make it across the plate. The catcher was two feet in front of, or at best directly over the plate, thus catching the ball in front of the plate. Had the catcher been behind the plate in his normal spot the ball would have hit dirt.
Not really knocking him, I doubt I could make the throw any better and in the big picture it was no worse than many if not most non-baseball players do

Paul Kartes
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Why did he have to wear a Sox jacket ...

road kill
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Why did he have to wear a Sox jacket ...

Cause his wife thinks he looks cute in it!!

I am hearing a lot about Mom pants!!