PDA

View Full Version : S P

brandywinelabs
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
To the liberals in Hollywood: "We eat meat. Therefore we hunt." To the media: "Tell the truth". To the media again: The new governor has a nice family. Leave his kids alone!

Gott love it!

subroc
07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0u5mOXzCKA&feature=player_embedded

sarah........

Henry V
07-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, great stuff, the Palin chronicles will now start a new chapter.

I watched a bit of the speech and saw some clips. She is reminding me more and more of Michelle Bachmann.

zeus3925
07-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes, great stuff, the Palin chronicles will now start a new chapter.

I watched a bit of the speech and saw some clips. She is reminding me more and more of Michelle Bachmann.

Exactly my thoughts, Henry!

dnf777
07-28-2009, 05:34 AM
I don't understand the whole thing. By her logic, anyone who is not running for re-election two years hence, should quit because they're lame ducks, ill-serving their constituency? She kind of impugned all lame-duck politicians in her speech.

Henry V
07-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't understand the whole thing. By her logic, anyone who is not running for re-election two years hence, should quit because they're lame ducks, ill-serving their constituency? She kind of impugned all lame-duck politicians in her speech.
Yes, that's her logic, if you want to call it that. She is a walking and rambling contradiction, but that should not stop her from what I can tell. The Palintoligists clearly love her.

road kill
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes, that's her logic, if you want to call it that. She is a walking and rambling contradiction, but that should not stop her from what I can tell. The Palintoligists clearly love her.

So you know all of the "facts" surrounding this decision?
Or is this an opinion?

brandywinelabs
07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I wonder how much she has hurt herself by blasting away as she did at the media. I am not sure she is a walking contradiction. Perhaps she gets too passionate about her stand on a subject. I do think we need more politicians willing to stand up for what they and the majority of their constituents believe. As she seems willing to do.

Henry V
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
So you know all of the "facts" surrounding this decision?
Or is this an opinion?
First, RK could you please please point out where I or anyone in this thread purported to know why she made "this decision".

Second, it seems to me this is about what she said in her speech. One of the reasons she gave for quitting, as she said in her farewell, was:
It is because I love Alaska this much, sir (at heckler) that I feel it is my duty to avoid the unproductive, typical, politics as usual, lame duck session in one's last year in office. How does that benefit you? No, with this decision now, I will be able to fight even harder for you, for what is right, for truth. And I have never felt like you need a title to do that.
dnf777 responded with
I simply agreed with that analysis. By the way, she could have run for governor again and this would not have been a lame duck period. It could have been a period to prove she was worth re-election.

Henry V
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I wonder how much she has hurt herself by blasting away as she did at the media. I am not sure she is a walking contradiction. Perhaps she gets too passionate about her stand on a subject. I do think we need more politicians willing to stand up for what they and the majority of their constituents believe. As she seems willing to do.
I'll give her credit that she seemed honest and sincere in her speech. The hunting line was certainly sincere, but like you, I am not sure how it is helpful if she has national aspirations. The hunting community is not a national electoral juggernaut to say the least. Blasting the media all the time is good for the base but not much more, is it. If she really wanted to keep her family out of the spotlight, maybe next time she should not invite Good Morning America on a family fishing outing.

Hew
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
If she really wanted to keep her family out of the spotlight, maybe next time she should not invite Good Morning America on a family fishing outing.
Exactly. And date rape victims deserve what they get, too.

badbullgator
07-28-2009, 06:22 PM

:D:D:D
Dang I can't wait till HT season starts so we can have a beer or three

dnf777
07-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Be careful! Someone might mistake Palintologist for paleontologist, those wackos who think the world is older than 6000 years and had dinosaurs.

Henry V
07-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Nice one Hew. If you want, you can go ahead and equate date rape to the fact that Palin and her supporters complain about the supposed media scrutiny that her family gets when at the same time she invites the media on a family trip. I think there is a bit of a difference, and by the way, if you saw the GMA stuff, any complaints about the coverage or questions?.
As long as we are at it, could you point me to some mainstream media stories that have lied about her family or put on a major spin that has been countered. I hear they are out there, if so, where? I have not paid that close attention. Please do not direct me to any left wing blogs or opinion pieces. Lots of crazy stuff out there. Thanks.

Hew
07-28-2009, 11:41 PM
As long as we are at it, could you point me to some mainstream media stories that have lied about her family or put on a major spin that has been countered. If you have to ask... I hear they are out there, if so, where? I have not paid that close attention. That's apparent. Please do not direct me to any left wing blogs or opinion pieces. Lots of crazy stuff out there. True that, and some of the truly vapid stuff occasionally follows "Originally Posted by Henry V." Like for example the notion that Palin asked for her family to be dissected in the media by virtue of allowing GMA to go along on a fishing trip. Obama allowed photos to be taken of Sasha and Malia in Italy so they're now fair game, right? Thanks. No problem.

Hew
07-28-2009, 11:51 PM
:D:D:D
Dang I can't wait till HT season starts so we can have a beer or three
That sounds good. But you have to promise you won't follow me home and drink all my beer and load up the contents of my liquor cabinet in your trunk and take it home as Henry would claim you would have the right to do.;-)

dback
07-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I almost hate to go to the mountains for a week of scouting, dog training and fishing with the grandkids..... It's grand entertainment watching you lefties committing Seppuku for Dear Leader

dnf777
07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
I almost hate to go to the mountains for a week of scouting, dog training and fishing with the grandkids..... It's grand entertainment watching you lefties committing Seppuku for Dear Leader

I agree. Its grand entertainment to watch any fringe group, left or right, cutting off their noses. What I find entertaining also, is being labeled a leftie just because I don't worship dear Sarah, or point out where the responsibility for our current mess lies, or the cardinal sin.....disagree with Big Rush's talking points.

I was willing to give W a chance, and he blew it....from a liberal, conservative, or independent point of view--you name it. America now wants to give a new guy a chance, so much even, they voted the first black man to office over a decorated war hero. THAT is saying something.

The guy has been in office a little over 6 months, and I"m not happy with him either, but the radical righties have already painted doomsday all over him, and are blaming him for past irresponsibilities.

road kill
07-29-2009, 07:25 AM
That sounds good. But you have to promise you won't follow me home and drink all my beer and load up the contents of my liquor cabinet in your trunk and take it home as Henry would claim you would have the right to do.;-)

Does this cabinet house my friends Jack Daniels or Jim Beam??

Just askin'

badbullgator
07-29-2009, 09:30 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of date rape big boy

Hew
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of date rape big boy
<<gulp>> Well, I suppose I would deserve it since I agreed to drink a few cold ones with you. But I don't have to enjoy it, do I? :D

Jack or Beam implies that I have to make a choice. Do you love one of your children more than another, Stan? ;-)

road kill
07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
<<gulp>> Well, I suppose I would deserve it since I agreed to drink a few cold ones with you. But I don't have to enjoy it, do I? :D

Jack or Beam implies that I have to make a choice. Do you love one of your children more than another, Stan? ;-)
Which ever one is with me at the moment!!

(c'mon now, that is a great answer!!)

stan b

Henry V
07-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Hew, that's it? Not even a link to one mainstream media report where her family has been dissected.

JDogger
07-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Hew, that's it? Not even a link to one mainstream media report where her family has been dissected.

Hey Henry,
Don't you go pickin' on my mullet-wearin', skoal-dippin', redman chewin', tobacco juice spittle-dribblin' on his stars n' bars T-shirt, with the arms cut out, cage rasselin', kick-boxin' Floridian counterpart. Ya might jest get kerected ya know...:razz:

Eh... Brutha?

JD

Sorry didn't mean to get so off topic

Hew
07-30-2009, 02:06 AM
Hey Henry,
Don't you go pickin' on my mullet-wearin', skoal-dippin', redman chewin', tobacco juice spittle-dribblin' on his stars n' bars T-shirt, with the arms cut out, cage rasselin', kick-boxin' Floridian counterpart.
Somebody has been internet stalking again. Please tell me I'm not going to have to file a restraining order.

JDogger
07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Somebody has been internet stalking again. Please tell me I'm not going to have to file a restraining order.

Naaa...just a lucky guess